Trust me i have tried.... ..... he makes those eyes like the puss in shrek that you are forced to give it to him. Moreover he has an allotted amount of time for playing with the playbook or the iphone. The best part is he prefers the playbook better than the iphone and ipad.. Guess he knows a good thing when he sees it.
    Are you serious?
    03-05-12 03:23 PM
    Thanks everyone.............I will try as u good people have suggested ..............
    03-05-12 06:40 PM
    Are you serious?
    Am i serious about what... that he likes a playbook better than an ipad or that he does those shrek eyes.... well all of em are true... lol...

Update to the situation.... tried debricking it again still no go.... i guess it is paperweight now... will have to try a few more times .... if not i hope my friend has warranty on it....
    03-05-12 11:44 PM
    prior to updating the os i could leave the tablet in standby and on my commute home battery was around 70-80%. i updated last night and the same typical usage today was down to 22% battery. and the tablet felt quite warm. anyone else experience this?
    03-06-12 01:23 AM
    Thanks superfly i have tried

Blackberry Bold 9790 Chargers and adaptors
    jpash549 likes this.
    03-06-12 01:41 AM
    I've drained my PB completely a few times. Each time I just plug it in to the original charger, leave it for half an hour or so then turn it on...
    This Works like a charm
    03-06-12 01:49 AM
    Hi,

Well, I have been reading through the posts and threads all this while and I would say it has given me great information on my PB and Torch. Thanx guys.

Now let me tell you that I have recently face a very similar problem. My PB drained a couple of days back and I kept into recharge for around 8 hours with my Torch charger. I have somehow lost the original PB charger. But, the PB didnot start. Since, than I have been trying to charge it again and again, but, unfortunately it is not getting charged. Sometimes it shows light and sometimes it does not. I also tried all that is being suggested in this thread. i.e. 3 Button turn off, Plug in - Plug out and also tried to connect it to my PC, where it is not being detected. I have the latest version of OS 2.0.

Guys please help me out.

Thanx
    04-28-12 06:40 AM
    I think you may need the original charger get it going again. The torch charger (putting out 40% of the PB charger) may be too weak and the PC certainly won't do it.
    04-28-12 06:58 AM
    Thanx Chadd. But unfortunately the place I live in, I can hardly find a PB original charger. It has to be ordered to be delivered in 10 days. Do you think putting into a Torch charger for about 10 hours or so might solve the problem. Or any other solutions to this.
    04-28-12 07:02 AM
    You need to get the battery charged enough for the OS to boot and allow charging to continue. That is what the plug unplug routine you have seen mentioned does. It may work after repeated attempts but your in uncharted waters.
    Have a look around here for aftermarket chargers that people use. The PB charger output is 1.8 a 5 v. You may find a charger that outputs 2A and that should work. If it works on your torch then it should work on your PB as well.
    When it's working properly, after you plug in you will see a red light and within 10 seconds a green light pulsing. If you manage to get the green light then leave it plugged in until solid green.
    04-28-12 07:21 AM
    Hi Chad,

I having same prob with akalantry but I do have my orig charger. I charge the PB but there's no red light. or green light.. What should I do?

You need to get the battery charged enough for the OS to boot and allow charging to continue. That is what the plug unplug routine you have seen mentioned does. It may work after repeated attempts but your in uncharted waters.
    Have a look around here for aftermarket chargers that people use. The PB charger output is 1.8 a 5 v. You may find a charger that outputs 2A and that should work. If it works on your torch then it should work on your PB as well.
    When it's working properly, after you plug in you will see a red light and within 10 seconds a green light pulsing. If you manage to get the green light then leave it plugged in until solid green.
    05-27-12 03:55 PM
    "stack" charging, 6 cycles of charge no charge, for 2 minutes each, charging for never more than 2 minutes.

Plug the PB in with the factory charging cable (red light comes on for a several seconds, then goes off). Wait about 10 more seconds. Unplug PB for about 30 seconds.

Repeat n times.

n == 6 for me. Finally my PB light switched to green, then began to oscillate, signalling charging. After a few more minutes my PB came back to life.

You might want to UNplug/Replug at the wall/socket end to avoid using or damaging the weaker usb port on the pb itself.

Just talked to tech support, because i'm impatient sometimes. Here is the initial process they gave me to try.

Plug in the charger for 2 mins, unplug for 10 sec -> Repeat 6 to 8 times

Then while unplugged perform the Hard reset (POWER, VOL + and - at the same time) . **When the red light comes on PLUG IN THE CHARGER**

The playbook is supposed to then start charging/boot.
    05-27-12 05:41 PM
    I have PlayBook since June 2011 it was ok I dint have any problems until other day playbook just turned off but the battery was on 71%, I tray several time to turn it on whit unplugged and plugged charger
    I got long Red led follow by 5 short (green/yellow) led lights and than stop.
    If I plug it the sing of charging appear on the screen, i left it 24 hours and nothing.
    I sow somewhere that to recover dead PlayBook you reset it and plug it in when the red light show (after 10 tray I manage to turn it on) once on it is showing my battery 0%, i restart it again and couldn’t turn it on I tray again plug and unplug it and it turn on whit 85% battery.
    I notice that the playbook do not charge /spend any battery, I made security wipe and reinstalled SO and the problem persist if I restart turn off playbook it will not turn on again (without plugging and unplugging)
    I reinstall playbook OS trough DM and the problem persist,
    I still have a guarantee should I send it back for reparation?

Thanks
    Last edited by pedrogari; 05-28-12 at 05:27 AM.
    05-28-12 05:24 AM
    I have PlayBook since June 2011 it was ok I dint have any problems until other day playbook just turned off but the battery was on 71%, I tray several time to turn it on whit unplugged and plugged charger
    If I plug it the sing of charging appear on the screen, i left it 24 hours and nothing.
    I sow somewhere that to recover dead PlayBook you reset it and plug it in when the red light show (after 10 tray I manage to turn it on) once on it is showing my battery 0%, i restart it again and couldn�t turn it on I tray again plug and unplug it and it turn on whit 85% battery.
    I notice that the playbook do not charge /spend any battery, I made security wipe and reinstalled SO and the problem persist if I restart turn off playbook it will not turn on again (without plugging and unplugging)

Thanks
    You might want to call Rim and see if they have additional suggestions but since the one year warranty would expire soon on your pb, you do want to get it fixed very soon.

Here's the contact info I have but your may be in a different country:

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    05-28-12 09:05 AM
    @Pedrogari: am having simular irrigular battery behavior on my PB, also bought last June when it was launched here in Europe; have had one same unit RMA already, they indicated "no problem found" but did change my casing (was cracked in one corner slightly from a fall, corners are not protectd in my leather "case" with flipstand) and also the on/off button now sticks out more..
    After 24 hours, it "malfunctioned" again, i.e. the charge level "stuck" at a certain percentage, and not showing any drai (or charge when plugged in); after a while, it will auto shut off and when powering up the LED flashes long red and five short yellows. It will not take any charge in that condition, but will turn on after a while, but charge level stays at 0% and will not recharge, so shutdown imminent when you unplug.
    Tried all the methods listed in the various posts on these type of issues, including hard reset, debrick and security wipe. Also restoring to clean install (fresh out of RMA with latest OS loaded) only helps for another 24-48 hours usually. Am in contact with RIM helpdesk again, they are very friendly and calling e back, but have less knowledge in these issues then a heavy user can find a CB fora...
    There are two official BB KB articles on battery issues now, but I had to refer them to it.. Also, they are unaware of Peter's Battery Guru App and the log-files, I have most of the irragular bahaviour logged.
    Am getting worried on reading multiple stories from various long term and experienced PB users on these sort of battery draining / not charging issue, and the formal response of RIM; they might not want to admit there is a serious software/hardware issue with the PB, and even RMA's do not appear that serious to me.
    I think I will opt for a replacement unit in this repeating incident, having to restore / hard reset etc. My PB every other day is not why a spent full introduction price for it...

So, be aware, when they offer you an RMA, have them really fix it and declare what was wrong, or give you a brand new unit before the 1 yr warranty run out
    05-28-12 01:40 PM
    Same here. I haven't used PB for 4days. Tried almost everything. This is a terrible stupid issue with this tab.
    05-28-12 01:40 PM
    @Pedrogari: am having simular irrigular battery behavior on my PB, also bought last June when it was launched here in Europe; have had one same unit RMA already, they indicated "no problem found" but did change my casing (was cracked in one corner slightly from a fall, corners are not protectd in my leather "case" with flipstand) and also the on/off button now sticks out more..
    After 24 hours, it "malfunctioned" again, i.e. the charge level "stuck" at a certain percentage, and not showing any drai (or charge when plugged in); after a while, it will auto shut off and when powering up the LED flashes long red and five short yellows. It will not take any charge in that condition, but will turn on after a while, but charge level stays at 0% and will not recharge, so shutdown imminent when you unplug.
    Tried all the methods listed in the various posts on these type of issues, including hard reset, debrick and security wipe. Also restoring to clean install (fresh out of RMA with latest OS loaded) only helps for another 24-48 hours usually. Am in contact with RIM helpdesk again, they are very friendly and calling e back, but have less knowledge in these issues then a heavy user can find a CB fora...
    There are two official BB KB articles on battery issues now, but I had to refer them to it.. Also, they are unaware of Peter's Battery Guru App and the log-files, I have most of the irragular bahaviour logged.
    Am getting worried on reading multiple stories from various long term and experienced PB users on these sort of battery draining / not charging issue, and the formal response of RIM; they might not want to admit there is a serious software/hardware issue with the PB, and even RMA's do not appear that serious to me.
    I think I will opt for a replacement unit in this repeating incident, having to restore / hard reset etc. My PB every other day is not why a spent full introduction price for it...

So, be aware, when they offer you an RMA, have them really fix it and declare what was wrong, or give you a brand new unit before the 1 yr warranty run out
    Well after few week I tried almost everything having same problem as you that start aporx. 48 hours after wipe/ installing OS, PB just turned off but every time I was able to turn it on after several intents. I did mentioned all this thing in my conversation whit RIM help-desk and write a note for teh technical service. My playbook also suffering screen problem in form of black screen whit lines on it, but it was not a big issue for me.
    Hope I will get new or fixed PB
    06-13-12 01:01 PM
    - Cameras weren't working, even the front one wouldn't work after a reboot or a wipe.
    - Tried another security wipe and the newest OS finally...

One day later...

Fell asleep with playbook. Woke up to 0% and couldn't plug it in fast enough. DEAD.

Tried all the methods found online.
    - Stack charge with usb and wall charger
    - three button, one button, holds for different lengths and numbers
    - computer won't recognize anything plugged in at all with dm open/closed
    - charged for 36 hours
    - all I ever get is after not plugging it in for a bit is 20 second of red light, maybe 4 times now

Guess I'm calling to have it serviced tomorrow?

EDIT: RESULTS in POST #46 - Repair/Replace after series of listed tests
    Last edited by jrarrmy; 06-19-12 at 04:49 PM.
    06-19-12 12:20 AM
    Lithium batteries need special care. Their fully charged voltage is 4.2V per cell, which drops with use quickly to 3.6V. When the voltage drops to 3V, a protective circuitry kicks in to turn the unit off. If the voltage is allowed to drop much below 3V, which might happen with prolonged storage of a drained battery or a faulty protection circuit, the battery will get damaged beyond repair.
    So whenever your PB or any other lithium battery powered gadget runs out of power, don't wait for weeks to recharge it and you should be fine.

I had this unfortunate experience with a laptop which was running on standby till the battery was drained and after maybe 2 month storage when I tried to use it again, the battery was unrecoverable dead.
    06-19-12 02:16 AM
    - Cameras weren't working, even the front one wouldn't work after a reboot or a wipe.
    - Tried another security wipe and the newest OS finally...

One day later...

Fell asleep with playbook. Woke up to 0% and couldn't plug it in fast enough. DEAD.

Tried all the methods found online.
    - Stack charge with usb and wall charger
    - three button, one button, holds for different lengths and numbers
    - computer won't recognize anything plugged in at all with dm open/closed
    - charged for 36 hours
    - all I ever get is after not plugging it in for a bit is 20 second of red light, maybe 4 times now

Guess I'm calling to have it serviced tomorrow?
    Try the stack charging method described in this thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...arging-730445/
    06-19-12 07:02 AM
    RESULTS from problem with dead playbook in POST #43

Yes thanks, that was the main stacking method I had tried, but also tried a few others.
    By the end of it all I haven't even been getting the 20 second red light anymore.

Called Blackberry,
    they had me run through a few simple items,
    - multiple cable tests on playbook (inc. make sure the cable is facing the right way)
    - test same cables on different devices (all work fine on curve)
    - see if any sound is made when usb plugs into computer
    - see if any error message quickly pops up on Desktop Manager
    - try wall plug and hold power for 20 seconds
    - tell them there are no light sequences or lights at all
    - Check Windows 7 service pack (had SP2) all good.
    - registered for 90 day support, but received 78 days instead somehow (even though I've had the device 6 months)

Annnd that all finally got me through to the RMA, replacement or repair of device...

They were busy and scheduled a call back an hour later.
    Pretty impressed with service, still shouldn't happen though.
    Last edited by jrarrmy; 06-19-12 at 04:51 PM.
    06-19-12 04:47 PM
    I sow somewhere that to recover dead PlayBook you reset it and plug it in when the red light show (after 10 tray I manage to turn it on) once on it is showing my battery 0%, i restart it again and couldn�t turn it on I tray again plug and unplug it and it turn on whit 85% battery.

Thanks
    Well, yesterday after just 5 days (weekend in the middle) i got back my playbook repaired, it looks like a new one but the PIN and s/n are the same as my original one, I didn�t get any info regarding what was the problem but Playbook after 24 hours of use seam totally repaired. For sure my buttons and screen (seam son brighter now) was replaced and hope battery too!!
    It is very professional and extremely fast technical service, I�m impressed.
    good job
    06-20-12 09:08 AM
    Just wondering if like pedrogari anyone has had anything else fixed at the same time?

I will be adding to the list on the shipping order in handwriting that my front camera wasn't working and there are many dead pixels right below it.

Any chances that will all be good when it comes back?
    Maybe I'll ask them if it's possible to add those things to the same work order...
    06-20-12 07:06 PM
    Just started following this thread after starting one the other day about my friend's PB not charging. I was also told about stack charging, which didn't work. All I ever see is a little flash of the light when I plug it in, then no more flashes on subsequent plug-ins.

I'm not very familiar with the PB. On this one the power button sits flush and there doesn't feel like there is any perceptible movement in it, no 'click' or anything. The other three buttons sit higher, have movement and 'click'. Is that normal?
    06-20-12 08:38 PM
    A flush or even slightly recessed power button is not unusual but not great for pressing it. Use a pen tip or narrow pen cap to press it. Even stuff some small whatever into a latex glove at a finger tip and press it that way. Maybe a gardening glove with those rubber dots for grip.
    06-20-12 09:06 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD