I have finally found some PBs on craigslist and one guy is willing to sell me his for $450 but I just can't justify even that much for something that doesn't do anything more then my macbook does. I am looking toward everyone here who has bought a PB to convince me it is a good purchase.
    04-24-11 04:54 PM
    It's like 1/5 the size of your Macbook so you could realistically bring it anywhere and turn it on with a swipe. But if you need to ask yourself this, I'd say don't get it.
    04-24-11 04:57 PM
    come with full warranty?
    04-24-11 05:07 PM
    I have finally found some PBs on craigslist and one guy is willing to sell me his for $450 but I just can't justify even that much for something that doesn't do anything more then my macbook does. I am looking toward everyone here who has bought a PB to convince me it is a good purchase.
    If you need others to justify why you should get the PB I would say don't get it. The reasons to get it are really just personal preference and what your needs are.
    04-24-11 05:11 PM
    80% of electronics posted on Craigslist are most likely stolen ... so your better off getting a playbook at a store ...
    04-24-11 05:16 PM
    Careful, it could be stolen. Most places would allow you to return it for a full refund instead of having to sell it at a loss.
    04-24-11 05:18 PM
    careful you're either buying stolen or you may get robbed. sounds too fishy when it can still be returned for full refund instead of taking a loss.
    04-24-11 05:23 PM
    no warranty = no sell IMO

and yeah could be stolen
    04-24-11 05:24 PM
    If you need to be convinced - then you might as well send us the money and let us spend it for you. Theres so many threads in here, just read up on reviews and make up your mind for yourself.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    04-24-11 05:27 PM
    Trust me I have read tons of reviews and I really like it but I think I am just going to wait and I guess I won't buy one off craigslist if most of the stuff really is stolen like everyone is saying.
    04-24-11 06:05 PM
    Especially when we are still in the window when someone can return a PB for a full refund! Buy new!
    04-24-11 08:36 PM
    so if ppl on craigslist sell PB's with no receipts, can we assume they're stolen?
    those BNIB (brand new in box) items if you bought one, is there anyway to find out if they're stolen (like a PIN or S/N) that we can check similar to stolen cell phones?
    05-15-11 10:06 PM
    so if ppl on craigslist sell PB's with no receipts, can we assume they're stolen?
    those BNIB (brand new in box) items if you bought one, is there anyway to find out if they're stolen (like a PIN or S/N) that we can check similar to stolen cell phones?
    you cannot assume they stolen. rim gave away a crapload of playbooks at launch events and to app developers for free.

as well, some people have gotten the pb cheaper example through coupon codes for staples that allowed you to use a $50 furniture coupon code and stacked other coupon codes to get it cheaper.
    05-15-11 11:13 PM
    listed in craigslist.
    05-15-11 11:17 PM
    I just can't justify even that much for something that doesn't do anything more then my macbook does.
    Honestly it dosen't sound like a tablet is the right device for you. What more are you expecting to do over a full blown computer? Any tablet device is a trade-off capabilities in exchange for portability.
    Last edited by UnifiedTechs; 05-15-11 at 11:38 PM.
    05-15-11 11:35 PM
    You expect a tablet to do as much or more than a laptop? Not sure if serious...
    05-15-11 11:44 PM
    you cannot assume they stolen. rim gave away a crapload of playbooks at launch events and to app developers for free.

as well, some people have gotten the pb cheaper example through coupon codes for staples that allowed you to use a $50 furniture coupon code and stacked other coupon codes to get it cheaper.
    agreed,

i won one of them, and also can gt the pb units at dealer cost too.
    05-15-11 11:59 PM
    I just can't justify even that much for something that doesn't do anything more then my macbook does.
    You answered your own question.
    05-16-11 12:40 AM
    I think you should get a brand new PB. free of headaches
    05-16-11 01:50 AM
    thats because its not designed too.
    05-16-11 02:35 AM
    Its not our job to convince you of anything here. If you need convincing then most likely you really don't need a playbook. Its more portable than a laptop but can't do anything better than a laptop period.
    05-16-11 07:00 AM
    I love these threads that people start, convince me. If you cannot stand on your own two feet and make this decision on your own you dont need this.
    05-16-11 07:57 AM
    Like many have said, this early in the product cycle I would not buy one off of Craigslist, at least not for the first 90 days.

And if it's tough to justify I would say don't buy it. But the obvious answer is that you can take it anywhere you go. I find myself using my laptop only when I'm at my desk now. A Tablet is definitely a convenience gadget though, so if I were you I would wait until it is financially reasonable.

That being said I love my PB.
    05-16-11 08:03 AM

So if I were to buy one off Craigslist, what things can I do to make sure the unit is not a stolen unit? A lot of sellers say, no receipt, it was a "gift".
    05-16-11 09:02 AM
    i've seen it on craigs for 16gb - $300 and 32gb - $450....mighty tempting cause i miss having the PB...but i'm still waiting for the next batch, hopefully no more dead pixels..it's easy to tolerate the OS being buggy and being updated...but hardware is a big problem...if it's faulty, u cant get it exchanged or refunded. you're then stuck with it...if you can live with this, then get it!
    05-16-11 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD