View Poll Results: Which PlayBook do you have?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16GB PlayBook

37 34.58%
  • 32GB PlayBook

40 37.38%
  • 64GB PlayBook

30 28.04%
    Hello PlayBook owners. I'm making plans of joining this fine club but I can't really make up my mind on which model (size-wise) I should get.

If you could be so kind and tell me which model you have, what you do the most with it and justify why did you go with the size you have (if it was "because it was cheaper" stick to what you use it ) I'd be really appreciative.

EDIT: I don't plan to have any music/videos on the device for entretainment. I will probably have some short (1-4 minutes) videos for presentations and classes on it, but those are hardly a problem. I also won't carry documents, I'll access them from the cloud (always scary they might fall in wrong hands...) and upload any I create to SugarSync (if only they'd create an app...).
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-08-11 at 07:35 PM.
    09-08-11 07:29 PM
    Whenever this question is asked I say the same thing....

Buy as much as you can afford. I have 14+GB left on my 64GB PB. Once you get it and use/play with it you do things you never expected.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-08-11 07:42 PM
    i got a16Gb.... i use it mostly for web browsing.. pdf reading... i only wish there more engineering productivity apps.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-08-11 07:47 PM
    I picked up the 64GB because of Videos (LA Fitness & On-the-Go) and the Price. I paid $500 BNIB/Sealed for.

I also use it for Music, Browsing and Bridging. If Angry Birds (App) was available it would be a Gaming Tablet.

OP, 16GB should be more than enough.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-08-11 08:30 PM
    16gb cause I'm cheap and figure I can put stuff on it, get tired of that. Take it off and put something else on it. Rinse and repeat.
    chiefbroski and diegonei like this.
    09-08-11 08:39 PM
    16gb cause I'm cheap and figure I can put stuff on it, get tired of that. Take it off and put something else on it. Rinse and repeat.
    I'm the same just delete old stuff. I bought the 16gb and found it was sufficient for what I needed, however, it was just recently replaced with a 32gb so I can wait a little longer to delete older music. ATM I have 26.2 free storage left after installing the apps I frequent.
    bquinney and diegonei like this.
    09-08-11 08:49 PM
    I got the 32GB - I take it with me to Starbucks when I study, while there I listen to music, surf the web when I need info & take notes on things that I need more help on. I also take it with me when I go outta town for short periods instead of lugging around my laptop.It acts as a camera/video cam, gives me internet access when needed, music + movies.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-08-11 08:57 PM
    Thanks to all of you voting and posting comments! So far, I am leaning towards 16GB.

I just won't have music on the things guys, I'm planning on getting a 32GB micro sdhc card for my 9780, that will cover my musical needs. I find the handlend to be better suited for the mobile music thing than the tablet.

Whenever this question is asked I say the same thing....

Buy as much as you can afford. I have 14+GB left on my 64GB PB. Once you get it and use/play with it you do things you never expected.
    Sure, but how do you use? What did you put there that layed waste on your storage like that?

@SmakBerry & kbz1960: Yeah, that's a no brainer. Will do so for the HD videos and high res pictures I snap with it. Smak, could you talk about those 5.8GB of apps you have?

I also take it with me when I go outta town for short periods instead of lugging around my laptop.
    This is the one reason I am considering a tablet instead of a new laptop. Since I already have a Bold, the PlayBook feels like an obvious choice.

OP, 16GB should be more than enough.
    Rofl, such a long time since I was refered to as OP... Thanks for the input!

So what about apps? What apps do you have? How much space do they take? Keep the info coming!

i got a16Gb.... i use it mostly for web browsing.. pdf reading... i only wish there more engineering productivity apps.
    Seems close to the kind of usage I am planning (along with using dotProject through the browser and other stuff like that). Speaking of apps, which productivity ones you recommend and which you wish were available?
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-08-11 at 09:34 PM.
    09-08-11 09:20 PM
    I probably could get by with a 16gb since I've only used roughly 10gb of space but I feel better having the 32gb in case I ever need the extra room.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-08-11 11:17 PM
    Rofl, such a long time since I was refered to as OP... Thanks for the input!

So what about apps? What apps do you have? How much space do they take? Keep the info coming!
    Sadly (not surprised) just four and use VEVO the most, the rest rarely.

ScoreMobile, CrackBerry, Hangman

Looks like less than 10MB. LOL

Just to compare, I only have 12 Apps (that I actually use) for Apple which takes only less than 300MB. Just wanted to point out that Apps aren't an issue.

BTW, my 64GB has...

77 Videos, 388 Music and 422 Pictures. I have less than 20GB left. I hate deleting files.
    Last edited by bembol; 09-08-11 at 11:29 PM.
    09-08-11 11:27 PM
    same here...
    09-08-11 11:33 PM
    32GB of sexiness!!!
    09-08-11 11:34 PM
    I had a 16 and I just went to a 64. I have a bunch of apps, a movie, 4 tv episodes, about 150 pictures, and about 400 songs. With the current OS update, I have about 5gb to spare on my 16.

I went up for a few reasons. With everything that's supposed to be included in the 'super' update 2.0 that's coming, the OS will increase in size. But if there's native email, you're going to have to consider the actual storage of all that email on your device. That could get quite big. I'd like to be able to have more space for video for offline viewing. I'm also taking into account being able to download more apps once the Android Player is available. But the biggest reason recently is that I'm getting more used to wifi file transfer on this thing. I find that I'm using it as a wireless memory stick more and more.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-08-11 11:44 PM
    I got 64GB... and I guess, that is the most ideal capacity if you don't want to worry about capacity... the problem with bigger capacity is, this is based on my personal experience, you are becoming impatient when you have nothing or cannot put something useful there...

I guess, until the release of OS2, PlayBook owners who got only 16GB are more satisfied and happy than others...
    diegonei likes this.
    09-09-11 12:02 AM
    I've got two 16gb playbook, dont worry about size anymore the Box app gives you free 50gb storage.
    impalass96 and diegonei like this.
    09-09-11 02:26 AM
    I had a 16 and I just went to a 64. I have a bunch of apps, a movie, 4 tv episodes, about 150 pictures, and about 400 songs. With the current OS update, I have about 5gb to spare on my 16.

I went up for a few reasons. With everything that's supposed to be included in the 'super' update 2.0 that's coming, the OS will increase in size. But if there's native email, you're going to have to consider the actual storage of all that email on your device. That could get quite big. I'd like to be able to have more space for video for offline viewing. I'm also taking into account being able to download more apps once the Android Player is available. But the biggest reason recently is that I'm getting more used to wifi file transfer on this thing. I find that I'm using it as a wireless memory stick more and more.
    Hmmm, interesing points...

Well I'll be bridge, I am one of those guys that didn't really see reason for the non-native-mail-client fuzz. Heck, 90% of us use gmail/hotmail/yahoo. But yes, the 2.0 should bump the OS size and I do plan on getting some Lloyd love.

I've got two 16gb playbook, dont worry about size anymore the Box app gives you free 50gb storage.
    I'm a SugarSync user sitting on free 24GB space. And then again, I don't think my carrier will be too happy with all data strain on the data plan. ^^

Guys please don't forget to say how you use it and what you have in there. I can't use "get x" or "I got y". I need to know how you use them so I can compare to what I want to do (and go "oh, never thought of that, gonna use it got that too!" - ie: looking into this Box thing as I post).

EDIT: Yep, gonna pass on Box. I already have 24GB of free space with SugarSync and Box gives 5GB free and 50GB for $19.99.
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-09-11 at 09:20 AM.
    09-09-11 09:05 AM
    I picked up the 32GB as a balance between having content that I use and replace and the price. I have a couple of movies on there, plus many I record, then offload them to my server for storage/burning/sharing. Also, I have quite a bit of music on there along with my presentations.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-09-11 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD