I am sure you do, but you'd probably have to take turns. It's easier to say "I told you so" than to actually take action, I'm afraid. Even if the action itself might prove somewhat misguided.
    We don't have anything here misguided, it's all guided! Take the boat for instance its guided by a little man in a white suit by turning a little wheel? The thing is that.... Ooops wrong thread!
    09-02-13 11:08 AM
    We don't have anything here misguided, it's all guided! Take the boat for instance its guided by a little man in a white suit by turning a little wheel? The thing is that.... Ooops wrong thread!
    OMG! You pervert! Stop the euphemism!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-02-13 12:03 PM
    Hi Victor,

Well done for trying to het something organised, rather than just moaning and blasting BB.
    As far as I'm concerned, off the top of my head, all I want as far as a software upgrade goes is:
    1) Updated Broswer
    2) BB10 virtual Keyboard
    3) Updated flash
    4) Updated Android runtime
    5) USB OTG (as it seems this is more or less a freebe as far as development effort goes.

6) Some sort of DLNA support would be cool but not something I think I'd use a great deal
    7) Not personally interested in bridge as I don't have a BB phone, but I can see why people are so keen to have functonality restored, however if there are technical reasons why this is not easily 'do-able' then maybe that is too much of a big ask.

If it helps to persuade BB to put the additional effort in then I'd be prepared to pay a small amount no more than 10-15 USD, but would prefer not to, and I don't really think this will make a difference.

I really don't have the spare time right now to play much of an active roll, but I'm going to PM you my email address and maybe I'll be able to help in a small way in the future.

Thanks,

ChrisM.
    09-02-13 12:53 PM
    OMG! You pervert! Stop the euphemism!
    What's a pervert? Oh I know what ts a senseless cat who keeps trying to get me shouted at by the dutchman
    09-02-13 12:53 PM
    I'd be willing to pay up to $20 for an update. Good luck victorshikhman on your quest.
    09-02-13 12:54 PM
    What's a pervert? Oh I know what ts a senseless cat who keeps trying to get me shouted at by the dutchman
    I have to Google your words to decipher your message.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-02-13 12:55 PM
    I have to Google your words to decipher your message.
    Sssshhhhhh stupid!
    09-02-13 12:58 PM
    Any chance to get back to the original idea of this thread?
    It's about action related to keep the PlayBook alive for a bit.

Ther might be better ways of exchanging unrelated messages.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-02-13 01:46 PM
    Any chance to get back to the original idea of this thread?
    It's about action related to keep the PlayBook alive for a bit.

Ther might be better ways of exchanging unrelated messages.
    We emailed, we tweeted, we answered survey. Short of storming the headquarter at Waterloo, what other options do we have?
    09-02-13 01:50 PM
    We emailed, we tweeted, we answered survey. Short of storming the headquarter at Waterloo, what other options do we have?
    While I personally do enjoy the occasional derailing of threads, your reasoning seems flawed,, mainly because you try to reason and justify at all.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-02-13 03:52 PM
    While I personally do enjoy the occasional derailing of threads, your reasoning seems flawed,, mainly because you try to reason and justify at all.
    Deep, very deep!
    09-02-13 03:57 PM
    I was not trying to reason. I was asking for alternative action.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-02-13 03:57 PM
    I was not trying to reason. I was asking for alternative action.
    Your remark could easily be read in context to schwede's post, that you even quoted. The way it seemed to me, was that you countered schwede's post by pointing out the hopelessness of this whole thread at this point. You wouldn't be far off, but that's besides the point here.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-02-13 04:01 PM
    See cat I told you he would shout at me. Oh is that an alarm I hear ringing? Ah yes it seems I must go. Take care you two!
    09-02-13 04:04 PM
    Your remark could easily be read in context to schwede's post, that you even quoted. The way it seemed to me, was that you countered schwede's post by pointing out the hopelessness of this whole thread at this point. You wouldn't be far off, but that's besides the point here.
    You read it wrong. What I stated is what I actually meant. I like to give the benefit of the doubt to others who might have ideas out of my limited imagination when it comes to alternative way of pursuing the goal of enhancing, prolong, revive of our beloved PlayBooks.
    09-02-13 04:07 PM
    You read it wrong. What I stated is what I actually meant. I like to give the benefit of the doubt to others who might have ideas out of my limited imagination when it comes to alternative way of pursuing the goal of enhancing, prolong, revive of our beloved PlayBooks.
    Point taken!
    09-02-13 04:09 PM
    See cat I told you he would shout at me. Oh is that an alarm I hear ringing? Ah yes it seems I must go. Take care you two!
    Nobody's shouting at you. Check your hearing aid!
    09-02-13 04:09 PM
    Nobody's shouting at you. Check your hearing aid!
    Jet engines might have affected the senses the brandy did not.
    09-02-13 07:15 PM
    As I originally read your statement wrong, let me answer it in full now: I agree we did all that (bar the storming of BB HQ, obviously), but that obviously doesn't mean we can't come up with new approaches/new angles. And I haven't officially given up on the initiatives we've started, although I haven't got a clue when the point has actually arrived to stop waiting for a response.
    The mistake I think schwede makes is that he seems to single out a certain kind of disruption (the S_O_M kind, to coin a phrase), while there is a lot more going on in this thread that is highly counterproductive. Maybe this thread has indeed run its course. Personally I think its too early to tell. But not much too early anymore...
    09-03-13 03:47 AM
    As I originally read your statement wrong, let me answer it in full now: I agree we did all that (bar the storming of BB HQ, obviously), but that obviously doesn't mean we can't come up with new approaches/new angles. And I haven't officially given up on the initiatives we've started, although I haven't got a clue when the point has actually arrived to stop waiting for a response.
    The mistake I think schwede makes is that he seems to single out a certain kind of disruption (the S_O_M kind, to coin a phrase), while there is a lot more going on in this thread that is highly counterproductive. Maybe this thread has indeed run its course. Personally I think its too early to tell. But not much too early anymore...
    Actually I like that schwede steer us back on topic. That's one of the reason I reply to him, to get us back on track. Just like you, I still have a shred of hope that the company will somehow make a positive decision regarding playbook. Even if it's porting BBM over. Looking at the company as a whole, I can see that the management is facing assault on all front. Unless some company either partnering or buying up BB to solidify the company's future. Any issue relating to playbook will be in the back burner. This thread is what it is. It will die off unless we banter off topics to keep it alive.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    09-03-13 06:10 AM
    Actually I like that schwede steer us back on topic. That's one of the reason I reply to him, to get us back on track. Just like you, I still have a shred of hope that the company will somehow make a positive decision regarding playbook. Even if it's porting BBM over. Looking at the company as a whole, I can see that the management is facing assault on all front. Unless some company either partnering or buying up BB to solidify the company's future. Any issue relating to playbook will be in the back burner. This thread is what it is. It will die off unless we banter off topics to keep it alive.
    That's confirms it!, you are a woman after all thems there fancy words things! Oh does that mean that the dutchman, you know my pal who can't steer a boat and hits things is another woman?..................... Well that would explain hitting something in a big ocean? Women drivers honestly!
    09-03-13 07:46 AM
    What is now needed is an additional brainstorming session about new activities - is this still possible in this thread? Should we open an Action #02 thread?

We need fresh ideas ...

As a reminder of what actions were suggested so far:
    - sit in in front of BB headquarter
    - t-shirts
    - crowd funding of PB upgrade
    - collection of PB owner pictures
    - email to BB head of app development - done - no response s o far
    - email to BB COO - done - no response so far
    - article about PB situation issued to as many as possible newspapers, magazines, tv stations and tech sites around the world

What else?
    FF22 and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    09-03-13 03:47 PM
    Someone get hold of Thorsten's email address, let us all blitz his mailbox with our requests.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-03-13 04:26 PM
    What is now needed is an additional brainstorming session about new activities - is this still possible in this thread? Should we open an Action #02 thread?

We need fresh ideas ...

As a reminder of what actions were suggested so far:
    - sit in in front of BB headquarter
    - t-shirts
    - crowd funding of PB upgrade
    - collection of PB owner pictures
    - email to BB head of app development - done - no response s o far
    - email to BB COO - done - no response so far
    - article about PB situation issued to as many as possible newspapers, magazines, tv stations and tech sites around the world

What else?
    I vote for:

-Sit in in front of BB headquarters - with as many as possible newspapers, magazines, tv stations and tech sites around the world present.
    (Thing is realistically only a small amount of persons from the US would attend due to cost, and I would think not many from Canada would attend as they see "Blackberry" as a "Canadian Company" in which BlackBerry's survival is a matter of national pride type of thing.)

-T-shirts... Maybe a T-Shirt with info on what HP did with the HP TOUCHPAD (unlocked it after they deemed it EOL) VS What BlackBerry has done.

-T-Shirts= With dates listing PlayBook history,
    V1 No e-mail client, V2 what V1 should have been, Promises made, Customers concerns unanswered /ignored.
    Date work stopped on any updates to the PB 2.xxx OS due to BB10 on the horizon.

Quotes from Developers who were heavily invested in the PB 2.xxx OS.

When BlackBerry should have been aware the PlayBook would be unable to run the BB10 OS
    (EG: 2013-09, Alpha devices with a EXTRA GPU with 1Gb unable to run BB10)

How come BlackBerry waited 9 months (2013-06-28) from 2013-09, 6 months after the BB10 OS roll-out to "announce" they were killing BB10 on the PlayBook.
    Q: Why did they wait so long?

How about T-Shirts showing piles on unsold PlayBooks they couldn't give away hardly prior to the announcement of BB10 OS was to come to the Playbook... right after the BB10 rollout?

How about a Pic of a warehouse that's ready top "Pop at the Seams" with all those unsold PlayBooks with a couple of CEO types standing there...

The Picture/wording conveying .
    How the heck can we get rid of this stuff?,
    Another CEO guy (fatcat) says "Hey, all we have to do is "promise" a update to BB10 and they'll start selling... about 6 months after the roll-out we kill it off saying we need to be servicing BB10 device owners that are having problems...

-T-Shirts = With the explaining what the term "You've been BlackBerried Dude!" means. (You've been Rick-Rolled)
    (I've seen T-Shirts with a Saying, then it gives the dictionary meaning for that saying.)

Article(s) about PB situation issued to as many as possible newspapers, magazines, tv stations and tech sites around the world

What else?
    Instead of E-Mails which are easily deleted, Send physical letters via certified mail, directing it be signed only be the recipient.

More persons linking to a Online petition
    Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 09-04-13 at 01:17 AM.
    09-04-13 12:51 AM
    Is there a respective petition online somewhere?
    09-04-13 02:49 AM
826 ... 2122232425 ...