11-02-12 12:06 PM
31 12
tools
    Oh sorry I read the date the comment was posted wrong "2008" :P and just for your information guys Lebanese are Arabs, we speak Arabian though about 80% of us are very fluent in English or French too.. so contacting support isn't a problem but I can't seem to find their number. :S I've been told that downgrading might help since WiFi functionality was lost after an update, any thoughts here?
    Good grief, do you see what I mean? I did not mean language in the literal sense, which is why I said "let me explain" after which I actually explained my interpretation of the term "language". I meant local RIM support centers don't give you a hearing if you bought the product other than from the local distributors - if it didn't come from them or the authorized distributors within the country, you're on your own. That is what I mean by, they don't speak our language.

The guy who posted before my previous comment pasted the number in his/her post. But I would first suggest you try downgrading, or even just doing a fresh new install of the current version and see how that works out.
    WaelIT_ likes this.
    01-03-12 03:46 PM
    4 hours remaining for the downgrade QCFM file.. wish me luck guys!
    01-03-12 04:05 PM
    mine stopped detecting wifi at work then at home suddenly stopped detecting....I've been searching for 2 days already tried the debrick method, didn't work, still looking for a solution...this freaking sucks big time, im already looking at the google tablet coming out..
    06-02-12 07:15 PM
    I did my previous post from my laptop now I'm back on my PB all I did was click on my saved router even if it wasn't being detected then hit save and connect and bingo I'm connected again I don't know what the freak happened but I'm happy back on my Wifi at home.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-02-12 07:55 PM
    Quick tips.

In some occasions, BlueTooth brigded phones and Wifi can interfere. Try to shut down BT. 10 secs try, may worse it.
    Can also try to unlink any bridged device.

Also, if your Wifi connexion was successful before, try to delete it from the stored network connections in the wifi settings (scroll down the drop-down on the wifi settings right page, hit the pencil, then the bin). Deleting all previously saved connexion may be an option too, as the exact same connexion might be stored twice, if network ID was changed or unsuccessfully broadcast) issuing conflicts.

"When you have problems, try to start over from scratch/clean situation" ... (i.e: unfortunately, doesn't apply for those using the wipe or debrick methods).
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 06-03-12 at 05:56 AM.
    06-03-12 05:43 AM
    Playbook does not detect wifi anymore :(-snapshot_20121021_4.jpg

How do we fix this issue, playbook not detecting wifi so not able to activate the os. The manual connect option too does'nt seems to work.
    11-02-12 12:06 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD