Help!! After 2 3/4 hrs yesterday on the phone to BlackBerry support I am still no further.

I have had my Playbook for c3 weeks and had no problems initially. I downloaded some music files one evening - all fine - but opened them the following day and some artwork hadn't loaded. Connected the Playbook to my PC to see if i could transfer these and whilst the Playbook itself has the usual 'Connected to computer' display, the PC Desktop Manager says 'software cannot communicate with the connected device'. I get three options ' Retry', 'Update' or 'Cancel'. It's suggested that the battery on the Playbook might be dead, but its got at least 50% charge.

The Playbook works fine as a standalone tablet - I can surf the net, get emails, play games, watch streaming videos. However, I cannot sync with the pc and cannot back up files or sync media.

Help!!!!!
    10-02-12 02:32 PM
    I'm assuming you have ruled out faulty cables and computer USB ports and your PlayBook will charge via it's micro-usb port. If not I would eliminate those possibilities before I did anything else. Other than that the only thing I can think of would be a security wipe and start from scratch. If you can connect to your PC via wifi sharing you can back up files before you do the wipe and AppWorld will allow you to reinstall your free and paid for apps once you re-register with your BBID.
    10-02-12 02:48 PM
    Have your rebooted the playbook?

Press & hold the power/+ and - volume/ buttons all at the same time, this should reboot the playbook.
    randomkidsrule likes this.
    10-02-12 02:48 PM
    Have you tried UNinstalling and REinstalling Desktop Software? Rebooted both sides?

Checked in Device Manager and made sure that the correct usb drivers are still there/operating?
    10-02-12 03:02 PM
    Don't use Desktop Software to sync media. It's easier, faster and more reliable to simply drag and drop media files from your PC to your PB, and vice versa.
    10-02-12 03:17 PM
    Just got my Playbook a few days ago. Been on the phone with customer service for 2 days. Tried restoring PB twice, reinstalled Desktop manager as well. I am running a Mac, but I figured out how to connect while I was on the phone. I turned off the Wi-Fi and my computer was able to detect my PB. Not the most convenient solution, but it works. Give it a try.
    10-03-12 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD