I have the latest desktop manager version and my PB can't seem to connect to it. It says Unknown Device. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it from the blackberrys website but nothing. I tried using different usb ports and cables but nothing.

Anyone know what's going on?
    04-21-11 10:18 PM
    We had a similar problem and tried many of the same things until my husband suggested that i make sure the the Wi-Fi and Bridge were turned off before connecting to the PC.

That worked for me.

Good Luck.
    04-22-11 12:24 AM
    You are a life saver!! Thank you so much, I did exactly as you said and it worked like a charm.
    04-22-11 01:32 AM
    We had a similar problem and tried many of the same things until my husband suggested that i make sure the the Wi-Fi and Bridge were turned off before connecting to the PC.

That worked for me.

Good Luck.
    Genius!! thank you! give him a hug for me lol
    04-22-11 01:40 AM
    Thanks - that worked PERFECT ! - I was trying all kinds of things. (Over an hour). This did it in 10 seconds.
    04-22-11 11:11 PM
    Still won't work for me. I can't get this damn thing to connect ot my pc. It installs the mass storage device and such, can only go to network to see it nothing in desktop manager and I just got a replacement today, this thing is getting on my nerves.
    04-30-11 06:40 PM
    ive had this issue since the DM update.when i plug in the PB it tell me i need to update my PB os. what update?. phone works fine when hooked to dm
    04-30-11 06:56 PM
    Ok. If it turn the playbook OFF, then plug in usb cable "blackberry" is detected till it starts to boot and then it goes away. I think this os version is buggy.
    04-30-11 08:16 PM
    i was having the same problem and turning off the wifi worked for me, so THANKS. i guess we can't use it online while connected but that's not a big deal...although now the problem seems to be not being able to sync pictures or videos. the screen says to connect my device to the pc in those 2 folders even though i can sync music without a problem and it does indeed recognize my playbook.
    11-27-11 07:22 PM
    Getting a request to restore factor default on devise OS, but it doesn't make sense to do this after the recent OS update on the Playbook. Does it not make sense to have Blackberry Link DM upgraded to support device upgrades? Blackberry, you must do better than this. And how long (if ever) before you restore one of my favourite BB staples, the Outlook USB sync? Outlool.com sync is sketchy
    03-06-13 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD