Does data begin to fragment on the Playbook if you create and delete many files over time? Realizing that my 16gb Playbook is down to around 4.5-5gb available, I wondered if data fragmentation can become a performance concern over time.
    09-04-11 03:42 PM
    afaik data doesnt fragment on flash memory
    09-04-11 03:48 PM
    Fragmentation certainly occurs but it isn't an issue like it is with physical drives...you don't have mechanical heads having to move about a disk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    togardergrosse likes this.
    09-04-11 04:41 PM
    It is interesting how a newly installed OS seems so snappy then a week or so later its back to what it was.

Physiclogical? Maybe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-11 06:07 PM
    Nope. As soon as you hit the internet, you can start kissing a snappy OS goodbye. All these nefarious websites/webmasters will load up so many tracking cookies on your device (any device) that the OS gets bogged down from reporting to all those ad sites what you're looking at and what you're doing with your device. Not to mention many apps report usage data back to the developers. That eats up processing cycles, too. I SO wish Firefox was available for the PlayBook!
    Nerazzurro likes this.
    09-05-11 09:03 AM
    Nope. As soon as you hit the internet, you can start kissing a snappy OS goodbye. All these nefarious websites/webmasters will load up so many tracking cookies on your device (any device) that the OS gets bogged down from reporting to all those ad sites what you're looking at and what you're doing with your device. Not to mention many apps report usage data back to the developers. That eats up processing cycles, too. I SO wish Firefox was available for the PlayBook!
    I would pay for Firefox and all its plugins.
    tayl0rd likes this.
    09-05-11 12:13 PM
    As would I!!
    09-05-11 12:28 PM
    Physiclogical?

That's a great malapropism, or maybe a spoonerism. Anyway it's a good one.
    09-05-11 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD