how about posting on thors fake twitter account asking him to resign then sending the link to it to any tech related media. Not only are PB users disgruntled but blackberry users in general from what I see due to the way he undermined the company. There's never been a least popular CEO since Adolf Hitler! I knew Godwins theory would eventually make it into this post

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800
    09-04-13 04:13 AM
    Sit in in front of BB headquarters - with as many as possible newspapers, magazines, tv stations and tech sites around the world present.
    Newsflash: we're not hippies, hippies would have bought iPads...

T-shirts
    Nice idea, I'd probably even buy one, but it won't help much due to the relatively low amount of PB users. If Android users were to do something similar that might have a (small) impact.

Article(s) about PB situation issued to as many as possible newspapers, magazines, tv stations and tech sites around the world
    Ship has sailed, "two year old tech" and all that.

Instead of E-Mails which are easily deleted, Send physical letters via certified mail, directing it be signed only be the recipient.
    Agreed, but it was hard enough obtaining valid email addresses as is. We wouldn't want to see our letters piling up at Blackberry HQ if we don't get the addresses right. With mail you at least know, the person you intended the mail for, is actually the one who's ignoring it...
    09-04-13 04:15 AM

"Article(s) about PB situation issued to as many as possible newspapers, magazines, tv stations and tech sites around the world"

"Ship has sailed, "two year old tech" and all that."
    I don't know - with the right slant, it could capture some interest. Along the lines of:

"Will the BB10 promises made by BB today meet the same fate as the RIM/BB promises made to Playbook owners and potential purchasers late last year?

Promises made by the SAME CEO!

In other words MORE DEADEND DEVICES!"
    Chrysalis1156 likes this.
    09-04-13 08:57 AM
    I doubt BBRY will even read anything we send, they're hanging on for dear life as it is thanks to systematic mismanagement. At least Nokia survived by selling bits and pieces to Microsoft... who will buy BBRY now that they've seen how (un)successful BB10 is?
    09-04-13 09:05 AM
    @F2 - Sure, you can pitch it in a way that might be interesting "to all", however most "newspapers, magazines, tv stations and tech sites" have already moved to hot new items in the news (Nokia? Or was that yesterday's news?)
    09-04-13 10:00 AM
    I don't know - with the right slant, it could capture some interest. Along the lines of:

"Will the BB10 promises made by BB today meet the same fate as the RIM/BB promises made to Playbook owners and potential purchasers late last year?

Promises made by the SAME CEO!

In other words MORE DEADEND DEVICES!"
    I agree. It needs to tie into something the company currently care about which is their BB10 devices. Have to question the integrity of the company in front of the media. Why should .........If the Playbook was...............The questioning should not be just about the BB10 upgrade, the Playbook OS itself, the otg the full bridge functionality. Development that take very little time and money for the company to invest in. It need to stress current playbook owners also own BB devices and many BB10 devices. How does a company encourage loyal customers to follow BB into the future when it cannot commit to the current one?
    FF22 likes this.
    09-04-13 10:11 AM
    I'm sure it would be relatively easy to write the necessary story. My point, however, is that you'd have to have the "newspapers, magazines, tv stations and tech sites" to go along. And they won't, maybe if we had asked earlier..
    09-04-13 10:17 AM
    @F2 - Sure, you can pitch it in a way that might be interesting "to all", however most "newspapers, magazines, tv stations and tech sites" have already moved to hot new items in the news (Nokia? Or was that yesterday's news?)
    Well, here in MS' home turf, it was NEWS. Over and Over!
    09-04-13 10:32 AM
    A colleague came into work today who out of the four of us is the only one who doesn't have a blackberry phone because he's not on my staff. Bought himself a playbook at the weekend for �80, was asking how he gets BBM on it, had to tell him he can't he would have to get a blackberry phone. Next question was which one should he get, fancied getting a Z10 like mine but wondered why I still use my 9800 for work. Had to just say it was complicated. When I tried to explain the reasoning behind it his exact words were "that doesn't make sense"
    Tell me about it! coming from a bloke who knows nothing about the current situation with the company it reminded me how important this is. It's not just us who are griped by the lack of direction and the apparent going backwards of the services which were the USP that made blackberry great it's also frightening off new customers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800
    09-04-13 04:22 PM
    Well, the news is out BB pushing to sell the company off by November.
    09-04-13 04:30 PM
    Schadenfreude - pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others...

At this point anything BlackBerry-related is all doom and gloom. The company could get sold by November or the whole company might run into the ground, but anyone with any BB device could see support vanish soon.

I hold no hope of them doing anything to resurrect the PlayBook or fix its many outstanding issues. To the Z10 and Q10 diehards who told us PlayBook users to move on, it's old tech, it's dead etc. - now it's your turn.
    ViBogdan and AWB70 like this.
    09-04-13 10:05 PM
    As I try to stay optimistic, I'm still hoping, placing the default apps in open source still might be possible as there isn't much work/money involved in that...
    09-05-13 12:45 AM
    While admiring all the efforts, I fear that it is wasted energy other than to hasten the demise of Blackberry.

In my view, unfortunately the writing is on the wall for Blackberry.They have destroyed any brand loyalty they had. Corporate organisations like mine are not going to invest in a product which does not have a long term future.

There are no fairy godmothers who are going to take Blackberry over especially now there is another big player (Microsoft / Nokia) with some credibility in the market. Iphone, Android, Windows, I think that's enough choice!

6 months max and I think Blackberry will be history.

But I still do love my Blackberry Playbook and when I bought it for GBP 106 it was not on the basis of BB10.

Used to like Blackberry phones but now feel my Bold is very dated and trying to decide whether I go Android or Windows.
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    09-05-13 03:25 AM
    FYI - I just sent a follow-up email to mister Saunders, to figure out if the "open source" idea is still under consideration or if it already has been dismissed...
    AWB70 likes this.
    09-05-13 03:48 AM
    FYI - I just sent a follow-up email to mister Saunders, to figure out if the "open source" idea is still under consideration or if it already has been dismissed...
    I just sent an email to Apple asking them not to buy bb?
    Hirazi Blue and FF22 like this.
    09-05-13 05:00 AM
    Now I wonder: would it help, if I actually started SHOUTING at you?
    09-05-13 05:03 AM
    Now I wonder: would it help, if I actually started SHOUTING at you?
    Nope!
    09-05-13 05:05 AM
    Sold my second PB.

Still fully support any action but until BlackBerry is sold I reckon the chances they do anything (even replying to emails) are 0.00%
    09-05-13 12:15 PM
    Sold my second PB.

Still fully support any action but until BlackBerry is sold I reckon the chances they do anything (even replying to emails) are 0.00%
    Love the shade of lipstick by the way?
    09-05-13 03:04 PM
    Love the shade of lipstick by the way?
    If you bite your tongue you might get the same shade.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-05-13 03:08 PM
    If you bite your tongue you might get the same shade.
    I'm safe cats can't swim!
    09-05-13 03:26 PM
    Sold my second PB.
    So, how does that feel, selling a PB to some unsuspected buyer these days?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-05-13 03:50 PM
    So, how does that feel, selling a PB to some unsuspected buyer these days?
    Don't know ask Thor?
    msps likes this.
    09-05-13 03:54 PM
    Don't know ask Thor?
    Nah, Thor is practically giving them away these days...
    09-05-13 04:06 PM
    Nah, Thor is practically giving them away these days...
    The $55 million dollar man is not in a habit of giving anything away.
    09-05-13 04:15 PM
826 ... 2223242526 ...