I have 16GB Playbook and I was happy with it but since day one I had little problem with power button. My Playbook was in that leather case all the time and always I had hard time to put Playbook on when I had to press power button. It was difficult and I had to press it hard. I thought maybe because of that case but one day I took it out from case and was same thing. I had to press it hard for playbook to do on and button wasn't make clicking noise. Today I pushed power button, red light went on and then went off. Playbook didn't went on at all. Pushed it again and nothing. Took Playbook out from case and notice that one side of power button is pushed in and stuck. Now Playbook can't turn on. Need some advice should I call RIM since is still on manufacture warranty or bring to Best Buy because I bought extra warranty from them. RIM may try to fix it or replace with another 16Gb. Don't know about Best Buy because they don't have 16Gb in stock so maybe replace with bigger one. Need some advice. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-11 04:20 PM
    I'd give Best Buy a shot first. You walk in there with it, worst case they don't fix or replace it, but you can still walk out with it and try another option. Good luck.
    11-19-11 04:25 PM
    First try a pair of tweezers to push the power button back into proper alignment. The button might have always been slightly off centre. Second, failing the first option resolving the issue, go to BestBuy since you bought the extra warranty coverage they might swap the defective tablet with a functional tablet or have the ability to take off the case to realign the power button. I only touch the power button for a hard reset / reboot (a rarity to be certain) and normally use the Battery icon to reboot, power-off, or sleep the tablet. Best of luck to you.
    11-19-11 04:35 PM
    BB9700CA you must have to turn on the playbook with the power button right? Or do you just let it go to sleep mode only?

I think best buy sends it to blackberry within the first year and then after that they use some out source service (for Canada)

I would try there first too.
    11-19-11 04:46 PM
    if it is sleep mode just swipe from top besel to bottom to turn on
    11-19-11 06:16 PM
    It is off no sleep mode. When I get home I try to hook it up to computer and see if it go on but still stuck power button is not fun to have it. I check best buys around and looks like they have 16Gb in stock and don't have any 32 or 64. I wish they replace with new one because I had some problems with that one. I called RIM support and none of 5 person helped me. They didn't know what was wrong. Problems were web loading half way and getting stuck and gps work only once a while. So I really wish they replace with new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-11 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD