I'm just about on the point of throwing out my Playbook, sadly. It was working ok until a couple of months ago, but now once booted up, the screen moves around as if there's somebody touching it - apps open, the keyboard appears, etc. There is no controlling it, either by actually touching it or via bridge.

I've tried:

letting it carry on for a couple of hours to see if it settles
    rebooting
    factory reset
    removing the screen protector

Does anyone else have any suggestions before I finally, regretfully give up? It seems such a shame as it was a great little unit for a while, plus I'm one of the suckers that paid full price!
    08-21-14 05:28 PM
    I had numerous touch screens do this...Used Zagg screen cleaner...seems the grease from my face and fingers was shorting out the touchscreen!!!
    I'm just about on the point of throwing out my Playbook, sadly. It was working ok until a couple of months ago, but now once booted up, the screen moves around as if there's somebody touching it - apps open, the keyboard appears, etc. There is no controlling it, either by actually touching it or via bridge.

I've tried:

letting it carry on for a couple of hours to see if it settles
    rebooting
    factory reset

Does anyone else have any suggestions before I finally, regretfully give up? It seems such a shame as it was a great little unit for a while, plus I'm one of the suckers that paid full price!
    08-21-14 06:34 PM
    etting it carry on for a couple of hours to see if it settles
    rebooting
    factory reset

Does anyone else have any sugge
    08-22-14 12:31 PM
    I had numerous touch screens do this...Used Zagg screen cleaner...seems the grease from my face and fingers was shorting out the touchscreen!!!
    Thanks for the suggestion, although the presence of a screen protector has prevented any skin to screen contact since I bought it.

I tried a screen wipe on it anyway, with no success.
    08-22-14 01:47 PM