Where is the compensation for playbook owner that thor has promised when he announced the doom of the playbook?

Posted via CB10
    milo53 and anon(5828343) like this.
    09-17-13 01:29 AM
    and what compensation are we talking about?........
    muddy211 likes this.
    09-17-13 02:26 AM
    and what compensation are we talking about?........
    http://m.crackberry.com/BlackBerry-C...-I-had-to-make

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 02:34 AM
    And what exactly was "promised" in the link you posted?
    milo53 likes this.
    09-17-13 02:47 AM
    Where is the compensation for playbook owner that thor has promised when he announced the doom of the playbook?

Posted via CB10
    They actively discussed it, then considered it, then decided not to do anything...
    milo53 and EchoesFX like this.
    09-17-13 03:12 AM
    They decided it did not meet the quality they had expected...and chose not to release it. Good for them. They had the balls to make the tough choice. All the princesses on this site need to suck it up, and stop the whiny complaints. But...I'm going to be flamed, nevertheless, by those who have no brain at all. No matter....good for BB....they made the right choice.
    09-17-13 03:26 AM
    They actively discussed it, then considered it, then decided not to do anything...
    Well, may be this is the best answer.. we know that playbook is done.. I'm done with that thing.. but I was thinking that bbry doesn't need to give anymore promise that they not sure about .. if they're not sure about giving compensation then it's okay.. don't mention it in the interview.. just say "we're done with playbook.. we're sorry.. " that's better...

Posted via CB10
    Enyigma likes this.
    09-17-13 03:55 AM
    Compensation for spending $1,100 on a 64GB Playbook that isn't good enough to upgrade to BB10? Send back to BlackBerry for a top deal on a Z30.

Enable forums
    milo53 likes this.
    09-17-13 04:03 AM
    Compensation for spending $1,100 on a 64GB Playbook that isn't good enough to upgrade to BB10? Send back to BlackBerry for a top deal on a Z30.

Enable forums
    That would be great... btw, 1100 is quite a lot.. I bet u bought a lot of apps, didn't u?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 04:09 AM
    as a few others have said, Thor never promised anything, he said they were considering/considered if iirc. Which means don't hold your breath...
    09-17-13 04:18 AM
    its a tech world. tech will either take off or not at all.
    09-17-13 04:39 AM
    Quote from Simon Sage's article on CB from 10. July 2013: "We asked the BlackBerry CEO if they're considering any sort of loyalty reward for PlayBook owners to help maintain the BlackBerry love, to which he responded it's something they have been actively discussing and considering."

Is the CrackBerry team obtaining an update from BlackBerry of what the result of that actively discussed and considered matter is?
    09-17-13 06:33 AM
    Quote from Simon Sage's article on CB from 10. July 2013: "We asked the BlackBerry CEO if they're considering any sort of loyalty reward for PlayBook owners to help maintain the BlackBerry love, to which he responded it's something they have been actively discussing and considering."

Is the CrackBerry team obtaining an update from BlackBerry of what the result of that actively discussed and considered matter is?
    It's two months later, it would not be consider actively even if they are still in discussion and considering. At this rate I'll want BBM on playbook at least.
    jkomo001 likes this.
    09-17-13 07:34 AM
    They decided it did not meet the quality they had expected...and chose not to release it. Good for them. They had the balls to make the tough choice. All the princesses on this site need to suck it up, and stop the whiny complaints. But...I'm going to be flamed, nevertheless, by those who have no brain at all. No matter....good for BB....they made the right choice.
    Sure. Excuse maker. So now I have no brain, good for me.
    lnichols likes this.
    09-17-13 07:47 AM

Enable forums
    Let me see if i'm getting this. When you initially made your purchase, were you aware of BB10? Did you plan your entire purchase around the expectation of getting a completely new OS for the unit?

I know i bought mine back in October of 2011, without a single clue of what was going to happen next. All i know is that i bought the Playbook for what the Playbook could do at that time. No way would i think of getting something for literally nothing a few years down the road.

I couldn't imagine taking my car back to Lincoln and telling them to trade my current model of the 2014 model because it has a new version of Sync that my car won't receive....
    09-17-13 07:49 AM
    Let me see if i'm getting this. When you initially made your purchase, were you aware of BB10? Did you plan your entire purchase around the expectation of getting a completely new OS for the unit?

I know i bought mine back in October of 2011, without a single clue of what was going to happen next. All i know is that i bought the Playbook for what the Playbook could do at that time. No way would i think of getting something for literally nothing a few years down the road.

I couldn't imagine taking my car back to Lincoln and telling them to trade my current model of the 2014 model because it has a new version of Sync that my car won't receive....
    No I think we all expected and we're told it would run bbry's newest operating system which it does not. It does however run a beta OS that is still missing function and features it was said to have. I'm over it but it doesn't erase the idiocy of the company and its management or the broken word in for the company itself.
    FF22, cmdr_dan and Send Again like this.
    09-17-13 08:02 AM
    No I think we all expected and we're told it would run bbry's newest operating system which it does not. It does however run a beta OS that is still missing function and features it was said to have. I'm over it but it doesn't erase the idiocy of the company and its management or the broken word in for the company itself.
    I'm asking the following with the most respect possible. What features are we missing that was said to have?
    I'm only asking because I don't want to attempt to talk about something if I'm not fully informed.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 08:14 AM

I think it's important to note that before Thor promise the BB10 upgrade to playbook, the playbook suppose to receive a major OS update. It's Thor who said instead of that we'll wait for the BB10 upgrade. So BB10 failed on playbook, where's the OS update? 2.2? 2.3 or 3.0? No, not the recent minor update, a major update. That should be the natural progression of a tablet because by any standard playbook is still in development even after the first and second price cut. They could have announce the EOL back then. At least it will justify the price reductions. I do believe Thor than that he has every intention of bringing BB10 to the playbook hence the continuing development of playbook. The failure of bringing BB10 to playbook should not be the reason to put the tablet on EOL.
    kbz1960, FF22, milo53 and 1 others like this.
    09-17-13 08:15 AM
    BB owes playbook owners nothing because they never guaranteed that bb10 or something else was coming and if you bought it based on a promise you read online and are now annoyed, let this be a lesson.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-17-13 08:19 AM
    I think it's important to note that before Thor promise the BB10 upgrade to playbook, the playbook suppose to receive a major OS update. It's Thor who said instead of that we'll wait for the BB10 upgrade. So BB10 failed on playbook, where's the OS update? 2.2? 2.3 or 3.0? No, not the recent minor update, a major update. That should be the natural progression of a tablet because by any standard playbook is still in development even after the first and second price cut. They could have announce the EOL back then. At least it will justify the price reductions. I do believe Thor than that he has every intention of bringing BB10 to the playbook hence the continuing development of playbook. The failure of bringing BB10 to playbook should not be the reason to put the tablet on EOL.
    I was completely unaware of any major update after 2.1. I honestly thought that 2.1 was going to be the last major update. My reasoning behind that was by the time 2.1 was released, development for BB10 was better known and for me things seemed rather cut and dry.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 08:24 AM
    I'm asking the following with the most respect possible. What features are we missing that was said to have?
    Please see an overview about requested features here --> https://tricider.com/en/brainstorming/11Ni2
    In my view they were all included in the announcement that BB10 would come to the PB.
    09-17-13 08:48 AM
    They've confirmed no more big update for this device.
    09-17-13 08:57 AM
    Please see an overview about requested features here --> https://tricider.com/en/brainstorming/11Ni2
    In my view they were all included in the announcement that BB10 would come to the PB.
    I'm not overly knowledgeable about the announcement of BB10 for the playbook. I believe I only heard on it within the forums, some I am lacking information. However, the link above is more of a request line then anything else, so I must be missing something, but thank you for the link.

Without derailing the thread, I really don't see how blackberry should compensate any playbook owner for the misinformed statement of BB10. At the end of the day my playbook still works like a charm, somehow I still get great battery life despite daily usage. Heck I would've loved bb10 on it but it is what it is.

The plan may have been to go one route, well plans change and the things happen.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 09:04 AM
    The company is near the brink of shambles, I don't think playbook returns are their top priority. Not to mention that the Playbook still works fine for what most users need it for. I know Thor may have gotten a little ahead of himself by hinting at a possibility of BB10 on Playbook but that was before. It's too bad some people got the wrong interpretation/impression from that. If BBRY does pick themselves up or be bought out in business acquisition, I'm sure they're release a newer, faster tablet at some point.
    09-17-13 09:06 AM
    The company is near the brink of shambles, I don't think playbook returns are their top priority. Not to mention that the Playbook still works fine for what most users need it for. I know Thor may have gotten a little ahead of himself by hinting at a possibility of BB10 on Playbook but that was before. It's too bad some people got the wrong interpretation/impression from that. If BBRY does pick themselves up or be bought out in business acquisition, I'm sure they're release a newer, faster tablet at some point.
    It's not a hint, it's a statement he made on a major news outlet. My gripe is did he intend to withhold the EOL status of playbook then by making the statement to clear out the inventory.
    kbz1960, cmdr_dan and Send Again like this.
    09-17-13 09:23 AM
117 123 ...