08-03-12 04:03 AM
62 123
tools
    I've never let my PlayBook run totally dead. Tonight I'm trying to but, it has read zero battery left now for 1 1/2 hours and it's still going. I turned it off then on again and now reads 1% battery left. Then a few minutes later I got a pop up warning me it was at 0. Interesting... As I've had my PlayBook a whole year now I though it might be a good idea to let it fully discharge for a change.
    06-25-12 11:35 PM
    I have drained mine until auto shut of quite a few times. It shuts down about 10 minutes after 0%. As long as you charge it shortly after shut down there shouldn't be an issue. Do you have battery guru? I wonder what the voltage reads.
    06-25-12 11:45 PM
    I have drained mine until auto shut of quite a few times. It shuts down about 10 minutes after 0%. As long as you charge it shortly after shut down there shouldn't be an issue. Do you have battery guru? I wonder what the voltage reads.
    Yes I have the guru working for me in the background. Here's what he says:

Any ideas?
    Last edited by axllebeer; 06-26-12 at 12:13 AM.
    Chaddface likes this.
    06-25-12 11:53 PM
    I have 3.66v and 20% remaining.
    06-26-12 01:00 AM
    I would've thought that mine would be much lower than yours then if you still have 20% left with that amount of voltage still and I'm "supposedly" at 0. Think something is afoot here...
    However I'm not that educated in what all these numbers mean...

(By the way, mine went through the whole night at the 0 level. It lasted till around 9 am the next morning before finally shutting down. That was about 8hrs of 0 battery with Battery Guru running )
    Last edited by axllebeer; 06-27-12 at 10:21 PM.
    06-27-12 10:18 PM
    I ve been using the playbook from the time it has been launched and i love it absolutely, so does my 3 yr old son. I have not had any problems before but when i upgraded to the os 2 beta suddenly my camera stopped working, and no matter how many ever security wipes and installs later the camera seems to be fried. It say the camera is being used by another application and is blank. Anyway since i do not use the camera a lot it did not affect me a lot though i love the camera. I have updated to the latest os and still the camera problem still persists.Two days ago my son was using the playbook and he happened to drain the battery that it shut down. I was not around and so my wife did not bother to plug it in as well. The playbook lay there for 2 days and when i tried to charge it later it just wouldnt charge. Finally i had to connect it to my desktop and reinstall the os through desktop manager.

This incident has happened to my friends playbook before and i had to resort to the same method to get it back up... and my friend has got it drained a second time as well and right now the playbook is not even being recognized by the desktop manager. I hoped this would be resolved in the os2 seems it aint. Very dissapointed that it aint cause i am sure somewhere down the line my playbook is going to get fully drained because of my son. The thought of totally bricking my pb makes me sad.... sighhh... frustrated.... sorry guys had to vent this somewhere. i hope rim comes up with something to get this problem fixed.

UPDATE

Well its been some time since i tried to use the dead paperweight playbook of my friend. Recently my playbook started having problems with charging because the usb pin was kinda loose and finally just stopped charging altogether with the usb charger.
    That prompted me to get the rapid charger.Now my playbook charges just fine. Since i had the rapid charger i figured why not give my friends dead playbook a try. The moment i put the rapid charger on the playbook started charging and now is working just right. It seems the usb pin is damaged hence wont charge and wont be recognized in desktop manager.

Though i am trying to figure out how to make my computer recognize my PB if i needed to take a back up. Thankfully PB has wifi file transfer.
    07-11-12 10:50 AM
    About a month ago, my PB completely drained its battery. I tried to charge it using the travel charger, but it won't. This was not the first time that the battery was completely drained. But after plugging the PB to the travel charger, it would always charge and i could switch the PB on right after having been plugged to the charger. But this time, it was different.

I went looking for solutions at crackberry where i found this thread and other threads offering solutions, i.e. stack charging....hard reset, etc etc. I did them all....no results...i left it lying there for a couple of days, and tried the stack charging again, hard resets, etc. I also left it plugged to the charger even longer than 24 hours and tried the stack charging again...no go...

Until this morning. It has not been plugged for several days already when i tried the 3 button reset....after about 20 seconds when i let go of the buttons, the red light came on...so i plugged it in right away....then the green light....it was charging....after about 30 mins, the PB turned on by itself, but with still 0 battery, but the lightning bold on the battery is present so i know it was charging. It was fully charged after about 4 hours using the travel charger.

I could not use the usb charger since the usb port is damaged.

But i'm glad the PB is alive again...until the next drain.

The calendar is not working though....there is only the green circle....
    07-13-12 06:13 PM
    Might be trying to catch up the calendar after being off for about a month. Check the time/date on the unit. Reboot?
    07-13-12 08:22 PM
    Strange thread... OP says he "loves" his tablet but is angry that it totally bricked due to something that shouldn't brick it. Then he praises RIM and says he can't wait for their next product? I sense an odd streak of masochism. And I can understand loving a human or even a pet but how can one "love" a small computing device? Why would you even want to?
    Troll much, Furballz?
    08-01-12 08:32 AM
    Is there any application to auto shutdown the PlayBook according to battery level?
    08-01-12 08:45 AM
    The BB will turn itself off after giving a low battery warning. But it is best not to run it low very often. Charge whenever you want.
    08-01-12 10:06 AM
    Hey F2 my playbook has died and i don't know what to do, can you help me please?
    08-03-12 04:03 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD