Is there a playbook dock that will not only charge but it will have a hole for the mini hdmi cable? something like the new z10s charging cradle.
    02-12-13 10:33 PM
    No there isn't. I use a generic tablet stand and plug in the cables. You can get right angle HDMI adapters at monoprice.com.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-12-13 10:42 PM
    have any examples? i pretty much only use my playbook to watch movies on my tv so a little dock would be nice. it could even lay flat for all i care. the oem blackberry one would be pretty good if only it had a slot for the hdmi.
    02-12-13 10:46 PM
    I like this one.
    Perch stand for the BlackBerry Playbook

I have another that is just a thin metal frame that holds in one position upright.

If you don't mind it laying flat then it would defeat the purpose of the stand. Just plug it in.
    02-12-13 11:03 PM
    I like this one.
    Perch stand for the BlackBerry Playbook

I have another that is just a thin metal frame that holds in one position upright.

If you don't mind it laying flat then it would defeat the purpose of the stand. Just plug it in.
    I wonder if they still sell that Perch stand - looks pretty nice if not a bit pricy. I was using my Otterbox stand over the last week and could not get the angle I wanted. But the Perch stand would not accommodate a pb inside an Otterbox shell (and it is too much work to remove it)
    02-13-13 12:18 AM
    have any examples? i pretty much only use my playbook to watch movies on my tv so a little dock would be nice. it could even lay flat for all i care. the oem blackberry one would be pretty good if only it had a slot for the hdmi.
    If you don't mind it laying flat why get a dock? Just use an HDMI cable and the rapid charger.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-13-13 05:44 AM
    I was in Dollarama the other week. In the five foot long "Electronics Department" aisle area I noticed a box of tablet stands so spent a dollar for one. It turned out to be made for newer slimmer tablets but I cut and widened the cradle a bit. For a cheap stand it serves the purpose. And it's even available in few colours.
    Attached Thumbnails playbook dock with hdmi out?-img_20131060.png   playbook dock with hdmi out?-img_20131061.png   playbook dock with hdmi out?-img_20131062.png   playbook dock with hdmi out?-img_20131064.png  
    Carl Estes and mh1983 like this.
    11-21-13 11:15 PM
    I made my own out of the charging cradle stand. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...a-dock-780126/ and am working on another that doesn't have the big box.

playbook dock with hdmi out?-img_00000009_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails playbook dock with hdmi out?-img_00000009.jpg  
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-22-13 12:08 AM
    I was in Dollarama the other week. In the five foot long "Electronics Department" aisle area I noticed a box of tablet stands so spent a dollar for one. It turned out to be made for newer slimmer tablets but I cut and widened the cradle a bit. For a cheap stand it serves the purpose. And it's even available in few colours.
    Love the idea...gonna gets me one!!

Fired from my Z10
    11-22-13 05:10 AM
    I made my own out of the charging cradle stand. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...a-dock-780126/ and am working on another that doesn't have the big box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000009_edit.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	223169

Posted via CB10
    Nice work!

Fired from my Z10
    Rad_Book likes this.
    11-22-13 05:10 AM
    I wonder if they still sell that Perch stand - looks pretty nice if not a bit pricy. I was using my Otterbox stand over the last week and could not get the angle I wanted. But the Perch stand would not accommodate a pb inside an Otterbox shell (and it is too much work to remove it)
    F2,,, damn man,,, for a guy that climbs friggin' mountains, that's just plain lazy...
    Carl Estes and FF22 like this.
    11-22-13 05:46 AM
    Awful close to the edge!
    Look for a micro HDMI adapter and you will be able to push the PB back a wee bit further from the edge.
    If you live in California, the next tremor could send it into a "Gravity Test".....
    I use something similar, but have the Rapid Charger and a micro HDMI connector on it and it clears the table no problem, and ZERO strain oin the cables.

c
    11-22-13 10:57 AM
    F2,,, damn man,,, for a guy that climbs friggin' mountains, that's just plain lazy...
    I have to save energy for the important things in life. Skied last weekend but pretty tame stuff compared to what friends did yesterday.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-22-13 02:08 PM
    Speaking of Dollarama stands, I got a bunch of these which were originally made for iPads. Extremely handy for kitchen counter operations (recipes, forum reading, etc). If I want to plug in the HDMI cable or rapidcharger cable, I just turn it upside down and the cords are at the top. Not exactly what you wanted but hey, at $2, it ain't half bad!playbook dock with hdmi out?-img_2775.jpgplaybook dock with hdmi out?-img_2774.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    11-22-13 03:41 PM
    Hi Carl Estes,

Yeah, a bit risky if right on the edge of the table. It's better if I place a book in the middle of the table and then place the stand on that. I could still have the connections underneath and not worry about it falling over more than a few inches.

The nice thing about Playbook-sized tablets becoming more popular is there should be more non-brand specific accessories appearing in the dollar stores (today's five and dime).

btw, the website in my picture is: eduTecher.net-explore. share. contribute A lot of good resources on it.
    11-23-13 11:56 AM