Try are restart or contact rim

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    05-10-12 09:10 AM
    Hi,
    I have tried everything on this forum, however the playbook still would not charge not turn on.
    Tried the reboot, stack charging, charged for 24hrs with rapid charger, tried the usb, nothing works. Please help!!!
    There is no red light when plug in, it was there initially, (last week) but not anymore...
    thank you!
    agnes
    06-29-12 05:33 PM
    I battled the charging problem for a month so, bought a new BB PlayBook charger and so forth to no avail so I called the man. RIM was very helpful, we went through all the tricks and it was determined that I should send it in under the one year warranty. So off it went and I think it was six days and they returned one that was as nice as new. Different serial number, that's okay we are back up and running. It seems to me that there maybe some kind of latent problem and it is appearing more and more. Before my PlayBook quit charging all together I had sporadic crashes that I attempted to resolve with a wipe and redo of the os . Nothing seemed to remedy the problem for long. Now I wonder if that may of been related to the eventual total death of the battery. A sign perhaps of eventual battery malfunction. Not long after receiving my new PlayBook my second BB charger did not seem to be working correctly - not charging and no lightning bolt, so currently it charges via A 1 amp output phone charger and it seems to do the job ok. I am not going to buy another BlackBerry wall charger for it. The plug symbol appears and I take note of the percentage number, check it in abit and the percentage numbers are increased thus proof of charging. To be redundant and beat the drum for RIM- "I love my PlayBook". I really missed it. I would rather surf the Web and write emails with it than watch television. I read all the time with it. So I feel the pain others are going through trying to make their tablet functional again. Best to you all. Call RIM if you can't get it working right away, why frustrate yourself.
    06-29-12 07:04 PM
    PTZ,
    RIM will replace the charger if it fails. Most likely with a rapid charger.
    You can also buy a PB charger at Walmart for $16.
    PTZ likes this.
    06-29-12 07:09 PM
    PTZ,
    RIM will replace the charger if it fails. Most likely with a rapid charger.
    You can also buy a PB charger at Walmart for $16.
    I never tried to get a replacement for my first one. The wire insulation began to split away from the micro usb head about the time it started behaving erratically, finally not at all. The second one worked fine for sometime and then it began having problems too. So I will give RIM a call. Perhaps the charger has something to do with battery failure?
    06-30-12 07:20 AM
    My Scene
    Everything was working fine - until a day when I pulled the PB longer than the USB cable connected to the PC. SNAP
    Now the PB can be charged with the normal charger (Power adapter with the mini usb port).
    -But not charging or any detection when I connect the USB cable from PC
    06-30-12 08:14 AM
    My Scene
    Everything was working fine - until a day when I pulled the PB longer than the USB cable connected to the PC. SNAP
    Now the PB can be charged with the normal charger (Power adapter with the mini usb port).
    Odd, that it still charges using the usb port and ac adapter but "normal" usb functions do not work. So, usb-to-computer and you don't see a Drive/pb? Desktop Manager does not show it anymore? No "ding" sound when you hook up the usb to computer? Have you looked at the port? Some folks have noticed that their's were bent downward (I think).

You might be able to convince rim it is a defect if you fudge the stress on the port issue!
    06-30-12 09:30 AM
    My Scene
    Try a new USB to PC cable.
    06-30-12 10:23 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD