For the benefit of whom?
    My own survival?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-07-13 02:28 PM
    Cryptic message to the author of the deleted post: you're right and that "division" hinders any kind of serious "Action" IMHO.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-07-13 03:16 PM
    My own survival?
    The length of which is totally unknown due the the complex mechanisms required to keep the human body functioning despite many component malfunctions. The longevity calculation is further complicated by the fact that humans are irrational and have a tendency to accommodate activities tending to shorten this period they call life!

Therefore your survival chances are subjective and may be extremely short lived!
    09-07-13 03:18 PM
    The length of which is totally unknown due the the complex mechanisms required to keep the human body functioning despite many component malfunctions. The longevity calculation is further complicated by the fact that humans are irrational and have a tendency to accommodate activities tending to shorten this period they call life!

Therefore your survival chances are subjective and may be extremely short lived!
    Fierce dog defending the honor of his country?
    Can I get one of them coffins of yours? Like now?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-07-13 03:23 PM
    Fierce dog defending the honor of his country?
    Can I get one of them coffins of yours? Like now?
    You sir can have mine! I have suddenly lost the will to do things for other people, because they are too scared to do it themselves, but then abuse the security in life you give them by threatening to unleash their power on you!! ! It's a bit like throwing a baked bean tin at this aircraft carrier I'm on??????????
    09-07-13 03:33 PM
    You sir can have mine!
    Ha, I'm male again... Thank you!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-07-13 03:40 PM
    Ha, I'm male again... Thank you!
    Sorry freudian slip.
    09-07-13 04:05 PM
    Cryptic message to the author of the deleted post: you're right and that "division" hinders any kind of serious "Action" IMHO.
    I felt like wasting energy - that's why I removed that message.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    09-08-13 12:57 PM
    I felt like wasting energy - that's why I removed that message.
    I understand, although a bit of "on topic" might have been refreshing at that point... And BTW writing a post costs energy, deleting it afterwards just costs more!
    Last edited by Hirazi Blue; 09-08-13 at 03:17 PM. Reason: wrong word
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-08-13 03:04 PM
    Agreed - perhaps still in holiday mode - will get more focused from tomorrow.

BTW: I went over to the other thread and invited them to join us here.
    09-08-13 03:11 PM
    BTW: I went over to the other thread and invited them to join us here.
    AARGH, more zany mayhem...

I assume/hope your holidays were pleasant...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-08-13 03:16 PM

Could you please stay on topic?
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    09-08-13 03:27 PM

ps what does zany mayhem mean?
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    09-09-13 09:28 AM
    ps what does zany mayhem mean?
    I always thought those were your middle names...
    09-09-13 09:31 AM
    I always thought those were your middle names...
    No, John, Peter are! Ah I see your just being silly now?
    09-09-13 09:33 AM
    Today’s update 1753 might not seem much, although there seems to have some fierce bug fixing going on “under the hood”, and it won’t – like I read in a post in another thread - lead to the ultimate adaptation of BB10, but it is a very remarkable update nonetheless, at least IMHO. This update means quite frankly that someone at Blackberry was still working on this AFTER mr. Saunders tweeted his confirmation that the Playbook was EOL. This is quite significant when put into the perspective of the “Action” thread, as it technically means there is still someone “out there”, we could possibly do “business” with. I am not saying anything will good will come from this, but that it might be seen as small sign of good-will we could try to “exploit” (for lack of a better term) instead of complain 24/7. Ridicule me, if you must, but I think it was worth pointing out.
    Ok I will, Thor found it in the pb Development Directors desk drawer after he sacked him?
    FF22 and blueberrymerry like this.
    09-10-13 03:13 PM
    Very nice to repost it after I deleted for my own reasons. Thanks!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-10-13 03:16 PM
    Very nice to repost it after I deleted for my own reasons. Thanks!
    Any time my friend. Always glad to be of service?
    09-10-13 03:20 PM
    I did yet another windows update and there was one for BlackBerry. So I updated and now it works!

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 04:26 PM
    I did yet another windows update and there was one for BlackBerry. So I updated and now it works!

Posted via CB10
    Well done!
    09-11-13 08:47 AM
    no one excited about the update then all things considered?
    09-11-13 03:23 PM
    Well, I don't know, if I am "technically" excited, but I'm very happy with this update!
    09-11-13 03:48 PM
    With the core of this whole thread being that Blackberry chose not to support the Pb I would say it's a step in the right direction. If gratefully received I guess it shows the possibility of future incremental small fixes which could lead to some of the bigger issues being looked at.
    I'm not that nieve, sure a synic might say give them something to shjt them up and maybe some might even consider upgrading to bb10 but that is acknowledment that there is some bad feeling towards the company on this decision. We have to remember here the officially no one from blackberry has said that there will be no more udates whatsoever.
    Perhaps there is a chance that a small team of blackberry staff may continue trying fixes, released as beta at the playbook owners discretion and risk.

Surely it would be better creating a positive buzz about this than tossing it of as a concellation prize.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    09-11-13 04:05 PM
    Like sad_old_man quoted from my deleted post: this could potentially mean Blackberry might still be open to some user-inspired "Action", even if this is their final update. But: "your breath" + "don't hold", obviously...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-11-13 04:11 PM
    Like sad_old_man quoted from my deleted post: this could potentially mean Blackberry might still be open to some user-inspired "Action", even if this is their final update. But: "your breath" + "don't hold", obviously...
    I heard that you!
    09-11-13 04:26 PM
826 ... 2526272829 ...