The PB is EOL and BB has acknowledged they are out of the tablet business, and that they handled the PB from start to finish poorly. Would it be such a big deal for them to "throw open the doors" and unlock the software so that USB would be usable and clean up some of the browser and other issues? It would show good will for them to do it, here go go playbook owners, lets maximize your tablets now that we have no upgrade path. That would be compensation enough for me and would endear Blackberry to past customers and would demonstrate the kind of ethics that might attract new customers. I really don't understand why they haven't done that as opposed to letting ill will rule the day.
    kbz1960 and ViBogdan like this.
    09-18-13 01:37 AM
    So your saying the PlayBook is worth 400 dollars.
    Since the MRSP of the Z10 is 600 so
    So you're saying Z10 is worth 600 dollars?

FF22, Dr_Acula and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    09-18-13 02:11 AM
    I fill that BlackBerry doesn't owe us any type of compensation. When I hear this it make me think that someone wants something for nothing. I don't believe BlackBerry twisted any of our arms until we purchased the PlayBook. The PlayBook is still a useful device and if one decides not to use it because of not receiving BB10 it there loss. I use mine every day all day and will continue to use it until it dies. However it would be nice to know where the PlayBook stands now and the future (not rumor or speculation but directly from BlackBerry). I look at it this way take your purchase price of your PlayBook and divide it by the days you have owned it. I don't care it you payed fill price or received a discounted price, it come out to be a very economical purchase.
    Carl Estes, FF22 and cmdr_dan like this.
    09-18-13 10:55 AM
    They could at least make some minor adjustments in the OS and release BBM native! BBM is coming cross-platform and not on Playbook! This is not right!
    dphjeff and cmdr_dan like this.
    09-18-13 11:51 AM
    All I want for compensation is an updated Bridge client for the Z10 so I can regain the functionality I had on my 9850 prior to switching to the Z.

Posted via CB10 on STL100-4 v10.2.0.1443
    09-18-13 11:56 AM
    I look at it this way take your purchase price of your PlayBook and divide it by the days you have owned it. I don't care it you payed fill price or received a discounted price, it come out to be a very economical purchase.
    that is exactly how I look at any tech purchase i make - I'm glad its not just me!
    dphjeff likes this.
    09-18-13 11:59 AM
    omg forget playbook
    09-18-13 01:31 PM
    they forget their customers very easily
    09-18-13 01:32 PM
    Their ex-customers forget BlackBerry

I call it even
    09-18-13 03:35 PM
    are you guys still talking about this? lol
    09-18-13 04:44 PM
    PlayBook whiners. The new anti-fanboy.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 05:12 PM
    are you guys still talking about this? lol

No worries
    There will be no more whinning
    SOON

BlackBerry to Slash Its Workforce by Up to 40%
    The Layoffs to Cut Across All Departments, Likely Affecting Several Thousand Employees

BlackBerry to Slash Its Workforce by Up to 40% - WSJ.com
    09-18-13 06:33 PM
    Thought they should have had a more detailed report on why the PB couldn't handle BB10 and some evidence that they really tried to make it happen. Not surprising that a lot of people were really hacked off. Maybe they had already fired the PR staff or perhaps Thor doesn't think he needs any advice. Announcing that the PB was not going to get BB 10 as sort of a throw away tidbit at a press conference was crumby. Personally I am still happy with my Playbook and think I got a good deal at $299 USA. Some of the ideas as to how much compensation should be awarded seem quite outlandish.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-18-13 06:50 PM
    The fact is, my wife's ipad 2, which is about the same age as the playbook and has less memory, is still getting updates.
    My anger is that having seen the potential of the playbook and getting used to the interface, that potential is never going to be realized. Every time anyone raised an issue in the last year, like usb otg or browser speed we were told wait until BB10. So yeah I will get my moneys worth out of my playbook, but I probably would be happier with a nexus 7 or ipad, and my experience has taught me that BB are not trustworthy.
    Cynycl and blueberrymerry like this.
    09-18-13 10:40 PM
    playbook had its own following
    09-19-13 03:17 AM
    All I want for compensation is an updated Bridge client for the Z10 so I can regain the functionality I had on my 9850 prior to switching to the Z.

Posted via CB10 on STL100-4 v10.2.0.1443
    That would be a big benifit IF BB did restore the bridge to full functionality. They would sell more phones.

c
    09-19-13 09:13 AM
    Still
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-19-13 09:24 AM
    Still
    Quiet Duck, noone is supposed to know you are still here until the little lepragnome returns.
    dphjeff, Carl Estes and egrohe like this.
    09-19-13 09:28 AM
    Quiet Duck, noone is supposed to know you are still here until the little lepragnome returns.
    Sorry. I will go hide somewhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Playbook Compensation-img_00000414.jpg  
    Cynycl and Carl Estes like this.
    09-19-13 09:36 AM
    Thought they should have had a more detailed report on why the PB couldn't handle BB10 and some evidence that they really tried to make it happen. Not surprising that a lot of people were really hacked off. Maybe they had already fired the PR staff or perhaps Thor doesn't think he needs any advice. Announcing that the PB was not going to get BB 10 as sort of a throw away tidbit at a press conference was crumby. Personally I am still happy with my Playbook and think I got a good deal at $299 USA. Some of the ideas as to how much compensation should be awarded seem quite outlandish.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Totally agree with you on this. If there's a valid argument in my mind against BB regarding BB10 on the PB, it is not in the
    failure to deliver, but rather in the failure to communicate WHY they couldn't deliver. I believe most people who have complained
    about it would have been somewhat more understanding if they knew the full story. Additionally, in lieu of BB10, continued OS updates
    to OS2 would have been nice (as we got one recently) , and full bridge functionality w/BB10 phones would be good. If there's still a way
    to do this, I would love to see it. I still use mine daily for streaming media, and surfing the net...and once my courses start up again this semester, I will be using it again for presentations, using my Q10 as a remote. I still have uses for mine regardless.
    cmdr_dan and Carl Estes like this.
    09-19-13 01:25 PM
    And like the children who followed the rats into the sea to the tune of the Pied Piper............ Well, you get the idea.
    Cynycl and Carl Estes like this.
    09-19-13 09:31 PM
    And like the children who followed the rats into the sea to the tune of the Pied Piper............ Well, you get the idea.
    Except we are watching the Pied Piper walking into the sea by himself. Waiting to see if he realize he's got no one trailing behind. Unless Pied Piper change his tune, no one is going to listen to the same old tune over and over again and he is going to drowned
    dphjeff, msps, FF22 and 3 others like this.
    09-20-13 06:29 AM
    Be fair to the guy.
    Thorsten hasn't received his 25 million compensation yet.
    10-03-13 05:06 AM
    55 mil... get it right, it's 55 million 25 just won't do because that's Elop-level money for actually salvaging a failing Nokia, whereas Heins gets 55 for running the BlackBerry ship straight into an iceberg.
    FF22 and khoanguyen2010 like this.
    10-03-13 06:41 AM
    Where is the compensation for playbook owner that thor has promised when he announced the doom of the playbook?

Posted via CB10
    I saw it! It's in the same pile as BB10 for PlayBook. Right next to the pile of broken promises.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-13 06:48 AM
117 ... 2345