It will at least spread misery over the whole of Crackberry equally. Now the Playbook user base (as we already made our peace with all this bad news) can comfort the others
    08-12-13 09:29 AM
    It will at least spread misery over the whole of Crackberry equally. Now the Playbook user base (as we already made our peace with all this bad news) can comfort the others
    Hahahahahaha no 10.2 update. There will be a riot!!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-12-13 09:38 AM
    Could you please concentrate on fishing? The fish are giving up their time to be there for you, at least you could pay them the respect of devoting your time to them instead of just drawing bait whilst you play on your pb?
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    08-12-13 09:39 AM
    Could you please concentrate on fishing? The fish are giving up their time to be there for you, at least you could pay them the respect of devoting your time to them instead of just drawing bait whilst you play on your pb?
    While my avatar seems to imply otherwise, I do my fishing in a fishing boat (Dutch, remember), plenty of time to play with my Playbook, although the Wifi-reception is lousy.

But playtime over? Back to action, anyone?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-12-13 10:06 AM
    And here people are complaining about us whining the playbook update. Wait til the 10.2 not coming to the Z10 and Q10. LOL!!!
    Well at least if 10.2 doesn't get officially released, we can go get the leaked version.
    08-12-13 11:05 AM
    While my avatar seems to imply otherwise, I do my fishing in a fishing boat (Dutch, remember), plenty of time to play with my Playbook, although the Wifi-reception is lousy.

But playtime over? Back to action, anyone?
    08-12-13 12:18 PM
    Blackberry was openly investigating on all possible options for the company - that was a year ago - so what.

The news from today should not prevent PB users to fight for getting into a conversation with BB about future upgrades.
    08-12-13 12:26 PM
    I agree completely. As launching new stuff might be problematic addressing some "legacy" issues might be a good way to spend the time.

@S_O_M - I'll take it under advisement.
    08-12-13 12:36 PM
    Well I tried via Facebook and Twitter and got a response that they can't comment on product support... helpful!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 12:45 PM
    What was the specific question you posed to them, if I may ask?
    08-12-13 12:58 PM
    Maybe we can start by asking which updates they have in mind themselves (BB) and go from there?

Posted via CB10
    N-O-N-E
    08-12-13 01:05 PM
    Hmmm - to be honest, I dont like that at all. [stable 4.x Android player] I have not bought a Blackberry device to run Android apps.
    oh, then we have less than no hope, this really is one of the basic updates that would make a lot more apps portable or possible, whether you like it or not on principle.
    08-12-13 01:48 PM
    oh, then we have less than no hope, this really is one of the basic updates that would make a lot more apps portable or possible, whether you like it or not on principle.
    I don't think it's a matter of principle. The message you send to Blackberry if that is your main request is one that doesn't necessarily motivate them enough.
    08-12-13 01:52 PM
    Surely not providing any further updates is a security risk in itself. All the news I read today I fear BB have a lot more on their mind than the playbook. Still worth hassling them though.

Seems to me like Thor is finally reaping what he sowed. A catalogue of serious errors of judgement and the whole Playbook episode was one of them. Not for trying to get into the market but for not seeing it through properly.

As I once replied to someone on twitter that said the Playbook was a joke. It wasn't a joke, it was the punchline. Blackberry is the joke and the Playbook was the end of it.

Who Would Buy BlackBerry?
    08-12-13 01:59 PM
    All the news I read today I fear BB have a lot more on their mind than the playbook. Still worth hassling them though.
    In my mode of extremely positive thinking these changes will leave the developers without anything meaningful to do, hence more willingness to help us... (but: "extremely positive thinking")
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-12-13 02:11 PM
    I asked what support there would be going forward, and mentioned specifics such as android runtime, browser etc. I also asked for no silly standard response about "strategy" not what I wanted to hear.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 02:19 PM
    You could add a more performant keyboard with a better correction system. Something that looks like the bb10 system. I think it's a major point. I hope it's not too late

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Aminator; 08-14-13 at 02:27 PM.
    08-12-13 09:13 PM
    Hahahahahaha no 10.2 update. There will be a riot!!
    And I'd be laughing out loud at all those who were telling PB owners to shut up and stop whining.
    My signature is a month old.
    Am I a prophet?
    08-13-13 08:32 AM
    Am I a prophet?
    Prophet might be too strong of a word, but yes, I get your point!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-13-13 09:05 AM
    Prophet might be too strong of a word, but yes, I get your point!
    Thought you'd gone fishing?
    08-13-13 09:06 AM
    Okay, I had already bowed down from this thread at least once and I am still top poster in this thread (must be doing something wrong in the "goodbye" department). Here's the deal: I'd be a willing to try to draft a letter to Blackberry concerning the fixing of some troublesome issues and the open sourcing of some of the PB default apps, but I would really need someone to address this to, preferably in the devs department, as I think "customer services" just isn't equipped to adequately judge/handle this kind of request. So who could we send this to for the best chance at some (albeit possibly minor) success?
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    08-13-13 09:12 AM
    Thought you'd gone fishing?
    Told you already: fishing boat, long days at sea...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-13-13 09:14 AM
    Okay, I had already bowed down from this thread at least once and I am still top poster in this thread (must be doing something wrong in the "goodbye" department). Here's the deal: I'd be a willing to try to draft a letter to Blackberry concerning the fixing of some troublesome issues and the open sourcing of some of the PB default apps, but I would really need someone to address this to, preferably in the devs department, as I think "customer services" just isn't equipped to adequately judge/handle this kind of request. So who could we send this to for the best chance at some (albeit possibly minor) success?
    We'll have to wait and see who is the new CEO. Story of BB life. Another coming soon.
    08-13-13 09:44 AM
    We'll have to wait and see who is the new CEO. Story of BB life. Another coming soon.
    I don't think so, this needn't be addressed by a CEO, this is a project you'd have to get devs more or less enthusiastic about. Let them clear it with upper management.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-13-13 09:46 AM
    so how is this project going? any result or activity? don't really think anything can be done without BB releasing their source code anyway
    08-13-13 10:07 AM
826 ... 1213141516 ...