I just update my PlayBook over my Wi-Fi and it has been restarting ever since.
    The RIM support guy said that this is because the servers are slow today (I wonder what will happen tomorrow when the wider world gets hold of it). I am not sure whether it is still connected to the Update Server since it has already downloaded what it needed to download.

Any clues?
    04-18-11 04:20 PM
    I'd wait till launch tomorrow. I appreciate wanting to get to it, but I wouldn't get concerned until the date of launch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 04:23 PM
    The RIM support guy said that this is because the servers are slow today (I wonder what will happen tomorrow when the wider world gets hold of it). I am not sure whether it is still connected to the Update Server since it has already downloaded what it needed to download.

Any clues?
    try DM, because it seem a new update is available via DM, check out the CB front page for more details
    04-18-11 04:25 PM
    I would expect RIM is working on launching update servers tomorrow or late tonight to handle expected bandwidth needs of the initial launch,

I hope RIM has created update servers for BES clients specifically, pushing the updates to the BES admins, and them deploying them on their own bandwidth to devices to alleviate the load on the consumer servers, it would also be a good practice making IT admins control the update software ANYWAY.
    04-18-11 04:27 PM
    try DM, because it seem a new update is available via DM, check out the CB front page for more details
    That update is not for consumers. It's a leaked internal build.
    04-18-11 04:28 PM
    Good to know people are expecting busy servers tomorrow!
    04-18-11 04:36 PM
    that is untrue. mine is retail and i got .1690 ota.
    04-18-11 04:51 PM

Any clues?
    i am 100% confident you got one of these as well:

04-18-11 04:57 PM
    Consumer software wouldn't have Quincy.
    04-18-11 05:17 PM
    @312,
    I am 100% confident you read my post
    I have already contacted Tech Support and all they could tell me was to restart the unit. No avail: its stuck at the screensaver
    04-18-11 08:28 PM
    Might be a date thing. I hope so, don't want this with me tomorrow.
    04-18-11 08:51 PM
    I assume Support told you to hard boot it by holding down the power button for 5 or 10 seconds?
    04-18-11 08:56 PM
    @snuci,
    Yes. That is exactly what they asked me do but it has not helped
    04-18-11 08:59 PM
    Hmm, wonder if you get the new desktop manager and then it get the latest os and reload it? I have had to do blackberries like that.
    04-18-11 09:00 PM
    @sandmanfvr,
    Already done that. I have the latest DM (6.0.2.42) but it reads the PlayBook as 'Unknown Device' then gives me options to:

1) Retry connecting to the device (Which does not work, of course)
    2) Search for new Device Software (which goes on forever and ever and finds nothing)

3) Cancel out

ideas?
    04-18-11 09:05 PM
    That isn't the latest, search the forum for the latest I can't remember the number.
    04-18-11 09:08 PM
    @sandmanfvr,
    This is the latest version as I have checked on the Forum. Please also see the attached screenshot from my computer

Thanks for lending a hand here
    04-18-11 09:15 PM
    I think that is the latest version....

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-des...nd-mac-updated
    04-18-11 09:16 PM
    @sandmanfvr,
    This is the latest version as I have checked on the Forum. Please also see the attached screenshot from my computer

Thanks for lending a hand here
    Same one I installed yesterday. Has help files for the tablet. Maybe an update thru DM once the servers go online?
    04-18-11 09:25 PM
    I checked that to, but somebody on here said a 6.1 version. I don't know, probably after midnight new desktop manager goes out, I hope so.
    04-18-11 09:28 PM
    04-18-11 10:17 PM
    He can't get INTO the os to wipe it. No gui comes up.
    04-18-11 10:21 PM
    @sandmanfvr,
    Thanks for clearing this up with the other user.
    It has been almost 18 hours now and the 'useless' PlayBook unit is sitting at my desk. I do have cross-eyes now after looking at those colorful circles
    04-19-11 08:25 AM
    @sandmanfvr,
    Thanks for clearing this up with the other user.
    It has been almost 18 hours now and the 'useless' PlayBook unit is sitting at my desk. I do have cross-eyes now after looking at those colorful circles
    Did you try rebooting the device? I saw this once but after rebooting, it re-started fine. I held the power button for about 10 seconds until the circles turned off then pressed the button once to start it up again.
    04-19-11 08:32 AM
    @sunocoz,
    Been there, done that. Multiple times. No luck
    04-19-11 08:36 AM
152 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD