i saw the playbook (branded) in one of the black eyed peas' music videos during espn's pregame show
    02-07-11 09:58 PM
    exactly, i don't understand why you're under the assumption it will be carried wherever "they" go in public?
    This DID NOT come from me. RIM's Mike L said that BB users who wanted more advanced functionality can get it with the Playbook. There were threads here with a lot of BB fans talking about how practical the idea was to take the Playbook out with a BB in case they wanted more functionality. If you're wearing jeans and a shirt like most people, tell me how is this practical? Even with a blazer, the Playbook isn't fitting into most interior pockets.
    02-07-11 10:02 PM
    This DID NOT come from me. RIM's Mike L said that BB users who wanted more advanced functionality can get it with the Playbook. There were threads here with a lot of BB fans talking about how practical the idea was to take the Playbook out with a BB in case they wanted more functionality. If you're wearing jeans and a shirt like most people, tell me how is this practical? Even with a blazer, the Playbook isn't fitting into most interior pockets.
    A Jacket....
    02-07-11 10:08 PM
    alby I have to disagree on the carrying in public. I have seen many ipads out and about as one of my best friends and his wife both have their own 3g ones (each have one, they don't like to share lol) and got both last year as wedding presents; they are both techies and that is their laptop. Ipads are out in public, the xoom will be, hp tablets and the playbook will. I don't agree on the tethering to need email blah blah, but I made my point on that and I am done with that. Tablets do go out in public and it doesn't look stupid etc.
    I put my iPad in my business bag, messenger bag, and any non-feminine bag when I go out in public. That's a common use. I take it out at coffee shops like most would a laptop.

What my criticism is referring to (like in my reply to dsquared) is the notion being suggested by BB fanboys that it's practical to use BOTH a BB and Playbook like most would an Android phone or iPhone. They bust out the BB and if they need additional features, they bust out the Playbook - while Android and iPhone users do it all on one smartphone.
    02-07-11 10:09 PM
    A Jacket....
    Tell that to people who live in warm climates.
    02-07-11 10:10 PM
    Tell that to people who live in warm climates.
    i live in a warm climate
    02-07-11 10:19 PM
    the notion being suggested by BB fanboys that it's practical to use BOTH a BB and Playbook like most would an Android phone or iPhone.
    Not sure where you got that notion, we're talking about using a tablet, much like you do your iPad. And most likely, when you're out with your iPad, you probably have your phone with you also. That's really no different that the experience we will have.

If you're just trying to say you have a better browser on your smartphone than we do on the BB, just say it already. I don't see the PB being just for that, but you're welcome to...
    02-07-11 11:26 PM
    I put my iPad in my business bag, messenger bag, and any non-feminine bag when I go out in public. That's a common use. I take it out at coffee shops like most would a laptop.
    My Playbook will fit into my interior pocket of my jacket. That's all I'll use. BlackBerry Presenter in one of the smaller exterior pockets, BlackBerry Stereo Gateway in the other. Job done

What my criticism is referring to (like in my reply to dsquared) is the notion being suggested by BB fanboys that it's practical to use BOTH a BB and Playbook like most would an Android phone or iPhone. They bust out the BB and if they need additional features, they bust out the Playbook - while Android and iPhone users do it all on one smartphone.
    But I quite often see iPads coming out in the local Starbucks... Therefore it is a moot point, it's the extra screen real estate that people use it. And I can overlook the practicality issue, as I will make it work for me (and yes, I'm clearly a fanboy... look through some of my old posts where I've said BB sucks bigtime, and even been branded a troll for it, you'll see I'm not, I use BlackBerry because it WORKS)
    02-08-11 01:57 AM
    My Playbook will fit into my interior pocket of my jacket. That's all I'll use. BlackBerry Presenter in one of the smaller exterior pockets, BlackBerry Stereo Gateway in the other. Job done

But I quite often see iPads coming out in the local Starbucks... Therefore it is a moot point, it's the extra screen real estate that people use it. And I can overlook the practicality issue, as I will make it work for me (and yes, I'm clearly a fanboy... look through some of my old posts where I've said BB sucks bigtime, and even been branded a troll for it, you'll see I'm not, I use BlackBerry because it WORKS)
    Blackberry Presenter, Blackberry Presenter, Blackberry Presenter...
    You really are a one trick pony!
    02-08-11 05:35 AM
    My friend and his wife carry their 3g ipads around. Both are programmers/techies. My other buddy carries his archos 5 inch around. People DO carry tablets around.
    Yep they do indeed.

Douchebags With iPads — Don’t hate the game, hate the player…
    howarmat and Rickroller like this.
    02-08-11 05:57 AM

You are going to die due to emf I think.

I agree, pads are popping out everywhere. Even if they were cumbersome, I think people are going to flashe them in public because they are the new status symbol.

Smartphones are circulating like hotcakes; the brand doesn't even matter because so many look similar they are getting hard to differentiate. But now there are tablets....

Think of the boon to sales just in terms of accessories. Carrying cases, for example; they look professional and they will help facilitate carrying them around. Some are coming with extra gizmos on the inside cover to hold pens, scratch paper, etc.

Never ever underestimate the power of vanity.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 09:30 AM
    The simple fact of the matter Playbook WILL FIT IN "SOME" POECKETS, iPad cannot. Not saying it needs to be there when you walk to the grocery store. But there's already been a multitude of times I wish the iPad was easier to carry. For all my accessories, it takes a netbook bag to lug around the full iPad set up. Then I might as well throw in the netbook cause it fits and I want flash, and before you know it, I might as well not have an iPad at all. I've been playing with a 7 inch Android tab for months now and it can comfortably and securely be on my person, and still have a stylus and charger, my 2 most likely things to want with me. I would take this around over the iPad but it has virtually no battery and wifi.
    Last edited by aawilson; 02-08-11 at 12:23 PM.
    02-08-11 12:20 PM
    it's practical to use BOTH a BB and Playbook like most would an Android phone or iPhone.
    Wrong category, a tablet is not a phone silly. If you want to have a fit about our phones being less capable, that's fine. But don't get disillusioned that Rim is the suckiest thing ever and BB fan boys are ridiculous for seeing the value of another device. You admit you carry an iPad, how do you like its Smartphone integrating features it has, how is the camera quality? What about chatting on facebook with no app needed? Oh yeah, that's right, I basically use mine like an iPod touch cause that's all it does. What your saying is like tablets are useless, if an iPhone or Android does it all already, why does anyone need a tablet?

This notion that we want a tablet to supplement our phone is just the wrong idea completely, yeah I know Blackberry Amplified is one of the sought after features, that's just all the more better for making it a practical device. PB integrates, not just duplicates.

People know what they're getting into, I won't use an iPhone because just to get an NES emulator you must jailbreak, while my BB lets me add files outside of iTunes, making it possible to play Vnes on official firmware. Androids and iPhones might be the **** in your eyes, but please respect they are not for everyone.
    Last edited by aawilson; 02-08-11 at 04:08 PM.
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-08-11 01:20 PM

Blackberry Presenter, Blackberry Presenter, Blackberry Presenter...
    You really are a one trick pony!
    Clearly you failed to see what I have bolded above. Because you can't go on about me being a fanboy, you resort to personal insults by calling me a one trick pony. If having the BlackBerry Presenter being one of my big things (but I do other things, such as Facebook) makes me a one trick pony in your eyes, then surely anyone who just wants an Android for a browser also makes them a one trick pony? The logic fits.
    02-08-11 04:00 PM
    Simply put... it was the Playbook but does that matter? Nope because nobody knew it was because it wasn't advertised as it.

You think its not? it was Will.I.Am and he's a huge BB enthusiast.
    02-08-11 11:17 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD