Every time I try to use any flash file within the browser or an app for a period of 5-6 mins the application crashes.

I have seen a few people experience no problems with flash at all, saying youtube works perfectly, etc. I can normally watch one video and it will crash on the 2nd, this is the same no matter what OS version i am on and has been a consistent problem since ive had my playbook.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks,
    Joe
    02-03-12 06:30 PM
    Could it be your wifi connection? I haven't had any trouble with Youtube ... my granddaughter plays video after video after video for hours at a time. Neither have I had any problems with apps ... so I can't get more specific in helping you.

What OS are you using now?
    02-03-12 06:35 PM
    The browser crashing would not have anything to do with the wifi disconnecting. But it's rare for the browser to crash that much. I have watched flash videos of all sorts including youtube, and many other foreign sites; they all work. I've only crashed the browser when I tried to open a badly coded webpage, or one that just had so many things to load.

How many OSes have you tried..have you ever updated to beta 2.0?
    02-03-12 06:39 PM
    ive tried it at home and at college (80mb connection) and get the same results. I'm currently on the latest beta OS, but i experienced the same problems on pre-beta versions
    02-03-12 06:40 PM
    Ive tried whatever OS the pb was shipped with, the latest 1.0 version and the last 3 beta versions, all the same problems
    02-03-12 06:42 PM
    It may be time to call RIM.
    02-03-12 06:45 PM
    That's what I was thinking, gotta be worth a try
    02-03-12 06:48 PM
    Have you contacted RIM? That sort of browser crashing is really very rare ... at least from what I've seen from posts here and my own experience. There are lots of students using the Playbook without problems like this. I'd be seeking help from RIM support.

HTH
    02-03-12 06:49 PM
    The PB has a one year warranty,and only a 90 day free Tech support.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    UK: 0-800-096-2805
    Twitter: @BlackberryHelp
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
    02-03-12 07:12 PM
    Every time I try to use any flash file within the browser or an app for a period of 5-6 mins the application crashes.

I have seen a few people experience no problems with flash at all, saying youtube works perfectly, etc. I can normally watch one video and it will crash on the 2nd, this is the same no matter what OS version i am on and has been a consistent problem since ive had my playbook.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks,
    Joe
    You may be low on memory, try restarting you PB (or resetting it). That is usually why app's crash.
    Other than that... I don't know.
    02-03-12 07:27 PM

I hope you can help me.

Thanks,
    Joe
    check your memory, I find sometimes if i clear my cookies etc that frees up space, depending what unit you have... I have the 16 g...
    02-03-12 07:32 PM
    See above plus try purging cache and history. My browser also crashes. Sometimes, it's die to more than 4 tabs open. Sometimes, it's hard to tell why.
    02-03-12 07:39 PM
    I must be blessed, it has never happened to me.
    02-03-12 07:58 PM
    Well, I am sorry to hear that anyone is having such a problem with web browsing. I agree with other posters on this thread: Call RIM. Get technical support. You shouldn't be having this kind of trouble.

Ironically, I was just enjoying the stability and smooth action of my web browsing. I had a long and very tiring work week. I came home, did some working out, and now I am lying down, relaxing with my PB. I find my forays around the Internet so much easier on this device. I love it.
    hpjrt likes this.
    02-03-12 08:07 PM
    The only time my browser crashed and closed was when I was trying to harvest my veggies on Farmville's website. I assume that it was too much flash to handle + the 1 gig of memory and it just shut down. After that, I've had no other problems.
    02-03-12 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD