Lets just say I'm fed up with my Playbook. For all you RIM lovers out there, they are a big let down. I only bought the thing (since introduced I might add) so I could use the bridge browser so I had the internet when i travelled and no wifi was available. Its garbage, slow as ****.
    Mr.Softberry and adamkesher like this.
    11-17-11 06:42 PM
    Lets just say I'm fed up with my Playbook. For all you RIM lovers out there, they are a big let down. I only bought the thing (since introduced I might add) so I could use the bridge browser so I had the internet when i travelled an no wifi was available. Its garbage, slow as ****.
    OK so you can still bridge browse the internet when you travel right? What's your let down?
    11-17-11 06:44 PM
    Blame your phone or carrier? Why are you blaming the PB, since your carrier and phone gives you the connection for internet.
    11-17-11 06:46 PM
    OK so you can still bridge browse the internet when you travel right? What's your let down?
    I think the OP was stating that the "bridge browser" is extremely SLOW
    11-17-11 06:48 PM
    *Psstt, you can still use the native browser when bridging"
    11-17-11 06:49 PM
    I think the OP was stating that the "bridge browser" is extremely SLOW
    But a lot faster than no-fi!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    11-17-11 06:53 PM
    I think the OP is bored and wanting to have a little fun at our expense...

Don't take the bait!
    grover5 likes this.
    11-17-11 06:54 PM
    RIM hasn't let me down. Love my PB and 9930.
    11-17-11 06:56 PM
    But a lot faster than no-fi!
    LOL....true.....LOL
    11-17-11 06:57 PM
    Just sell it if you hate it so much. You can always throw it out the window.
    11-17-11 06:58 PM
    11-17-11 07:00 PM
    perhaps op is simply dumb. ive seen it before.
    11-17-11 07:01 PM
    Yep it is slow sometimes and I complain about it but credit to blackjack "faster then no-fi". It use to be better and not far off of using tether over bluetooth. Hopefully the rumored 1.7 update makes that better but who knows.

I am thinking some of my slow down is my tour and carrier but don't know there either.
    11-17-11 07:04 PM
    Yep it is slow sometimes and I complain about it but credit to blackjack "faster then no-fi". It use to be better and not far off of using tether over bluetooth. Hopefully the rumored 1.7 update makes that better but who knows.

I am thinking some of my slow down is my tour and carrier but don't know there either.
    Could be the tour. Mine seems to run a lot faster and smoother with my 9810 than it did with my tour.
    11-17-11 07:16 PM
    The Bridge browser or tethering?
    11-17-11 07:19 PM
    The carrier is more to blame than the Playbook!
    11-17-11 07:19 PM

Could be the tour. Mine seems to run a lot faster and smoother with my 9810 than it did with my tour.
    I've heard this before about the tour....
    11-17-11 08:23 PM
    I'm 100% with you man, like wtf... how hard is it to make native email! I've lost complete trust in RIM... God damit how stupid are those guys?
    11-17-11 08:49 PM
    I'm 100% with you man, like wtf... how hard is it to make native email! I've lost complete trust in RIM... God damit how stupid are those guys?
    It's actually pretty hard - considering BES, backwards compatibility issues, enhanced security and the possibility of owning both a phone and a playbook with different PINs. You know all the things the other guys don't have to worry about? Leave security worries to the user.

The more I hear about lost or stolen playbooks though, I prefer my contact info on my phone in one safer place, without syncing issues.
    11-17-11 08:53 PM
    ignore the troll, nothing to see here...
    npunk42 likes this.
    11-17-11 08:58 PM
    Lets just say I'm fed up with my Playbook. For all you RIM lovers out there, they are a big let down. I only bought the thing (since introduced I might add) so I could use the bridge browser so I had the internet when i travelled and no wifi was available. Its garbage, slow as ****.
    So u dont like the PB because its the slow wifi and bridge, I am sure a lot will share that frustration and thought, but something is different between u and others here at CB,.... a lot of people are fed up with RIM not with the PB,a lot hate RIM not the PB..... majority of us PB owners have a problem with RIM and how they have handled the OS and update with the PB..... but we love the PB as it stands and know come Feb it will be the more awesome....

U should have bought a bigger screen smart phone so u could use it for internet since that was the only reason u got the PB for..... man u were wrong,u never saw PBs potential... it does a lot more than just internet......u should have done some more research that suits ur purpose ..... PB is obviously not for you.... such an excellent device in the hands of a wrong consumer..........
    11-17-11 09:10 PM
    I feel the same way about my wife's iPad 2. Spent 45 minutes trying to get free internet connectivity through my BLACKBERRY's data plan. Wouldn't work. What a piece of crap.

Meanwhile, my PB is cranking through full websites using my existing phone's plan. i call that a niche in the market.
    11-17-11 09:24 PM
    So u dont like the PB because its the slow wifi and bridge, I am sure a lot will share that frustration and thought, but something is different between u and others here at CB,.... a lot of people are fed up with RIM not with the PB,a lot hate RIM not the PB..... majority of us PB owners have a problem with RIM and how they have handled the OS and update with the PB..... but we love the PB as it stands and know come Feb it will be the more awesome....

U should have bought a bigger screen smart phone so u could use it for internet since that was the only reason u got the PB for..... man u were wrong,u never saw PBs potential... it does a lot more than just internet......u should have done some more research that suits ur purpose ..... PB is obviously not for you.... such an excellent device in the hands of a wrong consumer..........
    Nice try Buddy, you want to dis on me because I have a different opinion. I paid my hard earned money, same as everyone else. In fact, I paid full price, before they started giving them away. I paid an extra $146 for a good replacement warranty thru RIM. I'm a customer and they were happy to take my money. I knew what I was buying, I did my research so ask before you run your mouth. I bought it when it first came out, a lot of which was based on expectations and promises, both of which is now being said, it's going to be awesome with 2.0. Give me a break. I didn't want a smart phone for browsing because I need a big keyboard. I've got huge hands, I'm a big dude and a Canadian. I support Canadian companies such as RIM. F&*K, I live near RIM. People want to blame the carrier and its bull, I have a BOLD and a Playbook and I can't do what I need to do properly. I need native email and if I knew browsing over the bridge was this bad, I would have just paid for the 3g iPad. Yeah, all you RIM boys, tell me to buy an iPad, I already did, I can afford both. As for the Playbook hardware, sure its great but that alone isn't satisfying my needs so please drop that sh*t. All you people who don't like what I say, go ahead and whine about my comments, why would I care? Would you rather I didn't give RIM the money they already got from me, keep in mind, that would be several less phones as I've always upgraded and one less playbook. The playbook is where they lost me, good hardware, not ready software and bullsh^t promises. Now start whining but everybody knows I'm right.
    11-17-11 09:43 PM
    First you mentioned that you bought it just for browsing using the bridge app, but now something else? Not sure why yours slow, I'm using 9700 with 3G, I got an acceptable speed for the browsing. And I'm with Fido, try to switch to Fido maybe you'll get what you want for the speed.
    11-17-11 09:47 PM
    Dennie82, at least your post makes sense. I can respect that. Maybe I wasn't clear, I already had the BB Bold so I figured I can use the Playbook for browsing when I travel WITHOUT having to pay for a 3G iPad connection. The Bridge browser is really slow, I mean the blue line across the top moves, stops, moves and just takes forever to load. I've tried wiping it out and reloading everything I could think of, its just slow. The native email I wanted, I was willing to wait, until summer as planned. Who knows, it might just be summer, summer of 2012. When I bought my iPad, I didn't get a 3G version because I didn't need it or need to pay for a separate service because I had my Playbook, my Bridge browser and all my promises.
    11-17-11 09:54 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD