I have loved all of my eight playbooks forever since I got them. My firstest playbook called George who I have had since he was born on day 1 has not been well for a few weeks now and I have devoted many hours of loving care in an attempt to make him well again.

Last night at approx exactly 20.42.57 (dependant on your timezone cause I'm here courtesy of senator kat) he sadly passed away. At a rough guess I would estimate that George has clocked up over 1M air miles with me an has never been away from my side. He will be sadly missed an i just hopes that Edward will be up to the job when he takes his place. George will be buried in the place he loved the most Flodira and the funeral will take place as soon as I get back home which at present is top secret but will be 23.57.45 next Monday but don't tell anyone.

However Georges untimely demise has made me think of the sad fact that Edward, Emily, Stephen, Daniel, Connor and Susan will eventually suffer the same fate.

It is therefore with great regret that I turn to the honorable members of this playbook forum to suggest a possible replacement/replacements for my family. (I'm going to regret that last sentance). Never before having thought about this demise I am totally at a loss for ideas (usual).

Thank you in advance for your help and advice?
    06-13-14 08:39 AM
    Sorry for your loss.

My Ralphy has been put in a near frozen stage and waits for its last years of existence to pass.

I'll wait for a PlayBook 2.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 08:41 AM
    Sorry for your loss.

My Ralphy has been put in a near frozen stage and waits for its last years of existence to pass.

I'll wait for a PlayBook 2.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    06-13-14 08:43 AM
    Get a win 8.1 tab. Not RT. You can install link and access files etc.
    Gooseberry Falls and Cynycl like this.
    06-13-14 08:54 AM
    I have loved all of my eight playbooks forever since I got them. My firstest playbook called George who I have had since he was born on day 1 has not been well for a few weeks now and I have devoted many hours of loving care in an attempt to make him well again.

Last night at approx exactly 20.42.57 (dependant on your timezone cause I'm here courtesy of senator kat) he sadly passed away. At a rough guess I would estimate that George has clocked up over 1M air miles with me an has never been away from my side. He will be sadly missed an i just hopes that Edward will be up to the job when he takes his place. George will be buried in the place he loved the most Flodira and the funeral will take place as soon as I get back home which at present is top secret but will be 23.57.45 next Monday but don't tell anyone.

However Georges untimely demise has made me think of the sad fact that Edward, Emily, Stephen, Daniel, Connor and Susan will eventually suffer the same fate.

It is therefore with great regret that I turn to the honorable members of this playbook forum to suggest a possible replacement/replacements for my family. (I'm going to regret that last sentance). Never before having thought about this demise I am totally at a loss for ideas (usual).

Thank you in advance for your help and advice?
    Well I gotz two little red headed basterd stepchildren I'm wanting to rid myself of. Perhaps you'd like to adopt one or both
    kbz1960 and Gooseberry Falls like this.
    06-13-14 09:00 AM
    Maybe strip George down, I need a camera for mine.
    Got the 4003 error going on.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    06-13-14 09:06 AM
    Did George sign a body donor form?

I tender my sympathy. I'm sure Geotge served his master well despite his poor beginning.
    06-13-14 09:23 AM
    I think the others were jealous and killed George.
    06-13-14 09:30 AM
    Conspiracy?

06-13-14 09:32 AM
    Conspiracy?

Suicide...OD-ed on that cheap Ukrainian electricity...Wot would you do with S_O_M as your Dad, see eh?
    Cynycl and kbz1960 like this.
    06-13-14 09:41 AM
    Since your avatar portrays F-22 Raptors, time to pay tribute to Georgie by flying the missing man formation.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    kbz1960 and Cynycl like this.
    06-13-14 09:44 AM
    Try to donate his organs...

But anyway, an 8" Windows 8.1 tablet is really a good alternative... and they are cheaper...

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Cynycl like this.
    06-13-14 09:50 AM
    Try to donate his organs...

But anyway, an 8" Windows 8.1 tablet is really a good alternative... and they are cheaper...

Posted via CB10
    S*O*M doesn't need cheap. Us USA citizens are paying him quite well. But I agree that an 8 or 10" windows 8.1Tablet is a nice toy. Might go well with a Nokia. And he could run his flight calculations on it. But flash is still a problem.
    06-13-14 10:16 AM
    I'm just hopin there's gunna be a proper Irish Wake.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-13-14 10:18 AM
    S*O*M doesn't need cheap. Us USA citizens are paying him quite well. But I agree that an 8 or 10" windows 8.1Tablet is a nice toy. Might go well with a Nokia. And he could run his flight calculations on it. But flash is still a problem.
    Flash works fine on a non RT tablet.
    dolco likes this.
    06-13-14 10:38 AM
    I'm just hopin there's gunna be a proper Irish Wake.
    Droids not allowed in the parlour.
    Cynycl likes this.
    06-13-14 10:38 AM
    Droids not allowed in the parlour.
    That's why I was planning to get sloshed at the gravesite
    06-13-14 11:04 AM
    My condolences to George. One death does not render the other 7 useless. I hope they don't see what you wrote here. Lousy dad!! You got enough to carry you through awhile. No replacement needed. Time is on your side. Perhaps long enough to see the birth of a new PlayBook. And George spirit will live through the new generation of tablet or phablet.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 05:13 PM
    I can say with a very high level of confidence that the OP is NOT George Foreman .
    06-14-14 09:50 PM
    Hey SOM! Have a brandy with George and celebrate his life! Its what he would have wanted! Time to bring out your best bottle! He deserves it! Sorry for your loss. Me and 64 and 32 will be thinking of you.

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    06-14-14 09:58 PM
    Since your avatar portrays F-22 Raptors, time to pay tribute to Georgie by flying the missing man formation.

Dear Sir.

Please take my next comments in the correct context.

Your observations of my avatar are quite correct and I do sometimes fly one but my main form of transport is an F18. My pb has actually died and hence the reason for instigating this thread, after all given the other threads on this dying forum then why not?

I have however flown far too many last man formations that although necessary do have a deeply emotional meaning and are carried out as a mark of respect for a fallen pilot. I flew my last one at 13.44hrs EET today and although George was my first pb purchase and I am slightly insane, even I don't think a pb warrants a last man formation?

Damn...........................an i is just getting rid of all my hard earned points as well sea eh?......ah well never mind eh?
    ronfc likes this.
    06-15-14 11:34 AM
    Dear Sir.

Please take my next comments in the correct context.

Your observations of my avatar are quite correct and I do sometimes fly one but my main form of transport is an F18. My pb has actually died and hence the reason for instigating this thread, after all given the other threads on this dying forum then why not?

I have however flown far too many last man formations that although necessary do have a deeply emotional meaning and are carried out as a mark of respect for a fallen pilot. I flew my last one at 13.44hrs EET today and although George was my first pb purchase and I am slightly insane, even I don't think a pb warrants a last man formation?

Damn...........................an i is just getting rid of all my hard earned points as well sea eh?......ah well never mind eh?
    What I said was a joke. It just came because like a fallen comrade, I know your PlayBook is very dear to you. Don't take it too seriously. Nonetheless, if I offended you in any way, I sincerely apologize.

06-15-14 11:39 AM
    "Slightly"? Really you are being modest.
    06-16-14 04:27 AM
    Why is FLASH a problem?

Have it turned off on both my PlayBook and Z10... the only thing I've noticed was fewer adds.... The time to say "my tablet does Flash, does yours" is as old and sad as the PlayBook it's self. If you aren't developing websites that work with none flash devices, then most likely you don't have a website many people visit.

But as Windows 8.1 is Windows 8.1.... Flash works if you want it to. I really like what I have experienced playing with a few Windows devices, but have to say their ecosystem still needs a LOT of work.
    06-16-14 09:46 AM
    Why is FLASH a problem?

Have it turned off on both my PlayBook and Z10... the only thing I've noticed was fewer adds.... The time to say "my tablet does Flash, does yours" is as old and sad as the PlayBook it's self. If you aren't developing websites that work with none flash devices, then most likely you don't have a website many people visit.

But as Windows 8.1 is Windows 8.1.... Flash works if you want it to. I really like what I have experienced playing with a few Windows devices, but have to say their ecosystem still needs a LOT of work.
    Loaded flash on my Toshiba Encore 8 to watch Amazon Prime videos. Don't think flash is available on phones but maybe there is a work around using a browser.
    06-16-14 09:56 AM
30 12