not to sound cheap about it but i am looking for the best cheap method. which is actually why i started with the playbook it was the only tablet for 100 around where i live.
    well.. the funny thing is.. it looks like it would cost you *more* to buy just a 7" LCD display new than it would to buy a cheap Android tablet. The cheapest tablets I can find are $60, but honestly, if all you want is a display, just pick up a larger used flatscreen monitor and hook it up to your PC.
    10-15-12 04:30 PM
    Compremote is basically a wireless mouse pad and/or keyboard. You download the app from App World and from the website, stated in the apps write-up, you download the client for your PC. Once everything is installed and open, your Playbook looks like this:

Attachment 123140

The striped portion on the right, is a slide for volume, scroll, fast forward, etc. The large gray area is the touch pad and the lower section is the left and right mouse buttons. I have a laptop connected to my TV, and I can sit back in a chair and operate it using my Playbook. I have noticed very little if any lag.
    Luko Remote works the same way. I honestly thought about using Remote Desktop app on the Playbook, then sending the video out to a bigger monitor then using Luko at the same time so I can use the Playbook screen as the interface to my PC (touchscreen keyboard/mouse/screen controls). The good thing about Luko is that it lets you set up a list of apps (shortcuts to programs on the PC) so you can just tap and the program will execute on the PC, without having to search for it on the PC's desktop or menus. If I remember correctly, Luko also has the onscreen media player controls.
    DC506 likes this.
    10-15-12 04:35 PM
    Luko Remote works the same way. I honestly thought about using Remote Desktop app on the Playbook, then sending the video out to a bigger monitor then using Luko at the same time so I can use the Playbook screen as the interface to my PC (touchscreen keyboard/mouse/screen controls). The good thing about Luko is that it lets you set up a list of apps (shortcuts to programs on the PC) so you can just tap and the program will execute on the PC, without having to search for it on the PC's desktop or menus. If I remember correctly, Luko also has the onscreen media player controls.
    I just looked up Luko in App World. It looks cool. Thanks for the tip, I might check it out.
    10-15-12 04:49 PM
    ah ok well it looks like a good app but my issue is weather or not those buttons and sliders are assignable in a program within windows? Are they read as hot keys for your laptops keyboard buttons?
    10-15-12 05:34 PM
    i just checked out the luko remote looks decent. I want to get a computer tower for my tv to use this with. Though xbox 360 is coming out with internet soon so maybe i wont even need another computer since my laptop is used mostly for djing (though maybe using a tower for my djing instead and use my laptop for my tv).
    10-15-12 05:56 PM
    I could, though my idea was to make a mixer with a smaller lcd screen built in (or setup on clips that are built into the mixer) I want my playbook to be removable but I want it right in front of me for display while doing live mixing.
    10-15-12 06:03 PM
    Well, if PlayBook can act as a USB Host (i mean with dingleberry i think you could try and do that), for all I know the moment you are able to make it act as a USB host (I don't know why RIM disabled it, but its interesting if they do re-allow it).

If you know how to make PlayBook as a USB host legally without "jailbreaking" / "rooting" it, do tell everyone. Because if PB can be used as a monitor MEANS a friggin' lot. A LOT. Like seriously a lot.
    10-16-12 08:06 AM
    ya sorry man i got no clue Hopefully a moderator sees this and can give your opinion to some of the guys upstairs in the big offices. I would definitely like to see this feature as well if possible. You'd think they would since they've been struggling with how limited there app store was compared to others. I dont know why they would limit the features as well but there must be a reason.
    10-16-12 11:47 AM
    I once saw a demo of a program that they had running that let you use the playbook as the touch control on a pc with it looked to be no lag. It didnt show the descktop on the playbook just a screen for touch control. Looked pretty amazing just cant remember what it was called.. It was a whole video of it at one of the old jams I beleive.
    OSC something in AppWorld, but your music PC has to be configured to understand or convert OSC to MIDI. More info on the dev. website. The keyword is OSC, but you'll find it might get pretty involved for everything to talk and understand each other...
    10-17-12 11:32 AM
    so do i just have to get blackberry bridge for this thing and turn on the bluetooth in it to get all the proper connections going you think?
    You will not be able to use the playbook as a display monitor. You can use apps to effectively take control of you pc, but that's it. There will be lag.
    10-17-12 12:52 PM
    There is a great Android app called "Redfly Screen Slider" that works perfectly I use it as a 2nd computer screen occasionally here in the office and it works with zero lag, simply becomes a 2nd screen through shared wifi. You might contact them and see if they are considering a BB version. I would say you could try and make a .bar but it is a paid app currently. It's all of .99 cents at the mom however so it's a cheap try if you have a way to buy it for Android.
    jpash549 likes this.
    10-17-12 01:05 PM
    Just a thought to add to the mix but a PC does not support multi touch like a Playbook so there would need to be some conversion software between the two if you wanted multiple adusters to work at once.
    10-18-12 02:13 PM
    There is a great Android app called "Redfly Screen Slider" that works perfectly I use it as a 2nd computer screen occasionally here in the office and it works with zero lag, simply becomes a 2nd screen through shared wifi. You might contact them and see if they are considering a BB version. I would say you could try and make a .bar but it is a paid app currently. It's all of .99 cents at the mom however so it's a cheap try if you have a way to buy it for Android.

Tried it a while back.. no joy.. it runs and then crashes on the Playbook
    10-20-12 02:02 AM
    If you install Win XP Tablet PC, or Tablet PC onto Vista / 7, you can get multitouch.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    10-20-12 08:32 AM
    OSC something in AppWorld, but your music PC has to be configured to understand or convert OSC to MIDI. More info on the dev. website. The keyword is OSC, but you'll find it might get pretty involved for everything to talk and understand each other...
    Just for completion, it's OSCream, in AppWorld:

" OSCream turns your BlackBerry PlayBook into a remote controller for your favorite music software.
    OSCream exchanges Open Sound Control messages with your computer over a WIFI network using a TCP connection.
    The first control surface available for OSCream is a Monome 64 emulator. "

Link: � OSCream Smugrik.org
    10-20-12 11:28 AM
    hmmmm I'm gonna have to look into how this works, being a dj/producer myself...this could come REALLY handy... there's only so much I can do with Pacemaker right now, kinda makes me crazy using that appnsometimes, lol.
    10-20-12 11:46 AM
41 12