Hi,

I�m having an issue attaching my PB to Desktop manager on my Windows Vista PC.

I have searched the threads but with no solution found.

It has worked around a week ago and I haven�t changed the software versions since it worked.
    DM tells me that there is a problem connecting to the PB. The PB knows it�s connected to a PC.
    The trouble-shooter tells me to check that the PB is charged; it is over 90%; check the USB cable; it�s fine and works with the Torch.
    If I check device properties that returns the info fine.
    I�m on the latest versions of software for both PB 1.0.6.2390 & DM 7.2011.

Any ideas guys?
    07-03-11 06:50 AM
    So then are you using the usb cable that came with the torch or the playbook? the cable and device may not be fully compatible.
    07-03-11 11:30 AM
    So then are you using the usb cable that came with the torch or the playbook? the cable and device may not be fully compatible.
    I use the usb cable that came with my Tour and it works just fine with my Playbook. In fact, I use it for a couple of non-Blackberry devices and it works with them as well.
    07-03-11 12:10 PM
    I don't know if this helps, but you can try this:
    1. Restart your PB and your PC
    2. Swipe down from PB, go to Storage & Sharing > USB Connections > Connect to Windows
    3. Connect your PB to PC with USB cable

I did encountered a problem like this once, and since I set it to Windows, it works just fine.
    07-03-11 01:47 PM
    I tried the above togard but no luck.

Hi,

I have an update on the issue; if I right click on Blackberry device manager and check the properties. In the second tab “launch tablet volumes on connect” is checked on.
    But in the first tab looking at the volume info it says “Internal – volume not mounted.”

Could someone please check what their settings are in Blackberry device manager with the PB connected via USB & BB Desktop software loaded, thanks.

Desktop software can see the PB & PIN and checks the battery status & reports that there is 12GB of application memory. But media services are not available.
    07-04-11 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD