2bornot2be,
    Yeah, the stock charger provided with PB rated output at 5V, 750mA. I guess it just not enough for this scenario. Tried the Amazon link that you provide above but i won't sent it to my country. We continue looking or else buy it at CB. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I thought something did not sound right. The charger included with my pb is 5V, 1.8A - more than twice the amperage of the one you listed. The one you mention sounds more like a bb phone charger. That could explain the problems. It might work but I don't know that and if it does it might take a very long time to work.

Here's a link on CB to the standard pb charger:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=oHke4LkD
    07-07-13 10:54 PM
    2bornot2be,
    Yeah, the stock charger provided with PB rated output at 5V, 750mA. I guess it just not enough for this scenario. Tried the Amazon link that you provide above but i won't sent it to my country. We continue looking or else buy it at CB. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    This is a phone charger as F2 said. If it is a Blackberry phone charger it will probably work but very slowly. It raises another problem though and that is plugging it in wrong side up. You should inspect the micro usb port carefully as stated in other threads particularly by Chaddface. Don't believe Blackberry would ever have supplied a phone charger with the Playbook so some third party must have made a substitution. If you got this charger with the PB from an official Blackberry dealer you have a right to demand the correct charger.

The charger you are trying to use could have the wrong wire since the PB charger requires the data wires, the middle pair, to be grounded together for the charger to be recognized. No answer can be provided to you until the question of what charger you are trying to use is resolved. Again the Rapid Travel Charger is highly recommended but the charging dock which also uses the three pins which are often referred to as pogo pins is also OK. Must be Blackberry brand. If you can find a wall charger for a Nexus 7 or HP touchpad they will probably work but don't try Apple gear.

Can't emphasize too much the need for correct plug in to the microusb port since it is easily damaged.
    afzzainizzam likes this.
    07-08-13 12:08 AM
    Ordered the rapid charger from Amazon last night. Wish me luck!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 02:55 AM
    Ordered the rapid charger from Amazon last night. Wish me luck!

Posted via CB10
    Good luck. Did you ever figure out which charger you had? An official pb charger or a phone charger?
    Attached Thumbnails Playbook dead ? red light followed by 5 yellow flashes and won't boot-playbookchargers2.jpg  
    07-09-13 08:26 AM
    F2
    The charger that I have is the one that come with PB and I bought it from a local telco company. So its a bit surprised that the output amp is a bit low.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 03:42 AM
    F2
    The charger that I have is the one that come with PB and I bought it from a local telco company. So its a bit surprised that the output amp is a bit low.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe there are power "standards" that differ? What country are you located in? But your adapter has less than help or thereabout. Hopefully, the rapid charger will work for you.
    07-10-13 08:06 AM
    F2

Posted via CB10
    And they won't replace the charger? You bought the PB in a package including this charger from a local telco company in an unopened package? Does the charger have a brand name on it? Is this the phone version of the PB?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-10-13 01:42 PM
    Maybe there are power "standards" that differ? What country are you located in? But your adapter has less than help or thereabout. Hopefully, the rapid charger will work for you.
    Im from Malaysia. Rapid charger still unable to restart my PB after a few attemp of stack charging.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 01:12 PM
    Good evening iamAfza,

With the rapid charger it is not necessary to stack charge the playbook. Once it is plugged in, you do not need to unplug it for any reason. When you first plug the charger in and place the playbook on the charger, you will see the red charging light and battery icon "in red" appear on the screen (it is a picture of a red battery with a white lightening bolt down the center of the battery). The red charging light should begin to flash as well. This is subsequently followed by the amber/yellow flashing light, and finally by the green flashing light. When all is done, the green light will no longer flash, and will become a steady green light--showing that the playbook is fully charged. As mentioned, for me, it took approximately three hours; but could perhaps take longer.

What occurred when you placed the playbook on the rapid charger stand? Also, did you align the playbook on the charger matching the three metal "magnetic" pins?
    Last edited by 2bornot2be; 07-13-13 at 10:41 PM.
    07-13-13 10:02 PM
    Hi 2bornot2be,

Here what happened whenever i plugged the PB onto the dock charger.
    - from completely OFF ( black screen) plugged it to rapid dock charger.
    - red LED flash 1 time for about 3 sec, followed by an empty battery symbol.
    - empty batt symbol disappeared followed by single green ( or yellow) LED flash
    - i leave the plugged in ON and after 2 min the PB boot by itself
    - the booting process stop halfway and the screen went black with a little backlight
    - the PB stays like that without any LED reaction

I believe i had aligned the 3 pins well. Really dont have any idea what to do now.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 11:36 PM
    Hi iamAfza,

The behavior of your playbook should be as you described. You will first see the red flash followed by the empty battery symbol. What this means is that your playbook has no battery voltage at this time (at 0%) and will not boot or come on. You are also correct, the battery symbol will disappear and is followed by yellow or perhaps green "slowly pulsating" flashes. When the playbook is at 0%, you must leave it plugged in to the rapid charging dock for the three, four (or maybe more) hour duration before it will boot. The fact that the screen has a little "back-light" most likely indicates that it is charging. After three or four hours, press the "on" button and recheck it to see if it is beginning to show signs of technological life.
    Last edited by 2bornot2be; 07-14-13 at 09:22 AM.
    07-14-13 06:09 AM
    I had exactly the same. Tried to charge, but got the red light followed by 5 yellow lights. Everytime I tried to charge with the original PB charger I got the yellow lights and it would not hold a charge no matter how long I left it standing. I found that when you see the 5 yellow lights, that means the PB is not charging. The yellow lights just indicates that the batterycharge is too low to boot. So after reading countless forummessages, and trying even more suggestions, I found that in my case that it was not charging because the charging port on my PB was a bit worn out and not making proper connection. I plugged in the charger and played with the connection. I found that when I put the PB flat on the table with the screen facing up and plug the charger in, then lift up at the plug a little bit, the yellow lights don't come on. And the PB just boots up and I can see a red battery icon with 0% charge and a lovely bolt sign indicating it's charging. So I left it there with something underneath the plug to apply pressure and it's working just fine. Hope it helps some of you, but YMMV.
    FF22 and godsend85 like this.
    07-26-13 07:37 AM
    I had exactly the same. Tried to charge, but got the red light followed by 5 yellow lights. Everytime I tried to charge with the original PB charger I got the yellow lights and it would not hold a charge no matter how long I left it standing. I found that when you see the 5 yellow lights, that means the PB is not charging. The yellow lights just indicates that the batterycharge is too low to boot. So after reading countless forummessages, and trying even more suggestions, I found that in my case that it was not charging because the charging port on my PB was a bit worn out and not making proper connection. I plugged in the charger and played with the connection. I found that when I put the PB flat on the table with the screen facing up and plug the charger in, then lift up at the plug a little bit, the yellow lights don't come on. And the PB just boots up and I can see a red battery icon with 0% charge and a lovely bolt sign indicating it's charging. So I left it there with something underneath the plug to apply pressure and it's working just fine. Hope it helps some of you, but YMMV.
    The usb port is definitely a weak design feature. In your case, it might be advisable to get the Travel rapid charger which eliminates the stress on the usb port. The charger can be found discounted on sites like Amazon and while not as cheap, here at Crackberry.
    07-26-13 07:58 AM
    tnx and god bless
    02-01-14 06:03 PM
    Thanks for the advise.mI had never heard of this before, but willing to give it a try. Nice! Did it for 60 seconds on and off for about 5 cycles and now I got the battery signal and now a slowly flashing green light! Looks great cant wait to see it in about an hour. Patience is the KEY!
    03-04-14 05:24 PM
    Please help me I'm stuck my PB when I charge it with rapid charger first it shows red light and then yellowish and then pure green and when I press the power button all lights are gone please help me!!!!!!
    01-08-16 11:32 PM
    With your PB turn Off and on the charger, after the LED gets to green, leave it to continue charging for several hours before trying to turn On the PB.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 11:03 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD