I doubt we will see more Bridge fix. Just yesterday, I was heading downstairs to connect the pb to my tv. But, alas, I now have to also drag my phone (the now defunct z10) down, too, since my pb canNOT intuit that I've got an email or a calendar event came due - No Bridge (sniff) AND NO, damn it, I do not want to create email or calendar accounts on the pb. It was nice and tidy with Bridge! It worked FINE with Bridge. It needed no more with Bridge!
    So, basically what you're saying is they messed this up. Given their track record...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-21-13 10:53 AM
    So, basically what you're saying is they messed this up. Given their track record...
    Ear ear! Given there track record has got them exactly where they are today!

I keep saying this but nobody listens.

Rule 1. In business.

"Don't **** off your customer base because they are your business!

Without a loyal customer base, Apple, Droid, you have a warehouse full of expensive products and offices full of expensive staff?

Posted via CB10
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    09-21-13 11:04 AM
    I don't know how I feel about this at the moment, getting very mixed signals Here's everybody on the internet discussing how miffed they are with Blackberries customer service for wrecking great features they already had. Everyone seeming to stonewall any questions about it at Blackberries end, the stock answer seeming to be "sorry, we have no information" then they bring out two things that everyone's complaining about!
    Wouldn't it have been far better if an official source had said months ago BBM and BB10 bridge is something we are looking at and we may have some news shortly. It's as if they like creating their own unnecessary bad press.
    09-21-13 11:30 AM
    Yes I do believe they screwed up and I don't think I'm alone in the thought.

Posted via CB10
    jsdhornby and cmdr_dan like this.
    09-21-13 02:02 PM
    Yes I do believe they screwed up and I don't think I'm alone in the thought.
    I didn't ask this to mock you, I asked because I can't test this myself (i.e. no hardware to bridge).
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-21-13 03:12 PM
    I didn't ask this to mock you, I asked because I can't test this myself (i.e. no hardware to bridge).
    Aye aye Captain. You can test my bridge if you wish?
    09-21-13 03:37 PM
    Oh, I did not take it as mocking. And my reply is I DEFINITELY THINK.... screwed up!!!!

But, that's my opinion (and that of some others) but there are those who think this new Bridge with bbm is all that was needed. They find the use of native email/calendar on the pb more than satisfactory. I have always found syncing problematic. The Bridge email/etc solved that problem - only one device really had the data - the OS7 phone. So I could read my email from the pb and not deal with where it would be deleted or retained or synced or whatever.
    cmdr_dan and Carl Estes like this.
    09-21-13 05:12 PM
    Oh, I did not take it as mocking. And my reply is I DEFINITELY THINK.... screwed up!!!!

But, that's my opinion (and that of some others) but there are those who think this new Bridge with bbm is all that was needed. They find the use of native email/calendar on the pb more than satisfactory. I have always found syncing problematic. The Bridge email/etc solved that problem - only one device really had the data - the OS7 phone. So I could read my email from the pb and not deal with where it would be deleted or retained or synced or whatever.
    I am not disagreeing with you. There's a need to restore full bridge functionality. Given the kind of news back in Q1, I was not expecting anything to be done on our playbook. Considering the dire situation the company is in and the near death condition the company is in right now. I'll take what I can get and continue to push for more as long as this company is still in business.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-21-13 06:41 PM
    I and continue to push for more as long as this company is still in business.
    Painfully aware of the risk of invoking "vendetta" again, but I seriously would like to know: what channels/ways do you use to "push for more"?
    09-22-13 04:16 AM
    Painfully aware of the risk of invoking "vendetta" again, but I seriously would like to know: what channels/ways do you use to "push for more"?
    I like to think that all the noises we've been making here in the forum did have some positive results of putting pressure on BB. Keeping these threads alive, tweeting, emails, face book, things that we've been doing. As the company entering the last ditch effort to stay alive, I'm realistic enough to expect nothing more will come to our playbook. However, getting BBM on playbook is something that is doable. I just want to focus on this one thing for now.
    sad_old_man and snapperhead23 like this.
    09-22-13 07:27 AM
    I like to think that all the noises we've been making here in the forum did have some positive results of putting pressure on BB. Keeping these threads alive, tweeting, emails, face book, things that we've been doing. As the company entering the last ditch effort to stay alive, I'm realistic enough to expect nothing more will come to our playbook. However, getting BBM on playbook is something that is doable. I just want to focus on this one thing for now.
    Well that will keep you confused for a while?
    snapperhead23 likes this.
    09-22-13 07:31 AM
    http://berryflow.com/preview-bb10-st...-bb10playbook/

intriguing!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-07-13 01:08 AM
    So this looks fairly "cosmetic" or am I missing something?
    10-07-13 03:45 AM
    What is that about please and how does it improve a PlayBook?
    10-07-13 04:04 AM
    Preview: BB10 Styled Android Launcher on BB10/PlayBook |

intriguing!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Does this mean we can get the BB10 apps on our PlayBooks? That is, would we be able to get Android Jellybean apps on the PlayBook?
    10-07-13 01:26 PM
    Does this mean we can get the BB10 apps on our PlayBooks? That is, would we be able to get Android Jellybean apps on the PlayBook?
    It's nothing more than a shell as far as I can tell, so no it won't...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 01:33 PM
    Sorry guys if I got too much hope up! It was just something I saw this morning before leaving for work and thought I'd throw up the link. It does mean however that some people are still working on pb stuff. I thought it might have been a bit closer looking to bb10 os but had to leave and the video kept buffering.
    Other news, I sent the link to Alec Saunders about myriad http://www.myriadgroup.com/device-so...oftware/myriad alien dalvik.aspx unfortunately every now and again the site is crashing, which doesn't bode well. I suspect that an earlier post from the topic may be correct. If BlackBerry was to install it into the os and had to pay a licence fee it would probably just be as easy to port over android from bb10.
    Thing is, it runs from the cloud, which leads me to believe that there may be a chance in the future of running newer Android application from a link on the PlayBook. The Android virtual machine in the cloud accessed from a link maybe. I don't know.
    10-07-13 04:05 PM
    Sorry guys if I got too much hope up! It was just something I saw this morning before leaving for work and thought I'd throw up the link. It does mean however that some people are still working on pb stuff. I thought it might have been a bit closer looking to bb10 os but had to leave and the video kept buffering.
    Other news, I sent the link to Alec Saunders about myriad http://www.myriadgroup.com/device-so...oftware/myriad alien dalvik.aspx unfortunately every now and again the site is crashing, which doesn't bode well. I suspect that an earlier post from the topic may be correct. If BlackBerry was to install it into the os and had to pay a licence fee it would probably just be as easy to port over android from bb10.
    Thing is, it runs from the cloud, which leads me to believe that there may be a chance in the future of running newer Android application from a link on the PlayBook. The Android virtual machine in the cloud accessed from a link maybe. I don't know.
    Don't be sorry for having hope. But the link does not work.
    10-07-13 06:02 PM
    http://www.myriadgroup.com/device-so...en dalvik.aspx the link works for me but seems to copy in strange! There is another post titled Alien Dalvik explaining more in the playbook section. In essence it brings a virtual Android machine to any device. Seems the link is shortening itself when pasting in.
    Last edited by AWB70; 10-08-13 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Correct link
    10-08-13 03:30 PM
    So, has the the OP returned since the last time I asked?
    smt64 likes this.
    11-04-13 09:56 PM
    Have you seen him somewhere or why are you asking?
    11-05-13 12:41 AM
    No, he hasn't AFAIK. But let's not make this about the OP and his going AWOL. This thread died IMHO because the fine folks at Blackberry couldn't even do us (or at least me) the courtesy to inform me "my" initiative had died. This lack of good manners, while already predicted by some cynics in this thread, to me killed any momentum this "Action" thread at one time seemed to have, OP or no OP. The OP wouldn't have been able to change anything in that respect, I'm afraid. And such a lack of good manners, even it only were a simple mail informing us/me of the end of "my" initiative, doesn't make Blackberry a company I want to continue doing business with.
    11-05-13 03:27 AM
    No. His last post in any of the CrackBerry forums was on page 3 of this thread on July 19.
    11-05-13 04:36 AM
    I agree (again) with Hirazi Blue that under the given circumstances we have done what we could do with the support we have got from the community. Also my email to the COO did not get any response and to be honest, I think they have other work to do and do not care about a few thousand PB users.

I am now hoping for something BB comes up with to get the power of BB10 phones onto a bigger screen - either a bridge to a dumb tablet or a fully featured new BB tablet. Until then I will continue to use my PB even if a couple of apps are really missing now as all developers are building for BB10 only.
    11-05-13 06:15 AM
    Just read this in an article and it does reflect what people said on this forum months ago:
    .... For one thing, BlackBerry waited too long to put itself up for sale, she said, and it lost track of what customers want.
    "They were so busy chasing Apple and Samsung, and they chased them way too late," Fiorina said. "I think they lost sight of why they had kept the customers they had, and they were chasing a competitor instead of staying focused on their customers. They lost a ton of time in the process and ... lost a lot of customers."

The complete article can be found here --> RIP, BlackBerry ? Why things will only get worse - HITC Tech
    11-05-13 06:53 AM
826 ... 2829303132 ...