An internal email has just come around where I work, they're offering employees 64GB Playbooks for �90 inc vat I think I may have to have a 2nd one as a back up
    GG10 likes this.
    04-18-13 11:26 AM
    An internal email has just come around where I work, they're offering employees 64GB Playbooks for �90 inc vat I think I may have to have a 2nd one as a back up
    Or buy them all and sell them on ebay?
    04-18-13 11:30 AM
    Nice! I'd buy two!
    What (sort of) company do you work for? It's not Currys/PC-World ditching their remaining stock is it?
    04-18-13 11:39 AM
    Nice! I'd buy two!
    What (sort of) company do you work for? It's not Currys/PC-World ditching their remaining stock is it?
    Why can't he buy three then I can have one. He works for o2 I thought that was obvious!

And ps I've seen the real you pal,
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook deal offered at work-imcatages.jpg  
    slparry likes this.
    04-18-13 01:05 PM
    I'm IT Manager for a business telecoms provider, and no not O2 lol

The reason I had so many Nokias previously was I worked for a Finnish company Hiab Cargotec as Global IT Infrastructure Manager
    04-18-13 03:16 PM
    I'm IT Manager for a business telecoms provider, and no not O2 lol

The reason I had so many Nokias previously was I worked for a Finnish company Hiab Cargotec as Global IT Infrastructure Manager
    See from your sig you were an N8 owner, but now Z10 - that's where I'm likely to be, currently use an N8, but probably going Z10 in the next month or two - what am I going to regret?
    04-18-13 03:19 PM
    See from your sig you were an N8 owner, but now Z10 - that's where I'm likely to be, currently use an N8, but probably going Z10 in the next month or two - what am I going to regret?
    Not too much to be fair... I miss the ability to transmit my music over FM to the car stereo, but picked up a blackberry visor mount bluetooth thingy that has an fm transmitter in so I get that facility back. The existing bt kit in my car isnt music aware.

Oh and the OTG is handy on the N8 for transferring photos from my camera to the phone for transmitting to the web.

Blackberry Maps is poor compared to Nokia Maps, being a download on the fly model. Mireo Don't Panic is a fantastic sat nav for the Z10, all of western europe (2gb) cost only �14 I think and is light years better.)

Apart from that it's been a joy to use the Z10 is very slick, smooth and a whole lot faster than the N8. I loved the N8, I'm intoxicated with the slickness of the Z10 .... sure there's some issues to resolve but updates will sort them I guess

And although BB Bridge has had a ton of features stripped for Z10 it's still a nice feature when used with a Playbook the presenter mode is nice and professional.

The Z10 also has a nice wifi access point hosting feature built in, infrastructure not ad hoc thankfully.
    04-18-13 03:42 PM
    Why can't he buy three then I can have one. He works for o2 I thought that was obvious!

And ps I've seen the real you pal,
    Dammit, where did you get that photo... Erm, I mean, don't be ridiculous, that looks nothing like me!!
    04-18-13 03:53 PM
    Not too much to be fair... I miss the ability to transmit my music over FM to the car stereo, but picked up a blackberry visor mount bluetooth thingy that has an fm transmitter in so I get that facility back. The existing bt kit in my car isnt music aware.

Oh and the OTG is handy on the N8 for transferring photos from my camera to the phone for transmitting to the web.

Blackberry Maps is poor compared to Nokia Maps, being a download on the fly model. Mireo Don't Panic is a fantastic sat nav for the Z10, all of western europe (2gb) cost only �14 I think and is light years better.)

Apart from that it's been a joy to use the Z10 is very slick, smooth and a whole lot faster than the N8. I loved the N8, I'm intoxicated with the slickness of the Z10 .... sure there's some issues to resolve but updates will sort them I guess

And although BB Bridge has had a ton of features stripped for Z10 it's still a nice feature when used with a Playbook the presenter mode is nice and professional.

The Z10 also has a nice wifi access point hosting feature built in, infrastructure not ad hoc thankfully.
    Have to say I get a lot of use out of my N8 - was I say that I've got 2, one runs Anna, one is on the latest Belle release, but I'm a bit of a Belle hater, really - most of the things I find truly appealling on my N8 went backwards from Anna to Belle. So I mainly use my N8 running Anna. The other one running Belle I keep switched on and charged, but in offline mode, and I just keep the maps updated by plugging into PC / Nokia suite. One thing Iike about that generation of Nokia handset is being able to use maps even without a sim in - yes, you don't get the data value-add-ons, but it still functions, and you can preload the safety camera file.

My N8 gets used as in car sat nav, point-and-shoot camera - even now the camera is excellent, DAB radio (I have a DAB headset for each) and I use Nokia Sports Tracker quite a lot. Other than that, one thing I like about Anna and Nokia Situations (before it became a paid for product for Belle) being the profiles thing and how sophisticated you could make it.

One thing that has diminished over time has been any internet usage, really, on my N8 the browser doesn't seem to have aged well, but on the move I can always tether my PlayBook to it over bluetooth (Joikuspot only seems to support ad-hoc on the N8) so I get the benefit of a bigger screen and more competent browser, if I've truly got no WiFi access when out and about.

I had previously thought about getting one of the OS7 BB handsets, as they seem reasonably capable, and my current mobile provider has them as available phones (Virgin Mobile isn't doing the Z10, though...) and they're available for very decent rates. Not sure I can get along with the smaller screen and keyboard, though - had a Nokia E72 for a while and could never really get comfortable with it.

Only downside for me going to a Z10, is having to switch mobile provider, well that and sat nav doesn't sound as good to use - just wondered whether I'd end up pining for my N8. The bridge thing isn't much of an issue for me at the moment, because I'm not currently using a BB handset. I have thought about just going with a 9790 or 9900 with my existing provider, then I wouldn't need to get my N8s unlocked if I still wanted to use them - but then I think I'm too drawn to the Z10 - and really I'm more at home with a bigger touchscreen, rather than half and half (think Virgin will be doing the Q10, though - maybe that will be the compromise).
    slparry likes this.
    04-18-13 04:17 PM
    Nokia has skyjacked this thread. :-(
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-18-13 05:39 PM
    Dammit, where did you get that photo... Erm, I mean, don't be ridiculous, that looks nothing like me!!
    I found it in your sock drawer. Oooppppssss........

ps do you want a free Nokia N8? I have one sat on my desk that not been used for six months along with an N95 and several others. Just tell me where to send them.

pps you could have had a Torch 9860 but I just gave that away to another forum member.
    04-19-13 06:27 AM
    I would purchase the PlayBook, looks like a good deal.
    There you go with the socks again S_O_M.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-19-13 07:01 AM
    I would purchase the PlayBook, looks like a good deal.
    There you go with the socks again S_O_M.
    Listen can we get this sorted out once and for all? I can still recognise you and I know lurking underneath that new avatar badge is the same old little orange intelligent ball with people stuck on you that you've always been.
    04-19-13 07:08 AM
    I changed my avatar in anticipation of the Doctor releasing me today. I will be heading to Bama to visit my son and recover.
    Roll Tide.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-19-13 07:26 AM
    I changed my avatar in anticipation of the Doctor releasing me today. I will be heading to Bama to visit my son and recover.
    Roll Tide.
    Whoooaaaa up there pardner! I'm only a simpleton from the UK who doesn't understand jabberwocky? Please say again in English, preferably in words of not more than one syllable!

Big ps. It would appear that everything went ok in surgery and although a small part of me is strangely having feelings of happiness, I'm sure that will soon pass when you get back in your stride and start abusing me again.

pps I missed your sense of humour (forget I said that)
    04-19-13 08:09 AM
    Jabberwocky talk:
    1. Bama is short for: Alabama
    2. Roll Tide is short for: Go University of Alabama Crimson Tide
    3. Anticipation is a big word for: looking forward to
    4. Son is: male offspring
    Are you sure that you like to see me back.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-19-13 08:33 AM
    ps do you want a free Nokia N8? I have one sat on my desk that not been used for six months along with an N95 and several others. Just tell me where to send them.
    Yea, I'll have em (please) just leave them in my sock drawer, next time you're passing...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-19-13 08:43 AM
    Jabberwocky talk:
    1. Bama is short for: Alabama
    2. Roll Tide is short for: Go University of Alabama Crimson Tide
    3. Anticipation is a big word for: looking forward to
    4. Son is: male offspring
    Are you sure that you like to see me back.
    Very sure! Never been happier!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee here we go again!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook deal offered at work-imhhhhages.jpg  
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-19-13 08:45 AM
    Here is something that you can use on those pesky cats. Haven't found anything for those gooseberries.
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook deal offered at work-img_00000059.jpg  
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-19-13 08:56 AM
    Here is something that you can use on those pesky cats. Haven't found anything for those gooseberries.
    Whilst you've been sunning yourself on holiday in that 72 star all inclusive hotel things have changed slightly. We are both now in serious danger of being chastised by both the CrackBerry police and the wanna be crackberry police for liquidising this thread and could face serious repercussions that might infringe our human rights. I don't care but I thought I'd just warn you because you are a fine upstanding law abiding little orange intelligent ball with people stuck on you. You have been warned!
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook deal offered at work-imaplodges.jpg  
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-19-13 09:05 AM
    Yea, I'll have em (please) just leave them in my sock drawer, next time you're passing...
    How about this little Nokia dude then cat? What about them onions for you?
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook deal offered at work-img_00000012.jpg   PlayBook deal offered at work-img_00000013.jpg  
    04-19-13 12:23 PM
    Wasn't that device on the ark with Noah? That looks like some of the antiques that I have kept.
    04-19-13 12:39 PM
    How about this little Nokia dude then cat? What about them onions for you?
    Last time I saw one of those, I briefly caught sight of some <deity>-awful "reality" TV talent show that Mrs Wongsky had rather cruely imposed on the TV, and some rather odd and slightly creepy guy called Louis Walsh was using one.

I'm putting 2 + 2 together, and getting 17, here...
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-19-13 12:49 PM
    Wasn't that device on the ark with Noah? That looks like some of the antiques that I have kept.
    I see not been discharged from hospital yet and already on my case eh. This was my baby, I'm responsible for its existence (unless you want to sue) so just for today get on a plane and go somewhere. I should have paid that surgeon more money to get it wrong!
    dphjeff likes this.
    04-19-13 12:51 PM
    H3ll that was the top of the line once upon-a-time . I still have some of those phones floating around here somewhere.
    I wondered why my front is my back and my back is my front ( my head is on backwards).
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-19-13 01:14 PM
35 12