Hi all,
    Well I got my 2nd PB delivered last Friday & as yet I've still to get it to talk to my PC (Windows 7 32bit), it installed the Driver ok & says that it's connected but it's not there also in DM I get the options to cancel, retry or update, I tred the update a few times on Saturday but it would sometimes freeze.
    I know the PB is fine as it will connect to my work PC (Windows XP) & also DM, what the **** is happening?

Thanks for any help,

Col
    02-27-13 04:46 AM
    Usb port underpowered? Try usb port in the back of your pc.

What about installing blackberry link?
    02-27-13 04:55 AM
    Hi,
    I'ts a Dell Laptop, I never had this issue with my last PB, What's BB Link?
    Usb port underpowered? Try usb port in the back of your pc.

What about installing blackberry link?
    02-27-13 05:06 AM
    Try a different usb port. If that doesn't work, uninstall the DM and everything associated with it. Reboot your computer and reinstall. This seems to be the most popular fix and it's what I had to do too.

Good luck and post back with your findings.
    02-27-13 06:00 AM
    I had a similar issue, I had to turn off wifi sync for it to officially connect with my laptop.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-27-13 06:08 AM
    I had a similar issue, I had to turn off wifi sync for it to officially connect with my laptop.
    Not sure if this is what KidKamel meant, but turn off WiFi File Sharing too before trying to connect via USB
    jamesharmeling and kidkamel like this.
    02-27-13 06:46 AM
    Not sure if this is what KidKamel meant, but turn off WiFi File Sharing too before trying to connect via USB
    Thats what I meant thank you for the correction.
    02-27-13 07:19 AM
    Hi,
    I've got wifi turned off but made no difference, I deleted DM & all other BB related items + checked to see if there was still any mention in Program Files, the only thing I can't remember is if I re-started the PC before DM install., no matter what I'll go through all mentioned AGAIN, can't beleive this simple action can be so bloody awkward & time consuming
    02-27-13 08:13 AM
    Hi,
    I've got wifi turned off but made no difference, I deleted DM & all other BB related items + checked to see if there was still any mention in Program Files, the only thing I can't remember is if I re-started the PC before DM install., no matter what I'll go through all mentioned AGAIN, can't beleive this simple action can be so bloody awkward & time consuming
    Not just the wifi but the wifi sharing under Storage & Sharing. Also make sure File Sharing is turned on.
    02-27-13 08:34 AM
    Try BB Link, works great for me.
    02-27-13 08:45 AM
    soz that's what I meant, what & where do I get BB link, I thought that was only for BB10?
    02-27-13 08:49 AM
    BlackBerry Link is the replacement for BlackBerry desktop manager for use with bb10 phones and also for playbook. I could never backup my playbook using dtm but backup works in link. But beware other people have reported problems with link too so it may or may not solve your problems. Also if you still have an older BlackBerry os5,os6,os7, those phones are not supported in link so you still need dtm for those, and link plus dtm on my system gave some conflict as both tried to connect to devices at same time so I deleted dtm.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 08:56 AM
    Well just as I thought.....still nothing
    Deleted DM & all other BB related & installed BB Link plugged in PB & f*** all, pressed restore on Link & F*** all, slowly giving up
    02-27-13 02:13 PM
    Well just as I thought.....still nothing
    Deleted DM & all other BB related & installed BB Link plugged in PB & f*** all, pressed restore on Link & F*** all, slowly giving up
    any luck? Try call Blackberry Support
    03-01-13 09:48 AM
    A thought: Make sure you are using a data supported USB cable and not just a charging cable. I made that mistake once.
    03-01-13 09:54 AM
    my dm cannot connect to pb but it connects to my BB Bold. tried several solutions. Can't bakup pb. Any ideas out there?
    03-01-13 04:35 PM