Hello,

My playbook used to remember my usernames and passwords on all sites I am actively using, but it doesn't anymore, and I haven't changed anything. I resetted and cleared all cache, cookies and other, expecting to have to enter usernames and passwords once, but my PB keeps asking every single time.

Cookies are allowed, not in private mode or anything...

Any suggestion? I am thinking that maybe it's time for a secure wipe and fresh install, since my PB is not as responsive as it used to be initially.

Let me know,

JF
    03-24-12 09:55 AM
    Wow, two months and no replies by anyone. I am surprised I am the only one with the problem. My laptop will remember all of my passwords when I reconnect to these sites like facebook or Adsense, but the playbook doesn't and it drives me nuts!!

Any one??

[YT][/YT]
    05-24-12 07:59 AM
    Well, I can't speak for everyone but it works fine on mine. Are you sure you're checking the little boxes on the website that says "Remember Me".
    05-24-12 08:09 AM
    Also, in the Browser's options, make sure you do not have Private Browsing as an option - that will erase things like cookies needed to retain passwords.
    05-24-12 08:44 AM
    Seems to be hit and miss for me. Works on most sites, including this one, but on some I always have to put in my username/password (even if I check the 'remember me' box). Perhaps it depends on the site and how the PB browser interprets the cookie parameters that are set (eg. persistent, secure, httpOnly, etc...).
    05-24-12 02:02 PM
    If it's site specific, you might try logging in through the alternate web page. I mean, if it's the full site, try the mobile site (if they have one), or vice versa.

I'm had some funky stuff happen when opening a site through a bookmark. When that happens I delete the bookmark, open the page, login, the save the bookmark again.
    05-24-12 02:50 PM
    Interesting feedback,

Anyway, did a fresh install last night since the playbook was sluggish, at best, and everyting is working fine now, including remembering passwords the way it should.

Thank you all,

JF
    saudadeii likes this.
    05-25-12 07:51 AM
    Glad it works now despite having to refresh. Thanks for reporting back.
    05-25-12 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD