I have a web site that is fairly basic. It provides news and weekly updates for members of the dart team I belong to. I use an old (pre-Adobe) version of Dreamwever MX to update it and FTP up to the host. Simple.

Is there any app or other add on whatsit that will allow me to do this on my Playbook? I also use a Bold 9700. If I could manage this, I could pretty near burn the old Dell desktop.

I can do all my e-mail, write my columns, and play on Facebook without leaving the comfort of the Playbook. What more do I need a desktop for, other than filing my taxes every year. Maybe soon there will be a TurboTax for the Playbook and I won't have to get out of bed for anything.

Oh yeah! I still have to find a way to publish my writings to Wordpress from the Playbook.

Any ideas?

06-12-12 09:01 PM
    Oh yeah! I still have to find a way to publish my writings to Wordpress from the Playbook.

Any ideas?

Wordpress for Playbook by Automattic
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-12-12 11:24 PM
    Lindstrom tells me:
    Wordpress for Playbook by Automattic.
    I installed the app and it seems to work just fine. Thanks, friend.

That's half the problems fixed. Still hoping for advice on the other half.

Cheers.
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-13-12 04:24 PM
    I have a web site that is fairly basic. It provides news and weekly updates for members of the dart team I belong to. I use an old (pre-Adobe) version of Dreamwever MX to update it and FTP up to the host. Simple.

Is there any app or other add on whatsit that will allow me to do this on my Playbook? I also use a Bold 9700. If I could manage this, I could pretty near burn the old Dell desktop.

I can do all my e-mail, write my columns, and play on Facebook without leaving the comfort of the Playbook. What more do I need a desktop for, other than filing my taxes every year. Maybe soon there will be a TurboTax for the Playbook and I won't have to get out of bed for anything.

Any ideas?

You don't want to burn your PC yet. I used to use DW for a looong time, my last project years ago was building ASP pages into a commercial website. While that's obviously going to be a heckuva lot more complicated than a personal site, you're going to run into one big problem if you ditch your PC and go tablet only: you'll have no way to check to make sure your website renders properly on a PC browser.
    Willard814 likes this.
    06-14-12 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD