I have called PlayBook Support a total of 3 times. Twices at launch and once yesterday. Each time I spend 87% - 90% of the time on hold while the support rep talks to his/her support rep. Is this the same experience everyone else is having? Most recently I called because the camera on my 32gb PB gives me a black screen with no response.
    01-26-12 02:08 AM
    sorry for your experience.

i have had nothing but the best service from rimm tech support.
    01-26-12 02:37 AM
    my playbook arrived with a faulty display. after calling customer support and explaining my problem, they offered me 2 options: one was to send my PB to them and they would send it back within X number of days. the 2nd option which i chose was to put my credit card # down, have them send me a new playbook, and when the new playbook arrives, i send my faulty device back to them within 10 days (or my cc gets charged).

very good service but perhaps it was because i had just received my pb.
    01-26-12 02:56 AM
    Well this happens with majority of the huge brand names. They have a huge number of clients and support lines are under intense pressure. Plus many of the persons behind these support lines are not trained well. My experience with PB has not been that bad. I had to contact their support team just two times and I got the answer on the spot.
    01-26-12 05:40 AM
    Truthfully, the technical support representatives with whom you speak are undervalued by their employer and many of the customers calling for support. Yes, the quality of support varies from person to person as with any organization and any job including your own. Are all mechanics equally adept and knowledge? Nope. Are all doctors equally competent and right 100% of the time? Nope. Just saying...
    01-26-12 06:16 AM
    I have called PlayBook Support a total of 3 times. Twices at launch and once yesterday. Each time I spend 87% - 90% of the time on hold while the support rep talks to his/her support rep. Is this the same experience everyone else is having? Most recently I called because the camera on my 32gb PB gives me a black screen with no response.

Ditto for me. I usually get better and quicker advice from this Forum.
    BryantCarpio likes this.
    01-26-12 07:14 AM
    Twice I've called tech support. First time I got an answer right away, second time was put on hold while the CS "researched" the issue. As someone else said, are all people as well knowledged on a product? You apparently got people that aren't as knowledgeable as others.
    01-26-12 07:18 AM
    I appreciate your feedback. I guess it's just been my luck. They have always been nice just not knowledgeable. Maybe they should be required to register on the crackberry forums.

grnnreg I too will come on here first to try and find an answer.
    01-29-12 02:05 AM
    Sorry you didn't have a good experience with customer support.. I too came on board here to get answers, learn, and watched for a whole year before I posted to these forums...
    But glad you found your way here.... and..

Welcome to the forums!

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Also check out the vids in the Blackberry Playbook 101.

Enjoy!
    rotorwrench and hpjrt like this.
    01-29-12 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD