Told you already: fishing boat, long days at sea...
    Hemmingway's already covered that.
    08-13-13 10:14 AM
    Hemmingway did not own a PB, IIRC....
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-13-13 10:49 AM
    ... I think "customer services" just isn't equipped to adequately judge/handle this kind of request.
    Great - many thanks for your engagement here.

May I suggest such a letter is being send to [email protected] - these people are normally very sensible.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    08-13-13 11:29 AM
    Hemmingway did not own a PB, IIRC....
    But they are in the same boat (see what I did there) - both DEAD!
    08-13-13 11:37 AM
    Great - many thanks for your engagement here.

May I suggest such a letter is being send to [email protected] - these people are normally very sensible.
    Interesting suggestion, but don't you think they might still be a bit too far removed from the people we'd want to reach/win over? And they might be rather busy ATM
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-13-13 11:54 AM
    But they are in the same boat (see what I did there) - both DEAD!
    But as far as I can tell, I am not dead yet (and neither is my PB BTW)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-13-13 11:55 AM
    But as far as I can tell, I am not dead yet (and neither is my PB BTW)
    Please don't tell me let me guess? It's pea green in colour and you have an owl and a pussycat with you? Yes?
    08-13-13 12:12 PM
    Please don't tell me let me guess? It's pea green in colour and you have an owl and a pussycat with you? Yes?
    O lovely pussie! O pussie my love.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-13-13 12:15 PM
    O lovely pussie! O pussie my love.
    You need therapy cat! Do you not know that this member is risking his life along with the owl just to get you a tin of cat food?
    08-13-13 12:22 PM
    You need therapy cat! Do you not know that this member is risking his life along with the owl just to get you a tin of cat food?
    You reckon?
    Playbook Community Action Thread-images.jpeg
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-13-13 12:27 PM
    You mean the "snot green sea."
    08-13-13 12:36 PM
    Important (if admittedly silly as I myself participate fully) remark: this is still the "Action" thread, if you have something meaningful the say about the topic at hand (and no, that's not fishing), feel free to contribute. I'd still really like an answer to my earlier question, before I'd embark (see what I did there?) on the perilous journey that would be drafting a letter...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-13-13 01:43 PM
    General Warning to all in the thread. This has been taken WAY off topic, and there have been a ton of reports. Keep it on topic please, or the thread will be cleaned and infractions shall follow. Thank you.
    08-13-13 01:48 PM
    Strangely enough; I had the impression we were finally getting somewhere (warts and all). Maybe something to take into consideration?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-13-13 01:53 PM
    I've got a Z10 and I love bb?
    08-13-13 02:02 PM
    You might as well just close this thread now...
    Cynycl and sad_old_man like this.
    08-13-13 02:18 PM
    I've got a Z10 and I love bb?
    No ! Silly old man. You must follow @savetheplaybook . For someone who owns 8 playbooks you should scream louder!!
    08-13-13 02:20 PM
    I'll have a sniff about and see. Maybe multiple contacts as oppose just one. There must be a list somewhere on the net of various contacts at blackberry.

Post the replies if any in here. As soon as the horse says you can kiss my arse that will do me and they can shut the thread. I would just like to hear it from the horse first.

It blackberry loss at the end of the day not mine. Worth mentioning in the letter that any updates or experimental attempts at at solving problems from the poll are responsibility of the pb owner. Of they do pit some resources into a pr exercise people shouldn't be complaining. Even letting other devs contribute from outside blackberry.
    Who out of curiosity would be willing to pay for an update that resolved some issues and what figures are we talking?
    There could be money our there yet for the right person but that all depends if blackberry would give some info out on the OS. If blackberry don't want anything to do with it they should stop acting like a spoilt brat, taking the football home because they can't be captain.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 02:39 PM
    The paying for an update is an interesting idea. We've discussed something similar at the beginning of page 2 of this thread (following a "Kickstarter" idea). I myself ATM, however, have some serious problems motivating myself for this project due to the response to the banter in this thread (of which I was a willing participant, whilst still trying to keep this action afloat)...
    08-13-13 03:12 PM
    The paying for an update is an interesting idea. We've discussed something similar at the beginning of page 2 of this thread (following a "Kickstarter" idea). I myself ATM, however, have some serious problems motivating myself for this project due to the response to the banter in this thread (of which I was a willing participant, whilst still trying to keep this action afloat)...
    I appreciate your efforts if you have the wherewithal to follow up with a letter to bbry.
    08-13-13 04:27 PM
    Thanks I guess, although my last post wasn't me fishing for appreciation, rather stating my growing lack of motivation for the cause in general.
    08-13-13 04:38 PM
    Thanks I guess, although my last post wasn't me fishing for appreciation, rather stating my growing lack of motivation for the cause in general.
    Pls do not give up now - it would be brilliant if you could create a draft letter - that would actually be the first real deliverable out of this thread.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-13-13 05:11 PM
    Okay, primarily because the incessant opposition to even just trying this proves to be a bigger motivation than the nay-sayers might have intended to, I am still going to take a shot at drafting something over the next couple of days, time permitting. No promises, though...
    08-14-13 02:30 AM
    There is no incessant opposition. I haven't seen anyone opposed to the idea of an update to the Playbook at all, let alone incessant about it. At most there are people that don't care if it happens or not. I would be in that camp. My guess is the majority of Playbook owners feel the same way.
    For me, at least, this isn't a negative outlook. The Playbook does what I want it to do now. The hardware is two years old. Batteries are beginning to fail.
    Lets look at it from BlackBerry's view, what do they have to gain by putting any more effort into the Playbook platform?
    08-14-13 04:43 AM
    We must be reading different threads differently then. Statements that I am "removed from reality" for even TRYING this, does sound like opposition to me (and believe me there are others and not just directed at me). Calling it incessant might be a bit strong, I'll grant you that, should probably have called in continuous instead....
    08-14-13 04:59 AM
826 ... 1314151617 ...