I'm asking the following with the most respect possible. What features are we missing that was said to have?
    I'm only asking because I don't want to attempt to talk about something if I'm not fully informed.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Native email took over a year to come to this thing. There were pictures of Skype and other popular apps in advertising that never happened. I heard USB OTG was coming, never happened, the browser sucks and is slow. I'm sure there is more. Like I said I'm over it but can't forget. Thor himself said bb10 was coming to sell more of their dusty stock.

If anyone wants to ignore or forgive yet more broken promises good for you but don't try tell others that nothing was every said, implied or taken back.
    cmdr_dan likes this.
    09-17-13 09:27 AM
    BB owes playbook owners nothing because they never guaranteed that bb10 or something else was coming and if you bought it based on a promise you read online and are now annoyed, let this be a lesson.
    Hey they don't owe me anything. I owe it to myself to buy a different product that is supported.
    09-17-13 09:27 AM
    Why can't people get over this. what happened happened. And there is nothing we can do about it.
    Your not forced to keep your playbook if you don't like it simply sell it and buy a different tablet and move on .

Canadian Cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    Last edited by MedicEms; 09-17-13 at 11:40 AM.
    nikgilbe and bradu1 like this.
    09-17-13 09:29 AM
    Why can't people get over this. what happened happened. And there is nothing we can do about it.
    Your not forced to keep your playbook if you don't like it sell it and buy a different tablet.

Canada Cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    It's not only the pb the company has a history of over promise and under deliver and the pb just emphasized that 100x
    cmdr_dan likes this.
    09-17-13 09:33 AM
    Quote from Simon Sage's article on CB from 10. July 2013: "We asked the BlackBerry CEO if they're considering any sort of loyalty reward for PlayBook owners to help maintain the BlackBerry love, to which he responded it's something they have been actively discussing and considering."

Is the CrackBerry team obtaining an update from BlackBerry of what the result of that actively discussed and considered matter is?
    They did discuss. It went something like this:

Should we compensate?

No!

OK
    09-17-13 09:40 AM
    Hey they don't owe me anything. I owe it to myself to buy a different product that is supported.
    Well, if they want to contribute to my purchasing one of the new Windows 8.1 tablets, coming soon, I'm all for it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-17-13 09:43 AM
    Are we still on this? Are you serious? I'm pretty sure BlackBerry isn't going to compensate adults who don't make wise buying decisions. If you really nought something for what you think it might be able to do or get, then you are spending your money wrong. It could have gone to better places like to me. I'll take a playbook.

Sent from my XT907 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-17-13 09:50 AM
    I own 2 playbooks. They are used almost every day. They do exactly as I intended to use them for. They will continue to do what I use them for.Therefore they don't me anything. Would I have liked to see more updates and more apps? Sure who wouldn't.

I would like them to release a new tablet at some point cause if they are serious about mobile computing I believe having a tablet is all part of that environment.
    09-17-13 10:05 AM
    Are we still on this? Are you serious? I'm pretty sure BlackBerry isn't going to compensate adults who don't make wise buying decisions. If you really nought something for what you think it might be able to do or get, then you are spending your money wrong. It could have gone to better places like to me. I'll take a playbook.

Sent from my XT907 using CB Forums mobile app
    You just said it all. Bbry thought we made bad buying decisions buy buying their product. So they want us to go buy a competitors product and many have. Most think their money will go to mature and supported product, not anyone else's piggy bank.

Edit: to add Bbry was counting on their loyal user base purchasing the never finished pb by doing just what you said people shouldn't do, by taking their word that it will be improved and better.
    09-17-13 10:08 AM
    They decided it did not meet the quality they had expected...and chose not to release it. Good for them. They had the balls to make the tough choice. All the princesses on this site need to suck it up, and stop the whiny complaints. But...I'm going to be flamed, nevertheless, by those who have no brain at all. No matter....good for BB....they made the right choice.
    Thought you were talking about the considered compensation -- 'did not meet the quality they had expected...and chose not to release it' -- and I had a chuckle.
    09-17-13 10:14 AM
    Well then quit whining and do it.
    09-17-13 10:20 AM
    Your not forced to keep your playbook if you don't like it sell it and buy a different tablet.
    Name another tablet that has any inkling of 'integration' with the BB phones (OS7 or 10.) Some of us bought BB10 devices, believing in the promise of a unified platform. Not forced to keep the phones either, 3-year contract notwithstanding. But boy, were we misled. And that's what people are not "getting over."

If they'd just come out and said at launch there will be no upgrade to BB10 for PlayBook, what would have happened then? Oh, right, PlayBooks would have immediately frozen themselves to store shelves and possibly BB10 itself would have had an even slower start.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-17-13 10:21 AM
    The bottom line.......NO one twisted my arm and forced me to buy BlackBerry products. I'm still trying to figure out why after numerous broken promises about several different things over the last eight years that I'm still using Blackberry. This PlayBook fiasco should have been the last straw, but nooooooo, I kept hoping that the BlackBerry company would change with new mgnt, however it appears its the same old BlackBerry thats been stringing me along for years. I guess the reason I continue along this uncertain path is because I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY DEVICES and somewhere deep down inside I'm hoping the 8330 days will return and bring me happiness once again
    kbz1960 and bambinoitaliano like this.
    09-17-13 10:24 AM
    The bottom line.......NO one twisted my arm and forced me to buy BlackBerry products. I'm still trying to figure out why after numerous broken promises about several different things over the last eight years that I'm still using Blackberry. This PlayBook fiasco should have been the last straw, but nooooooo, I kept hoping that the BlackBerry company would change with new mgnt, however it appears its the same old BlackBerry thats been stringing me along for years. I guess the reason I continue along this uncertain path is because I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY DEVICES and somewhere deep down inside I'm hoping the 8330 days will return and bring me happiness once again
    I keep hoping they break this company up into pieces and let someone who knows how to write an OS for playbook take it over. Waiting for this company to do more than give up is pointless.
    09-17-13 10:27 AM
    Well then quit whining and do it.
    I'm not whining I'm putting another perspective on this other than full fanboy perspective. I will do it when I'm good and ready. Just because Bbry can't get their act together doesn't mean I'm going to buy at full retail price any other products. I continue to use my brry stuff for now and at least until my contract is up for an upgrade on my phone.

Until then I have every right to say what I think as you and everyone else does.
    Carl Estes and cmdr_dan like this.
    09-17-13 10:34 AM
    I couldn't imagine taking my car back to Lincoln and telling them to trade my current model of the 2014 model because it has a new version of Sync that my car won't receive....
    You are obviously not an imaginative person...

;-)

Posted via Z10
    Spencerdl and kbz1960 like this.
    09-17-13 10:46 AM
    No I think we all expected and we're told it would run bbry's newest operating system which it does not. It does however run a beta OS that is still missing function and features it was said to have. I'm over it but it doesn't erase the idiocy of the company and its management or the broken word in for the company itself.
    Whoa whoa wait a minute....
    You have 43,493 Posts! holy crap.
    Nicely done.

Good luck on your 50K challenge.

K back to the thread at hand
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-17-13 10:59 AM
    You are obviously not an imaginative person...

;-)

Fair enough :-) I guess my wording was poor there.
    HMM, you wouldn't catch me trying to bring my car back for something such as that. Let's go with that one.

Have a good one!

Posted via Z10
    09-17-13 11:01 AM
    I couldn't imagine taking my car back to Lincoln and telling them to trade my current model of the 2014 model because it has a new version of Sync that my car won't receive....
    The difference being, Lincoln has released a model every year since your current model. So at least you have had the choice of upgrading, without sacrificing everything you've grown to love about Lincolns.
    bbmtna likes this.
    09-17-13 11:08 AM
    The difference being, Lincoln has released a model every year since your current model. So at least you have had the choice of upgrading, without sacrificing everything you've grown to love about Lincolns.
    Valid point, nicely thought.
    I really don't have anything to refute that with.
    I guess I used the wrong comparison.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 11:13 AM
    Whoa whoa wait a minute....
    You have 43,493 Posts! holy crap.
    Nicely done.

Good luck on your 50K challenge.

K back to the thread at hand
    Thanks but post count means nothing, or as my title says "doesn't matter". There is no quest, just a lot of rehab and things to say over the years. Too bad I'm not paid for that
    09-17-13 11:39 AM
    It's not only the pb the company has a history of over promise and under deliver and the pb just emphasized that 100x
    So then what made the PlayBook so special if BlackBerry has done this so many times . Many companies have made promises and not gone through with then. But complaining about a two and a half year product won't solve anything.

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    09-17-13 11:44 AM
    Well, may be this is the best answer.. we know that playbook is done.. I'm done with that thing.. but I was thinking that bbry doesn't need to give anymore promise that they not sure about .. if they're not sure about giving compensation then it's okay.. don't mention it in the interview.. just say "we're done with playbook.. we're sorry.. " that's better...

Posted via CB10
    Hey they NEVER promissed it! They where CONSIDERING.... huuuuuge difference
    Last edited by RubenDM; 09-17-13 at 11:48 AM. Reason: typo
    09-17-13 11:47 AM
    Yup, lets beat a dead horse. Why not spend more money on something that already been a huge loss...

I think it's important to note that before Thor promise the BB10 upgrade to playbook, the playbook suppose to receive a major OS update. It's Thor who said instead of that we'll wait for the BB10 upgrade. So BB10 failed on playbook, where's the OS update? 2.2? 2.3 or 3.0? No, not the recent minor update, a major update. That should be the natural progression of a tablet because by any standard playbook is still in development even after the first and second price cut. They could have announce the EOL back then. At least it will justify the price reductions. I do believe Thor than that he has every intention of bringing BB10 to the playbook hence the continuing development of playbook. The failure of bringing BB10 to playbook should not be the reason to put the tablet on EOL.
    09-17-13 11:55 AM
    So then what made the PlayBook so special if BlackBerry has done this so many times . Many companies have made promises and not gone through with then. But complaining about a two and a half year product won't solve anything.

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    No it won't and making your fans mad doesn't solve anything either when you're having trouble staying afloat. All that solves is more lost customers.

I said they owe me nothing as I owe them nothing. I will speak with my money when the time comes. It may still go to Bbry but at this time I'm going to have to say no. My luck by the time my upgrade comes I might know if they are a dead company or if they have indeed started to do things differently. I don't have a lot of hope for the latter which is shame because I do like the new OS but it takes more than that.
    SteveBB10 and cmdr_dan like this.
    09-17-13 12:05 PM
117 1234 ...