No, oddly enough, that was not what I meant...
    The way the list is used in conversation doesn't make it appear all that appeasing.
    But maybe that's what being related to you is like.
    I don't know yet. I just recently have been added to it, remember?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-26-13 07:28 AM
    No, oddly enough, that was not what I meant...
    The way the list is used in conversation doesn't make it appear all that appeasing.
    But maybe that's what being related to you is like.
    I don't know yet. I just recently have been added to it, remember?
    It's ok I'm used to being in the corner. It's safe and nobody picks on me. I'll just watch the world go by without me as usual but it's ok.
    08-26-13 07:40 AM
    I want to hug osm so much in fact let's all have a group hug <hug>
    Regarding the petition there's already one on the go.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 10:03 AM
    I want to hug osm so much in fact let's all have a group hug <hug>
    Regarding the petition there's already one on the go.

Posted via CB10
    Your on the list for that!
    08-26-13 10:09 AM
    Ha ha where are you now dutchman?????? I've got an island now so there!!!!!!!!!
    08-28-13 08:56 AM
    Sorry, but I don't get all that hostility.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-28-13 09:06 AM
    Hey,

I was going to say something about keeping the fun and games in other threads, and saving this one for proper 'Action' posts, but reading back, there doesn't seem to have been any recently (no offence to those that have been trying hard to get something-anything out of BB - your efforts ARE appreciated, by me at least!)

So probably just carry on as you were (I guess you would anyway...)
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    08-28-13 09:06 AM
    You're right! Let us keep this one for "Action", even though (and I addressed this earlier) I don't see much action left in this thread, which obviously makes it easier to go off topic...
    And PS I think I proved in this thread already that "taking action" and having some fun needn't be mutually exclusive...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-28-13 09:09 AM
    You're right! Let us keep this one for "Action", even though (and I addressed this earlier) I don't see much action left in this thread, which obviously makes it easier to go off topic...
    And PS I think I proved in this thread already that "taking action" and having some fun needn't be mutually exclusive...
    Ear ear let's have some action!
    08-28-13 09:16 AM
    Regarding ACTION.

For you guys that have been "following" RIM - BLACKBERRY, and events pertaining to how the company operates, what happened to the PlayBook (And other products they have sold), is what I've posted previously factual? or make sense (For a lack of a better word)

I feel the BB10 OS coming to the PlayBook was used to clear out the remaining stocks of unsold Playbooks. I can see "Retailers' sitting on dead inventory not being "happy" with BlackBerry, not wanting to be "stuck" again... especially with all the rumors about which direction the company would go, how much the upcoming BB10 OS powered devices would improve market share.

I know I wouldn't allocate much floor space, or effort if I had been burned on the PlayBook...Having to inventory dead inventory for the past 18+ months.

Were PlayBooks selling well?
    Were they a "hit" with consumers?
    Units I have had been sitting unsold in a warehouse having a manufacturing date of up to 18 months.

Has RIM /BlackBerry known to deliver timely updates, address issues affecting the "end-user" (1 on 1 sales), OR do they "Play Dead", Drag their feet on addressing problems unless you spend 10 million dollars+ a year with them?
    (Which is what they really want to do- do EG: sales to Phone carriers, the carrier is there "customer")

Did the announcement the PlayBook was going to get a update to BB10 OS positively affect PlayBook sales?
    They weren't "going" out of stock, hard to find until word got out BB10 was coming. Sure they made some sales due to the fire sale pricing to die hard BlackBerry fans, but even at the fire sale prices for not much more better tablets could be had, in regards to APP SELECTION. Realistically with what 70% of the market having ANDROID phones, and BlackBerry what 4% IIRC.... not many people even at the fire sale pricing would want to migrate to a PlayBook, to learn another OS. Especially a OS and device which don't sell well with hardly any persons "Rooting" an Modifying the device, rewriting code /apps...

(As we've found out, it's NOT a good thing if the manufacturer decides to drop a device.
    IMO BlackBerry owners are TOTALLY dependent upon the great BlackBerry mother-ship, for everything like a newborn baby....A baby starved for attention and food (Product improvements/patches). No wonder they hang on every word that comes out of Waterloo)

For me even at the fie-sale prices I found it a "hard" to buy the PlayBooks because at the time the word on the street (and in-store) was BlackBerry was considered "a did run", old hat, BlackBerry (The device division) is on it's way out, they might get sold off, bought out, etc.

The only reason I bought $4,000 worth of BlackBerry product (Yes Mr Heins the PlayBook says "BlackBerry" on it)... was it was stated by top ranking RIM, AKA BlackBerry officials, the CEO no less than the device would get a OS update to a CURRENT OS with all that entails.

How about people post some useful info. If you don't I can see the MODS locking the thread.
    (I bet some with BlackBerry stock, or otherwise "profit" from Blackberry doing good /staying afloat would like to "delete" the threads with negative info about BlackBerry)

If you want to talk about things non-related to the PlayBook please post in another thread in respect out of those that plunked down cold hard cash and got *"BlackBerried", by "BlackBerry".

* You got BlackBerried" a expression that became popular 2013 onward due to the way BlackBerry treated PlayBook owners.
    (This term being used interchangeably with the term You've been Rick-Rolled... Lied to, etc.)

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 08-29-13 at 12:49 AM.
    08-29-13 12:32 AM
    If you want to talk about things non-related to the PlayBook please post in another thread in respect out of those that plunked down cold hard cash.
    This is truly getting ridiculous. First of all, every Playbook user has "plunked down cold hard cash" for their device. Secondly, as one of the people participating in the occasional "off topic" remarks in this thread, you seem to forget too easily, that so far I have been the only one taking any kind of serious action and have been trying to motivate others to take action in parallel to mine, while you seem primarily intent on rehashing the same story over and over again. We know your story, we understand what you're trying to say. Now do something meaningful with it and take action. Criticizing other for their inaction only truly works, if you yourself have taken action yourself (or at least tried).
    sad_old_man and Angus_CB like this.
    08-29-13 02:44 AM
    This is truly getting ridiculous. First of all, every Playbook user has "plunked down cold hard cash" for their device. Secondly, as one of the people participating in the occasional "off topic" remarks in this thread, you seem to forget too easily, that so far I have been the only one taking any kind of serious action and have been trying to motivate others to take action in parallel to mine, while you seem primarily intent on rehashing the same story over and over again. We know your story, we understand what you're trying to say. Now do something meaningful with it and take action. Criticizing other for their inaction only truly works, if you yourself have taken action yourself (or at least tried).
    Don't remember posting that, but it sounds just like something I would respond with. My friend, relax, chill out! Don't rise to the bait remember! We are the chosen who respond differently from others. If you need to vent your spleen at anyone then it's really my fault. Your thread is worthy of continual input and as people here have very very short memories I didn't want to see it disappear off the Page as that is fatal for any thread. So I made a post to breath some life back into it and at least keep it topical.

I stand chastised and apologise profusely in advance. Next time I'll let it die.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    08-29-13 08:20 AM
    Noble, but there is enough blame to go around: let's share it equally!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-29-13 09:29 AM
    Noble, but there is enough blame to go around: let's share it equally!
    Now let's not dispute the trivialities of blame? Shall we?

ITS MY FAULT DUTCHMAN SO GO LOOK AT THE TULIPS? or something?
    08-29-13 09:37 AM
    How's it going all? looks like there is no signs of movement. I was hoping A Saunders might have replied to the email, been checking in but there doesn't seem to be anything more to say that hasn't already been said.
    I was doing a little reading on abandonware http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware some interesting points in there although the playbook is in a gray area. officially support has been stopped but if you walk into a store you could buy a playbook which seems insane.
    I've given up on blackberry right now, not from a product point of view but as a company. I think best bet at the moment is for the code to be released and a playbook community to be set up to sort things out themselves. This surely is also beneficial to blackberry. If it's such a headache to them then let it go.
    Off all the tech products I have ever bought in my life i find it bizarre that I find myself liking a product but have nothing but contempt for the company that made it The share holders really need to vote in some way for management change.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800
    FF22, WeAreNotAlone and AdityaK like this.
    08-29-13 02:23 PM
    How's it going all? looks like there is no signs of movement. I was hoping A Saunders might have replied to the email, been checking in but there doesn't seem to be anything more to say that hasn't already been said.
    Whatever the outcome of this (and I'm not overly optimistic), I do think we should allow them a little more time and rest assured, if this thread is still open by then, I'll post any response should it be primarily directed at me.
    I was doing a little reading on abandonware Abandonware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia some interesting points in there although the playbook is in a gray area.
    IMHO the whole concept of abandonware is a gray area in itself, but that's probably a different story (and we wouldn't to go off topic, now don't we?)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-29-13 02:32 PM
    Whatever the outcome of this (and I'm not overly optimistic), I do think we should allow them a little more time and rest assured, if this thread is still open by then, I'll post any response should it be primarily directed at me.
    IMHO the whole concept of abandonware is a gray area in itself, but that's probably a different story (and we wouldn't to go off topic, now don't we?)
    I'll be the first to tell on you if you do!
    08-29-13 02:36 PM
    Just been sent an email from Blackberry....
    "
    Your Feedback is important to us!
    Hello,

Thank you for choosing BlackBerry�. We hope that you are enjoying the experience of owning a BlackBerry device. At BlackBerry, your opinion is extremely important to us, as we constantly seek to better understand the experiences of all our customers. To ensure we are continually improving your BlackBerry experience, we would like to invite you to share your thoughts on your current BlackBerry device.

If this is of interest, please take approximately 5 minutes or less of your time to answer our short survey - we�d greatly appreciate it!"

5 mins would be the break I needed for coffee in replying to it!

08-29-13 03:36 PM
    Just been sent an email from Blackberry....
    "
    Your Feedback is important to us!
    Hello,

Thank you for choosing BlackBerry�. We hope that you are enjoying the experience of owning a BlackBerry device. At BlackBerry, your opinion is extremely important to us, as we constantly seek to better understand the experiences of all our customers. To ensure we are continually improving your BlackBerry experience, we would like to invite you to share your thoughts on your current BlackBerry device.

If this is of interest, please take approximately 5 minutes or less of your time to answer our short survey - we’d greatly appreciate it!"

5 mins would be the break I needed for coffee in replying to it!

Running a bit late asking for feedback. Maybe we should bite the hand that asks for feedback.

Have a delightful time filling it out.
    08-29-13 05:03 PM
    Well the email said 5 minutes to complete and the site with the survey said ten. Had to correct this as when I opened mine it states 10 minutes. This is so like BB to promise one thing and then for it to take longer. I'd be rotfl if it wasn't so typical. Most questions concerned my smartphone, but I couldn't respond without thinking about the fiasco with the PB. I recommend everyone respond.
    08-29-13 05:33 PM
    Well the email said 5 minutes to complete and the site with the survey said ten. Had to correct this as when I opened mine it states 10 minutes. This is so like BB to promise one thing and then for it to take longer. I'd be rotfl if it wasn't so typical. Most questions concerned my smartphone, but I couldn't respond without thinking about the fiasco with the PB. I recommend everyone respond.
    There's a section you can comment and don't be shy to tie in the playbook bridge issue.
    08-29-13 06:36 PM
    Now that BlackBerry have officially dropped support for the PlayBook, can they not hand over the official Playbook O.S to the open source network so it can be worked on by user's and I.T enthusiasm?I know we don't want the O S to be hacked but surly there is a way of doing it so that it will be protected.
    08-29-13 07:14 PM
    Now that BlackBerry have officially dropped support for the PlayBook, can they not hand over the official Playbook O.S to the open source network so it can be worked on by user's and I.T enthusiasm?I know we don't want the O S to be hacked but surly there is a way of doing it so that it will be protected.
    At this point to get the company to do anything is treated with silence. We have no idea how dire the situation is with the company. For all we know it's just a shell to make it look like business as usual.
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    08-29-13 07:20 PM
    This is truly getting ridiculous. First of all, every Playbook user has "plunked down cold hard cash" for their device.
    For those that plunked down cold hard cash ONLY after hearing BB10 OS would be coming to the PlayBook is different than those that bought 3-years ago.

Secondly, as one of the people participating in the occasional "off topic" remarks in this thread, you seem to forget too easily, that so far I have been the only one taking any kind of serious action and have been trying to motivate others to take action in parallel to mine, while you seem primarily intent on rehashing the same story over and over again. We know your story, we understand what you're trying to say. Now do something meaningful with it and take action. Criticizing other for their inaction only truly works, if you yourself have taken action yourself (or at least tried).
    You don't understand what I was trying to say,

If say a Petition Page, or a document listing PlayBook owners wants is to be effective you need people who can confirm the document /contents of the Petition page. In other words verify the facts, build a case.

Regarding the off-topic comments:
    I like a joke as much as the next guy, but there is a time and place.

I'm asking those going off-topic to pool their knowledge. If they don't and keep on making off-topic posts like this is the "lounge" section of the board then yes the MODS will close this thread.

How about a story detailing how HP handled the TouchPad when they deemed the item EOL, comparing what HP did (Unlock the Bootloader) vs with what BlackBerry did....(Which is nothing).

How about a story detailing how the PlayBook was released with what was basically a "Beta" OS, only getting "decent" at version 2.xxx... then ALL work is shut down on fixing PB OS 2.xxx issues and addressing customers concerns due to the BB10 on the horizon?

How about a story about how BlackBerry promised a update to BB10 to spur sales of dead stocks of PlayBooks that weren't even selling at fire-sale pricing, How BlackBerry waits 9 MONTHS and via a "Earnings Call", not a Press Release to announce the news of BB10 for the PlayBook has being killed off so it won't affect the BB10 Roll-out /BB10 device sales?

BTW: How is the approach of smothering BlackBerry with Kindness and Love approach working?
    (I understand being "Nice", thing is unless you can show BlackBerry it's in their best interest to do something meaningful, they aren't going to do squat.)

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 08-29-13 at 11:43 PM.
    FF22 and Hirazi Blue like this.
    08-29-13 11:17 PM
    Being NICE is as useless as being HEARTLESS. They do NOT care. Not one whit. Not in the slightest. So might as well be nasty and go for the jugular. They've the ones who drained the lifeblood from the pb.
    08-30-13 12:28 AM
826 ... 1920212223 ...