The problem is exactly this:

>When I plug in the wall charger, after some 2-5 seconds the red led glows and stays on for some 15 seconds.
    >Then the LED turns off and after some 5 seconds the Red battery icon with bolt icon comes in the middle of the screen.
    >After some 20 seconds it goes off and the LED again glows for some 2-3 seconds.
    >Then the screen goes black again and then no other activity.
    >Sometimes after the LED goes off, after some 40 seconds, the playbook logo appears with the boot animation. But after some 4 mins, it goes off.

When I press the power button, the following happens:
    The red battery icon with the bolt comes on for 15 seconds
    > then the led glows for 10 seconds
    >and then after some seconds the Blackberry Playbook Boot Animation screen comes up.
    >But after some 4 mins, it switches off. And after that no activiity is shown.
    >Only the screen is slightly grayish. No LED glowing or anything.

I tried several stack charging methods found in the forums, but they don't seem to work.

I tried connecting to the desktop software and upgrading, but after the upgrade, an error message comes as "The desktop loader is unable to connect to the device. You may need to enter the password on the device" . But as the playbook is still dead, I can't do that.

At one time, I got the oscillating LED, i.e. the LED started slowing glowing and fading cycle. At that time I thought the charging had started and left it like that for 12 hours. But after 12 hours when i tried to switch on, the same thing happened as when i tried to swtich on earlier - the boot screen comes and the goes of.

I tried calling RIM, they first recommened the stact charging and then the software upgrade. Afterwards as both didn't work, they told to take to the nearest service center.

But I have a problem. The serial number on the playbook doesn't match the serial number on the box and the bill. The packet was unopened when I bought it. So I'm doubtful whether i'll get warranty.
    Last edited by Akhil Ashok; 10-06-12 at 09:09 PM.
    10-06-12 08:53 PM
    I hav the same problem.Can u pls tell me if you hav found any solution.
    11-16-12 12:55 AM
    The problem is exactly this:

>When I plug in the wall charger, after some 2-5 seconds the red led glows and stays on for some 15 seconds.
    >Then the LED turns off and after some 5 seconds the Red battery icon with bolt icon comes in the middle of the screen.
    >After some 20 seconds it goes off and the LED again glows for some 2-3 seconds.
    >Then the screen goes black again and then no other activity.
    >Sometimes after the LED goes off, after some 40 seconds, the playbook logo appears with the boot animation. But after some 4 mins, it goes off.

When I press the power button, the following happens:
    The red battery icon with the bolt comes on for 15 seconds
    > then the led glows for 10 seconds
    >and then after some seconds the Blackberry Playbook Boot Animation screen comes up.
    >But after some 4 mins, it switches off. And after that no activiity is shown.
    >Only the screen is slightly grayish. No LED glowing or anything.

I tried several stack charging methods found in the forums, but they don't seem to work.

I tried connecting to the desktop software and upgrading, but after the upgrade, an error message comes as "The desktop loader is unable to connect to the device. You may need to enter the password on the device" . But as the playbook is still dead, I can't do that.

At one time, I got the oscillating LED, i.e. the LED started slowing glowing and fading cycle. At that time I thought the charging had started and left it like that for 12 hours. But after 12 hours when i tried to switch on, the same thing happened as when i tried to swtich on earlier - the boot screen comes and the goes of.

I tried calling RIM, they first recommened the stact charging and then the software upgrade. Afterwards as both didn't work, they told to take to the nearest service center.

But I have a problem. The serial number on the playbook doesn't match the serial number on the box and the bill. The packet was unopened when I bought it. So I'm doubtful whether i'll get warranty.
    The battery is likely below 2.65 volts. That happens if the PlayBook has sat for a while. Plug your charger into the playbook (make sure it's the stock charger and not a computer or other charger as you need to pump in lots of amps - more than 1.7amps - the more the better). The rapid charger is even better as it can go to 5 amps.

LEAVE the charger plugged into your PlayBook. Unplug it from the wall (to save the fragile micro-USB port) every minute for a few seconds and plug back in. You'll see lots of references on the web to plug in for 2 minutes and unplug for 2 minutes. Ignore those. I took the PlayBook apart and put a multimeter on mine when it was doing this. If the battery is below 2.65 volts, the PlayBook charging circuit charges for about 1 minute and then shuts down. NO AMOUNT of continued charging makes any difference. As soon as you unplug it (at the wall) and power it back up, it will take charge again for another 45-60 seconds. Repeat.

Keep doing that for as long as it takes to get the screen to show the charging display. If it is just below 2.65volts, it will take somewhere between 20-45 minutes as the battery only takes a little bit of charge each cycle and you need to get that voltage up over 2.65 volts (at which point it will show the charging display and take a full charge). It may take more... but keep at it. Every time you plug it in for 60 seconds, you are adding a bit more power to the battery.

DO NOT try to power the device on until the device has a full charge. You will just risk getting it into a situation where it can't fully boot before it drags the charge down below 2.65 volts again and you'll have to start all over.

This works... and saves you from having to jump start it like I did the first time I got mine into this situation.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-16-12 03:32 PM