not everyone has to pay extra, many carriers dont charge. I have never paid either
    Seriously?

No extra data charges for a 3G hot spot? Who is the carrier?

Does it not require an additional SIM card to your phone?
    11-09-11 12:13 PM
    Samsung to Sell Windows 8 Computer From Second Half of Next Year

This could well be the first wave of real business tablets.
    Hey, these things are great for portability. But, frankly, most folks I know have gone for bigger and bigger monitors attached to their computer or even docked laptops. Some even have more than one screen. Folks seem to want more screen real estate and not less outside of the portability aspects.
    11-09-11 12:17 PM
    This is indeed surprising that these book sellers have no problem getting these apps up yet playbook lags - is it RIM or is it netflix/hulu/skype? The blame has been place on the latter, but could RIM be playing a hand in it?

Of course you can. And of course you can pay the extra cost as well.
    No surprise, they run android and the android apps have all ready been done and have been around.
    11-09-11 12:17 PM
    Seriously?

No extra data charges for a 3G hot spot? Who is the carrier?

Does it not require an additional SIM card to your phone?
    Verizon and there are several ways to do this no extra sim on android. Iphone can do it also. Its the same as buying the tether app for BB. $20 and you can tether for free on a BB. This isnt secret knowledge. Many carriers up in Canada dont charge for these features either.
    11-09-11 12:23 PM
    Verizon and there are several ways to do this no extra sim on android. Iphone can do it also. Its the same as buying the tether app for BB. $20 and you can tether for free on a BB. This isnt secret knowledge. Many carriers up in Canada dont charge for these features either.
    Yet another reason to ditch AT&T I guess - I will look into this thanks.
    11-09-11 01:20 PM
    No surprise, they run android and the android apps have all ready been done and have been around.
    Good point I'm not thinking straight today. Time to get off of crackberry for a while.
    11-09-11 01:22 PM
    Good point I'm not thinking straight today. Time to get off of crackberry for a while.
    I knew when I saw you potentially blaming rim that a rest was needed.

Okay, that 10 minute rest is over - come back to us!
    11-09-11 03:07 PM
    just a heads up on another player in the 7" tablet pack. toshiba thrive 7, which should be released this or next month. this one has a 1280x800 screen and microsd card slot on top of all the goodies that the playbook has including an hdmi port.

looks like the previously ignored 7-inch tablet market segment is becoming quite competitive.
    Last edited by adamman; 11-21-11 at 11:16 PM.
    11-21-11 11:14 PM
    thats gonna be some small text with such a high resolution on a 7" screen.
    11-21-11 11:19 PM
    thats gonna be some small text with such a high resolution on a 7" screen.
    agreed, but that's the only downside compared to the benefits of the increased real estate while browsing, working with spreadsheets, watching movies and pictures, etc. 216dpi should look great. not retina but close.

so if you have good vision, higher resolution is actually better
    11-21-11 11:26 PM
    06-05-12 01:06 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD