All,

Sorry but I could not find the answer to this question elsewhere on the forums. Maybe I did not dig very deep.

The PlayBook has three slots below. One is for the regular wall charger. The second is for HDMI Out. Please can someone confirm if the third is the one where the PlayBook Desktop Charger fits?

The issue is that the slot where the regular charger fits has been damaged & my charger pin no longer fits.

Also; is OEM the best charger available?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
    06-11-12 03:26 PM
    The three pin one fits the magnetic fast charger, really like mine, I don't think the charging stand would work with the case I have, thats something to consider, the fast charger is great I have the BB keyboard and can use the playbook while charging.
    06-11-12 03:38 PM
    You are correct. RIM is the only manufacturer that makes the rapid charger that fits the magnetic 3 pin port. They make a desktop cradle and a corded model that will work if you use a case.
    acdcrocks likes this.
    06-11-12 03:39 PM
    Thank you for your responses. RIM does not sell the desktop charger or the rapid charger here in India. That's a downer!

I am trying to order from eBay but the only ones available are OEM. From what I understand; the OEM desktop charger will also fit in the 'third' slot (with 3 pins) right?

I might just place the order right away. My PB has been off for over 3 months searching for a solution!
    06-11-12 03:59 PM

I am trying to order from eBay but the only ones available are OEM. From what I understand; the OEM desktop charger will also fit in the 'third' slot (with 3 pins) right?

I might just place the order right away. My PB has been off for over 3 months searching for a solution!

Yes, you are correct, it has the 3 pins.
    Did you try Amazon? They must ship to India.
    I just purchased my Desktop Rapid Charger there.

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rap...bUvbUpU7451543
    Last edited by DC506; 06-11-12 at 04:45 PM.
    06-11-12 04:43 PM
    Thank you for your responses. RIM does not sell the desktop charger or the rapid charger here in India. That's a downer!
    Is this OEM charger that your referring to is this a BlackBerry charger, you need to watch that you get a charger that supplies adequate amp's or you might be disappointed in it's performance or lack off, maybe if you post a link to the one your thinking off someone who's Knowledgeable about them might have a look for you, I'd hate to see you waste money purchasing something that my not fill your needs.
    06-11-12 04:44 PM

Can I suggest you find the exact model details of what you want on the RIM US or Canadian site, and then when you're looking on Amazon or wherever you know exactly the model to purchase.

Also - try some of the Hong Kong sites ..... people I know here in Aus have purchased BB stuff via various HK sites. (We also have some BB sellers here in Aus if you want to use them, let me know - but our $ is higher than USD at the moment I think, so cheaper in US)

PS Yep - ACDC rocks, eh!!!
    acdcrocks likes this.
    06-11-12 05:49 PM
    Amazon has the rapid travel charger listed for about $30. This is the charger that connects to the three pin magnetic slot. I think it is preferable to the dock charger because it allows access to the HDMI and USB ports while you are charging. Blackberry Rapid Travel Charger for Playbook should locate it for you.
    Last edited by jpash549bb; 06-12-12 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Add for Playbook
    06-12-12 12:54 AM
    I can also confirm the three pins are for the rapid travel charger and desktop PB dock.

I had my Playbook dock delivered 30 minutes ago and liking it.

Also OP, why not buy a new usb socket and have it replaced whilst ascertaining rapid chargers from other countries will work in yours.
    06-12-12 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD