Hello,

I tried to connect my PlayBook to my BlackBerry Desktop Manager via Bluetooth today, but DM says that this version does not support connection via Bluetooth to PlayBook. Any idea when this might be fixed, or a way around it? My PlayBook successfully connects to my laptop via Bluetooth. Thanks!
    05-13-11 01:18 AM
    the only thing the bt seems to be any good for right now is kb, mouse, and bridge.

imo, even the dm is pointless at the moment because it just errors when trying to back up.
    05-13-11 02:19 AM
    It would be so much easier for file transfering and backing up with Bluetooth, especially from another room. I hope they get this feature up and running properly soon. I'm glad it's not just me who has this problem.
    05-13-11 02:23 AM
    agreed. i am so used go not using cables with my other devices......cabling is sooooo 20th century! lol
    05-13-11 02:28 AM
    It would be so much easier for file transfering and backing up with Bluetooth, especially from another room. I hope they get this feature up and running properly soon. I'm glad it's not just me who has this problem.
    Why don't you use wifi file sharing? In windows use RUN from the start menu and type \\192.168.0.10 where 192.168.0.10 is your PB's IP address or name that you set in the PB's "Storage & Sharing" preferences
    CurtisMonks likes this.
    05-13-11 05:16 AM
    Hey, it works! Thanks for the awesome tip
    05-13-11 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD