The PlayBook doesn't have one, its like finding someone who doesn't have a navel!

You got one, I have one, heck even the dog has one.

What I'm talking about is something just about every GUI I've ever seen has one, you know that pesky "Don't bother me I'm busy!" indicator.

Windows has hour glasses and circles borrowed from other OS's, Apple has the spinning lolly-pop, BlackBerry phone OS has that what ever you call it, but the PlayBook doesn't have one.

If its busy, its just plain busy and you can poke and prod all you want until it comes back to life, then all of the a fore mentioned actions you took come storming on like a vengeance and you can't remember which one you meant because you tried everything. Ha!

So there you have it; The PlayBook ain't got one!
    09-22-12 09:30 PM
    Busy as in while starting an app?
    You can still push it up from the lower bezel and do whatever you want..
    09-22-12 09:39 PM
    It has one, unless I misunderstand and the spinny green circle doesn't count.
    09-22-12 09:39 PM
    most of the time there is no need for a LOADING icon since my playbook is so fast

Sent from da BOLD or maybe mi PlayBook
    bldshd likes this.
    09-22-12 09:43 PM
    I've had mine completely lock up switching between native email and native browser with no indication, of course I fault over loaded web pages with processor resource hogging Google tracking crap!

Also had the native browser get lost between showing/hiding address bar or switching tabs and I'm blaming Google for that loss of performance as well.

BTW I'm not PlayBook bashing just poking fun at a missing navel.
    Last edited by Zildjian71; 09-22-12 at 10:12 PM.
    09-22-12 09:49 PM
    Busy as in while starting an app?
    You can still push it up from the lower bezel and do whatever you want..
    Most of the time yes, but multiple tabs in the native browser eats up a ton of memory (as mentioned in other threads) and seriously effect performance, which I'm sure I can control by not opening so many and keeping cache and local storage clear.

If I'm not aware that my tabs are hogging RAM and try to go to another app and get a blank splash screen there is no indication that the OS is busy trying to juggle resources. It just locks up for a while then suddenly performs all of the actions I tried.
    Last edited by Zildjian71; 09-22-12 at 10:07 PM.
    09-22-12 09:57 PM
    I'm not complaining about it not keeping up with me, heck, I know its just a tablet. I'm saying it doesn't have a busy indicator...yet.
    09-22-12 10:09 PM
    I love my playbook book but it does have the checkerboarding.
    09-23-12 01:39 AM
    My playbook sometimes has the spinning circle....note the sometimes. But this might be part of the apps (Contacts and App World for example) not the PB itself.
    09-23-12 06:25 AM
    My playbook sometimes has the spinning circle....note the sometimes. But this might be part of the apps (Contacts and App World for example) not the PB itself.
    But never in the OS itself, only within apps. And app slowing down does not stop us from doing anything on the PlayBook.

That's what the OP means.
    09-23-12 09:55 AM
    But never in the OS itself, only within apps. And app slowing down does not stop us from doing anything on the PlayBook.

That's what the OP means.
    I don't think that's what he's saying at all. I think he literally means that there is no icon ala windows hourglass/BB7 clock/osx beachball to signify when deadlock occurs in the OS.

FWIW I don't recall seeing that type of icon on iOS either.
    09-23-12 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD