Just dawned on me, generally people want to buy into an "ecosystem" tablet and phone working together to get things done on the move. So given that here's Apples, Samsungs and Thors business model comparison.
    Apple
    Create Phone,Tablet and PC that work together with more apps than you can shake a ****ty stick at. No BBM though and no data compression.
    Samsung
    Create Phone,Tablet that work together with more apps than you can shake a ****ty stick at. No BBM though and no data compression.
    Blackberry
    Disconnect the Phone from existing tablet, stop any future tablets (won't be needed) Don't bother getting any app developers on board with financial incentives. Spend Money on a legacy device while promoting your new range. Stop data compression and finally GIVE BBM TO YOUR COMPETITORS but take it away from your customers!

Has anyone checked into Thors background and made sure he hasn't been planted there by one of the other two companies. Now that's a conspiracy theory I would be interested in reading about
    Seems like if your thinking of making the switch to the dark side buy would miss your BBM, Thors made it simpler for you.
    glasgowguy and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    08-09-13 05:31 AM
    @AWB70
    @asaunders @Pugs40 Best compen/PR exercise for BB is make small improvements to OS2 for its loyal followers who were going to buy into #BB10
    Commendable attempt at action IMHO. Your conspiracy theory, however amusing, might however belong in one of the many Blackberry conspiracy threads around, not so much in this still laughingly called "Action Thread".
    08-09-13 05:57 AM
    No reply to it so far but Alec wishing there was a different outcome could possibly mean he would have like there to be continuation for the Playbook but the decision was out of his hands.
    Is it worth piling into the converstaion to help raise profile - isn't this the point of raising profile of the discontentment?
    08-09-13 06:10 AM
    @AWB70

Commendable attempt at action IMHO. Your conspiracy theory, however amusing, might however belong in one of the many Blackberry conspiracy threads around, not so much in this still laughingly called "Action Thread".
    Thanks, Although the conspiracy theory was just for giggles I did think to myself if I did move to samsung I would miss all my BBM people and ping, I realised BBM was moving Android. Still think he may be batting for the other side though (not in the homophobic sense *disclaimer) you're probably right about the action part of the thread. Would have been nice to have had a lot more followers before approaching the big guns but as this is time sensitive might as well go for the jugular now!
    Is it worth piling into the converstaion to help raise profile - isn't this the point of raising profile of the discontentment?
    Anything is worth a shot. As discussed Alec is not responsible for the decision and perhaps didn't like it himself. He may raise awareness with people that could make a difference and I guess the like could also be done by CB staff. I'm not familiar with head honchos in BB, I'm only aware of Alec because he was the "messenger" of the bad news and the final person officially from BB who said it was over. Perhaps we now need to investigate who, on twitter from BB is the person most likely to get some mileage from and who's job it is to answer dissatisfied customers opinions? Emailing them as suggested in previous posts can just be ignored. Twitter can't be ignored and is public they are also on the pay roll to deal with these type of questions. So if we are going to bombard someone now they should be definitely in the cross hairs. If we are going to do it now everyone who has shown discontent and is signed up to twitter NEEDS to to do this as one. Any suggestions?
    axllebeer likes this.
    08-09-13 06:31 AM
    Although the conspiracy theory was just for giggles
    I know, I was just teasing you...
    08-09-13 06:35 AM
    I was officially told today by BlackBerry Canada that BlackBerry Bridge for bb10 users WILL NOT BE HAPPENING!!!!!

I have asked what kind of buy back scheme BlackBerry will be offering to those victims of their false promises and when will their CEO be resigning.

I'm waiting on their response.. which of course I will publish on here.

Watch this space!

Posted via CB10 using my POXY Z10!
    08-09-13 02:33 PM
    Would love some official information to help me decide if PlayBook is worth replacing. BlackBerry need to stop with so much silence on the issue. Now we know that BB10 isn't coming give us clear information on what IS going to be done for the PlayBook! Sooner rather than later please.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 02:58 PM
    It's not great that Fake Thorsten has more followers on twitter than @savetheplaybook

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThorstenHeinCEO

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 03:39 PM
    Would love some official information to help me decide if PlayBook is worth replacing. BlackBerry need to stop with so much silence on the issue. Now we know that BB10 isn't coming give us clear information on what IS going to be done for the PlayBook! Sooner rather than later please.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think there is anyhing they have to announce the guy who worked on the pb stuff is in another department or fired I couldn't find the article but I read a while ago. they said only security updates but I don't think they'll even do that

edit: sorry for the misinformation but apparently he quit http://ph.news.yahoo.com/exec-respon...204043212.html
    08-09-13 04:17 PM
    I was officially told today by BlackBerry Canada that BlackBerry Bridge for bb10 users WILL NOT BE HAPPENING!!!!!

I have asked what kind of buy back scheme BlackBerry will be offering to those victims of their false promises and when will their CEO be resigning.

Watch this space!

Good luck with that. Just like the action.
    08-09-13 04:22 PM
    engadget.com has a tip us button in the top right to tell them stories
    08-09-13 04:52 PM
    Hey I thought up a new saying.

Whenever someone has jerked you around, mislead you, or plain ripped you off the expression or term used instead of you've been Rick-Rolled to:

You've been BlackBerryed". (You've been screwed over/lied to)
    Man, I'd do a BlackBerry on them (Screw someone over)
    They did a BlackBerry on you. (You got ripped off)

Man, they used you up, they did a BlackBerry on you good!

(They used you, then discarded you, like the did with the PlayBook, saying the PlayBook would get BB10 to move dead PlayBook stocks, generate excitement on the new BB10 rollout.... then wait 8-9 months later in so as to not affect BB10 device sales very quietly during a 2013-0-28 "Earnings Call" kill the PlayBook when they knew way back Sep-2012 they PlayBook would not run BB10.)

Wife left you?
    You've been BlackBerried dude

I thnk it's a very good idea!
    I am not good at it but I can donate to setup a website
    blackberry-dictionary
    with xamples such as yours (excellent).
    "Blackberied" of the day/week/month award
    Link it to reddit

It can go viral.

As you have the copyrights to this idea so please add blackberried enrty here:
    Urban Dictionary, August 9: gynotician

Playbook Community Action Thread-bb-soap.png
    08-09-13 05:35 PM

Watch this space!

I'm very keen to hear what exactly they said because that in itself is wrong - there is a bridge for BB10, it is just obviously a practical joke in terms of functionality. What was this source and what did they actually say, as that conflicts with what they have stated in public channels previously (well that's never happened before has it ) is this just a support analyst talking expansively without full knowledge, or is there more to this?

Their official blog long ago when announcing Bridge 3.x said they would add in newer features, but anyone who holds their breath waiting obviously has more trust than most, and had better get used to being mor re purple than a ribena berry.
    08-09-13 05:50 PM
    Found some info that can be added to the "Letter", Petition, whatever you want to call it.

History rhymes: Android dominates smartphones like Windows dominated PCs | ZDNet
    ZDNET.com
    DATE: 2013-08-07 (August 7th, 2013)
    Google's Android market share approached 80 percent as Apple ceded share in the second quarter to wind up with 13.2 percent of the smartphone operating system market, according to IDC. In other words, Android is doing to Apple what Microsoft did in PCs decades earlier.
    ~Snip~

Should Apple get its low-cost iPhone rolling it can close the Android gap a bit. In fact, the mobile ecosystem may cheer for some platform to keep Android from being too dominant. Windows Phone shipments surged in the second quarter, but still represents a paltry 3.7 percent share. BlackBerry has 2.9 percent smartphone OS share.
    BlackBerry = 2.9% Market share, NEGATIVE - 11.7 Change Over Rate , And this is with the new super duper wiz bang new BB10 OS powered devices?
    Playbook Community Action Thread-androidvsios-620x481.png
    BlackBerry = 2.9% Market share, NEGATIVE - 11.7 Change Over Rate , And this is with the new super duper wiz bang new BB10 OS powered devices?

When you have numbers like that and have a 2.9<3.1 BILLION DOLLAR warchest you can pull funds from and you are debit free ... and you have 2.7 MILLION PlayBook owners out there you could make "Happy", and like a new kid with a shinny new toy showing it off they could become YOUR BEST SALESMEN...

(And at least 100,000+ of them purchasing after assurances the PlayBook would get updated to BB10 OS with ALL that entails, fixing problems ongoing since day one the PlayBook came out, and not been updated to keep it CURRENT (EG PlayBook Android run-time still at 2.3, Android at 4.xxx)

You don't kill off a major OS update.

2.7million units
    @1% ,that's 27,000 Salesmen you added to your SALES FORCE.

PS: BlackBerry, By killing off the promised BB10 OS for the larger percentage of those that bought (like me) ONLY because BB10 was to come to the PlayBook you really irritate those 100,000 into being lifelong boy-cotters of your products and telling everyone to stay away from BlackBerry.

You need to man-up and deliver.

There must be LEAD in the water up in WaterLoo.
    imz and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    08-10-13 01:57 AM
    I'm very keen to hear what exactly they said because that in itself is wrong - there is a bridge for BB10, it is just obviously a practical joke in terms of functionality. What was this source and what did they actually say, as that conflicts with what they have stated in public channels previously (well that's never happened before has it ) is this just a support analyst talking expansively without full knowledge, or is there more to this?

Their official blog long ago when announcing Bridge 3.x said they would add in newer features, but anyone who holds their breath waiting obviously has more trust than most, and had better get used to being mor re purple than a ribena berry.
    It's quite simple really....WHAT YOU HAVE GOT IS ALL YOUR GETTING...NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.
    08-10-13 02:12 AM
    It's quite simple really....WHAT YOU HAVE GOT IS ALL YOUR GETTING...NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.
    Thanks for your constructive criticism.
    @all - Apart from the question, what to do exactly, I seriously propose to stop the pretense we'd have to wait for "strength in numbers". The message is clear, the way to deliver the message is still somewhar debatable. but waiting for others to join in is at this point a recipe for disaster IMHO.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-10-13 03:37 AM
    Found some info that can be added to the "Letter", Petition, whatever you want to call it.

History rhymes: Android dominates smartphones like Windows dominated PCs | ZDNet

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	androidvsios-620x481.png 
Views:	342 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	191277

When you have numbers like that and have a 2.9<3.1 BILLION DOLLAR warchest you can pull funds from and you are debit free ... and you have 2.7 MILLION PlayBook owners out there you could make "Happy", and like a new kid with a shinny new toy showing it off they could become YOUR BEST SALESMEN...

(And at least 100,000+ of them purchasing after assurances the PlayBook would get updated to BB10 OS with ALL that entails, fixing problems ongoing since day one the PlayBook came out, and not been updated to keep it CURRENT (EG PlayBook Android run-time still at 2.3, Android at 4.xxx)

You don't kill off a major OS update.

2.7million units
    @1% ,that's 27,000 Salesmen you added to your SALES FORCE.

PS: BlackBerry, By killing off the promised BB10 OS for the larger percentage of those that bought (like me) ONLY because BB10 was to come to the PlayBook you really irritate those 100,000 into being lifelong boy-cotters of your products and telling everyone to stay away from BlackBerry.

You need to man-up and deliver.

There must be LEAD in the water up in WaterLoo.
    good math,,, i said way back before they released the "Z", that they should've given the pb its' "10" update, thereby promoting the os from within, so to speak...
    Angus_CB likes this.
    08-10-13 09:57 AM
    ...the message is clear, the way to deliver the message is still somewhar debatable.
    If the message is really clear we just need someone to stand up and write the message on change.org - via this channel it can easily (and in a professional and transparent way) be delivered to Blackberry. Any volunteers with English as their motherlanguage and good writing skills?
    08-10-13 12:23 PM

Watch this space!

By email? Why don't you use phone call.
    08-10-13 06:11 PM
    hey guys, long time no see, I just came in here to say that since BB shafted ME and everyone else who bought a PB I gave them the shaft by buying a surface RT tablet and have never been so happy! lets be honest here and realize that BB totally told every owner to go F@@k urselves and not support us (by not upgrading to OS10) who have supported them by buying their PB...so with that said I am in the process of selling my 2 PB's and never going back to a BB product....EVER! Now I am enjoying making wallpapers for my Surface and I humbly suggest everyone move on...
    08-10-13 10:27 PM
    hey guys, long time no see, I just came in here to say that since BB shafted ME and everyone else who bought a PB I gave them the shaft by buying a surface RT tablet and have never been so happy! lets be honest here and realize that BB totally told every owner to go F@@k urselves and not support us (by not upgrading to OS10) who have supported them by buying their PB...so with that said I am in the process of selling my 2 PB's and never going back to a BB product....EVER! Now I am enjoying making wallpapers for my Surface and I humbly suggest everyone move on...
    Does this mean I have to move to the RT to enjoy your talents? I did wonder what happened to the Wallpaper King!

Do drop in anyway.
    08-10-13 11:25 PM
    nope, I just posted a new wall for everyone here in the crackberry fans, cuzz that's what you fan(atics) are LMAO
    but it does mean you should move to an RT if you want peace of mind and FUN!
    FF22 likes this.
    08-10-13 11:36 PM
    Personally I think this little Action thread is fragile enough as is. Good for you that you found a replacement for the Playbook. But sadly that's not what this specific thread is about. Try one of the 9 million threads on the subject in these Playbook forums.
    Currently I am thinking (but ATM it's only just a thought) that it might be interesting to dedicate a little website to the current strengths and weaknesses of the little Playbook, a little history of the "promise" and how the Playbook could conceivably be improved and to get the message across in such manner.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-11-13 04:13 AM
    BlackBerried.com
    ?
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    08-11-13 07:50 AM
    While I understand the frustration with Blackberry over the abandonment of the Playbook I don't believe any amount of coaxing, pleading or threatening will convince them to release any further OS updates or at least any update with significant coding.

The most we could hope for are some very simple changes.
    Enable USB-OTG.
    Allow the user to set the default apps for file types. Browser, and media players mainly.
    Asking Blackberry for anything beyond that seems a little silly. Even if they agreed they haven't got the skills to pull it off.
    Origami Browser and KalemSoft Media Player are both better than anything Blackberry has come up with, even when they had the time and intentions of creating a good product. What kind of job would they do when trying to satisfy a few disgruntled customers?

The lack of participation in the polls is a poll result in itself. There aren't that many people that really care if Blackberry releases an update or not.
    The OP for this thread has shown this also. He hasn't updated the first post since July 18, one day after the thread was started.
    08-11-13 08:40 AM
826 ... 1011121314 ...