Selling my Playbook reminds me of selling a 90's Korean car. Kind of sad considering I am not even getting called back when I am asking nearly $200.00 off retail price of a 16 GB Playbook with Otterbox and Targus leather case. How sad. What a POS. Nobody even wants to buy it.

Looking at ebay brand new ones, unopened, are going for about $100.00 to $200.00 off retail. Just pathetic! Any ideas and how to sell this thing for somewhere close to purchase price like at least $400.00 including the cases and HDMI cable?
    07-07-11 09:26 PM
    You don't seriously expect someone to to pay close to retail for used electronics ...

I would rather have a brand new one in the box with a warranty.

I guess you should have done some more research before you bought, or hang on to it for anther month or two and see how things improve.
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    07-07-11 09:47 PM
    Why post here?
    07-07-11 09:49 PM
    so your saying second hand goods are valued at less than brand new goods? guess i didnt know that
    07-07-11 09:56 PM
    Selling my Playbook reminds me of selling a 90's Korean car. Kind of sad considering I am not even getting called back when I am asking nearly $200.00 off retail price of a 16 GB Playbook with Otterbox and Targus leather case. How sad. What a POS. Nobody even wants to buy it.

Looking at ebay brand new ones, unopened, are going for about $100.00 to $200.00 off retail. Just pathetic! Any ideas and how to sell this thing for somewhere close to purchase price like at least $400.00 including the cases and HDMI cable?
    Are you serious. This is the crackberry forum. Unless you have something good to say why post here.
    Anyways if you are not getting the price you are expecting its not RIM's fault. Its just that people don't see how awesome the playbook is. Maybe you can copy tidbits from the other threads which mentions how this is the best tablet, and gives examples of its awesomness.

Also you should mention how much potential this tablet has how powerful the os is in your listing. Tell them who needs app when the browser has flash. Did I mention how stable and powerful the os is. They run nuclear reactors on QNX. Imagine how much power a nuclear bomb has. That should help sell it.
    ScoobsDM likes this.
    07-07-11 10:04 PM
    You don't seriously expect someone to to pay close to retail for used electronics ...
    Um...he said nearly $200 off. How is that close?
    07-07-11 10:11 PM
    The guy is an ifan. Not enough phart apps in app world for him. I also think he gets a little spooked when he goes to web pages using the PB and there are all kinds of moving images that he's not used to.
    Megacharge likes this.
    07-07-11 10:15 PM
    Um...he said nearly $200 off. How is that close?
    Yes, he said $200 off and complained that he wanted more $$. In other words, he wanted *closer* to retail and wasn't happy with $200 less.

Thanks for taking the time nit pick though.
    07-07-11 10:29 PM
    (just a thought: hmm, I'll guess that'll "work"... if "playbook" will depreciate in terms of price (and not the value), more people will buy it... and more "users" means more "developers" to be interested in investing resources to develop playbook's applications...)
    07-08-11 03:46 AM
    /baited....
    07-08-11 04:09 AM
    To the OP:
    part of an explanation is that you're trying to sell a used entry level device (16g), which limits your buyer profile. Had you originally purchased a 32g or 64g you may find more buyers looking to upgrade from a 16g device regardless of their current make of tablet. This was the prime consideration when I decided on what capacity storage to buy with my PB.
    Personally, and this is with no professional sales experience to back it up, I would not expect to more than 50% of new retail on a 16g condition 1 (mint) used PB via private sale. As said, the higher capacity units would command higher return, as well as factoring in sales venue, warranty, etc.
    Last edited by Beakman; 07-08-11 at 05:36 AM.
    07-08-11 05:32 AM
    Slightly used and like new Ipad 2 are being sold for over list price. Check craigslist.

There was a news leak out yesterday that screen mfgs have shipped 5 million ipad screens in june and will ship the same amount in july. So it isnt a supply side shortage causing ipad 2 demand, it is heavy consumer demand.

This may be affecting the lack of playbook resale value. It doesnt help that RIM gave away thousands of freebies.
    07-08-11 06:19 AM
    to lavrishevo, just post your intent to sell your playbook on the proper website, where you'll have more option to negotiate for more...
    07-08-11 06:37 AM
    Slightly used and like new Ipad 2 are being sold for over list price. Check craigslist.
    All of them I saw were new in box selling for over list price, not used. But more to the point, why on earth would anyone do that when they can just wait and buy it at a store? Makes no sense to me. Almost all of them said "local only - will not ship."
    07-08-11 07:04 AM
    The guy is an ifan. Not enough phart apps in app world for him.
    Take a look and count how many fart apps there are now (appworld.blackberry.com show 18 apps and 4 games)... you'd be surprised... I'm glad I have a choice and can pick out the quality fart apps over the lame boring ones. I like choice. Farts=fun

I also think he gets a little spooked when he goes to web pages using the PB and there are all kinds of moving images that he's not used to.
    I'm glad you like seeing those wonderful "flash" advertisements. I'm sure glad I can turn off flash... Because the full web = advertisements...
    07-08-11 07:17 AM
    The "fart app" slam against apple is straight out of the Jim Balsillie Hymnal. When it gets repeated by crackberry fans it sounds foolishbecause our app world looks like it was designed as a kindergarten toy box.
    07-08-11 07:25 AM
    Take a look and count how many fart apps there are now (appworld.blackberry.com show 18 apps and 4 games)... you'd be surprised... I'm glad I have a choice and can pick out the quality fart apps over the lame boring ones. I like choice. Farts=fun

I'm glad you like seeing those wonderful "flash" advertisements. I'm sure glad I can turn off flash... Because the full web = advertisements...
    Still not enough fart apps for ifans though.

Flash for sports. Beautiful.

I just have to laugh at the OP. He says he bought two cases.
    07-08-11 07:54 AM
    07-08-11 08:01 AM
    The "fart app" slam against apple is straight out of the Jim Balsillie Hymnal. When it gets repeated by crackberry fans it sounds foolishbecause our app world looks like it was designed as a kindergarten toy box.
    HAHA, but I can find toys in my kids toys box...
    07-08-11 08:05 AM
    $219 for perfect 16GB Playbook
    $224 for perfect iPad 16GB
    $284 for perfect iPad 2 16GB

Ouch, original iPad is worth more on Gazelle than the Playbook, but supply and demand makes sense...
    07-08-11 08:09 AM
    $219 for perfect 16GB Playbook
    $224 for perfect iPad 16GB
    $284 for perfect iPad 2 16GB

Ouch, original iPad is worth more on Gazelle than the Playbook, but supply and demand makes sense...
    And the Xoom 32gig is $225
    07-08-11 09:27 AM
    OP yea I know what you mean. When I was contemplating keeping mine or returning it the price I saw PB's going for on craigslist kinda forced my hand. It was either return now and get full refund back or hold it and maybe it would eventually meet you needs but if it doesnt lose more than half your money. Its a shame that it is losing as much value as fast as it is.
    07-08-11 09:51 AM
    I just sold a 16GB iPad 2 wifi for about what I paid for it. My wife wanted the data version instead, so to CL I went. It sold in a couple of days using text message for contact. Easy. The OP is right to think that a well-made, desirable bit of CE should get a better return. It just gives you a little idea of what consumers want.

As an aside, I sell my iPhone every year for more than the $200 the new one costs. I haven't paid for an iPhone since the first one. Don't beat up the OP. His expectations were correct, if not the product he was trying to sell.
    jnko likes this.
    07-08-11 10:26 AM
    Sorry for the delay in posting, had a sick son last night. The purpose of my post was to express my discontent with the results from Craigslist posting and another local classifieds and only receiving scam interest to mail it to Nigeria....

This was topped off by the prices I was seeing on ebay. My intent was not to try to sell it in this sub-forum but to express my feelings. God forbid I say something negative and have the whole community come after me. I will post on the other section and try to sell it here.

Edit: Well, now I can't even start a thread in the marketplace unless I have 100 post. Great...
    Last edited by lavrishevo; 07-08-11 at 10:52 AM.
    07-08-11 10:45 AM
    Are you serious. This is the crackberry forum. Unless you have something good to say why post here.
    its called an opinion. and that means alot of times it will be different from yours or the consensus opinion. theres nothing wrong with that.
    07-08-11 10:53 AM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD