I can appreciate this thread and all the ideas generated by it. I have followed the channel and the facebook page and even followed on twitter even though I dont use them very much. I only just discovered this thread today but I see the activity has slowed down and i am sad to see that.

With all the ideas I see i think we should keep in mind (IMO) we should not do anything that will give the media something they can put out saying something like "Blackberry loyal turning on the company" or "Loyal playbook owners start Kickstarter page to save Blackberry" thats all Blackberry needs.

I am a loyal BB fanatic, and i am greatly dissappointed in this Playbook mess. I am an owner of 4 Playbooks, 1 first day out and 3 I'v purchased later with hopes of BB10 goodness.....I had all sorts of grand ideas that I could use them for. Now they are basically paperweights for me. I hope we get some action from this!
    FF22 likes this.
    08-05-13 05:13 PM
    I can appreciate this thread and all the ideas generated by it. I have followed the channel and the facebook page and even followed on twitter even though I dont use them very much. I only just discovered this thread today but I see the activity has slowed down and i am sad to see that.

With all the ideas I see i think we should keep in mind (IMO) we should not do anything that will give the media something they can put out saying something like "Blackberry loyal turning on the company" or "Loyal playbook owners start Kickstarter page to save Blackberry" thats all Blackberry needs.

I am a loyal BB fanatic, and i am greatly dissappointed in this Playbook mess. I am an owner of 4 Playbooks, 1 first day out and 3 I'v purchased later with hopes of BB10 goodness.....I had all sorts of grand ideas that I could use them for. Now they are basically paperweights for me. I hope we get some action from this!

Spread the word, @savetheplaybook. The problem is most are doing it via this post and not commenting and followi g the twitter feed. The twitter feed is by far the best medium for drawing attention but numbers are low. I don't believe this is by lack off support but lack of people as you were not knowing. When followers are higher all the previous ideas, emails, polls etc will carry far more weight and doing it publicly will give Blackberry more incentive to react. (if they do care about PR that is) It can only lose momentum if we let it.
    08-05-13 05:39 PM
    I have just extended the duration of the polls to give additional voters a chance to make their voice heard ...

As we have not reached a significant number of responses I will put all other activities on hold - with just a few users backing this up any action as discussed on this thread would just be useless.

I will closely watching the twitter account to see if the number of followers is ramping up - with more folks joining in the possibility of BB listening to their customers will increase.

Why are PB users not interested to "speak to BB" - my guesses:
    A. They are happy with their PB as it is.
    B. They already moved on to another model.
    C. They dont need a tablet anymore as they are using a new BB10 model.
    Last edited by schwede; 08-08-13 at 12:59 AM.
    08-07-13 05:44 AM
    B - sold one, second one next week
    C - Z10s will be replaced soon by non-BB smartphones

BlackBerry don't need loyal customers
    Customers don't need BlackBerry

I call it even

Let them follow Palm if they want it so bad
    ViBogdan likes this.
    08-07-13 08:03 AM
    08-07-13 07:40 PM
    Although I bowed out from this initiative at least once now (for personal reasons, I might add), I think some serious action is needed to salvage this action thread. My proposal would be to drop the idea of going to the press with this and state as convincing a claim as possible to Blackberry themselves to help us in our plight (of limitations to OS and apps). My reasoning for this has always been, that you are going to need their help anyway, so why not ask nicely. Nothing much will come from that either, probably, but that way we at least can say we tried something! The way things are going now, I'm afraid we can't even convincingly claim that (no offense to all those involved, BTW).
    amiteo likes this.
    08-08-13 03:37 AM
    Blackberry already wiped their hands of the playbook. While the intentions maybe good, sadly they will fall on deaf ears

Just chalk it up to a lesson learned.
    Sure your next purchase of a tablet won't be a blackberry.
    08-08-13 03:54 AM
    This is not a time for realism. This is a time for action. And those two are not really all that related anyway...
    08-08-13 04:06 AM
    Ironically, I think like Blackberry we're suffering from bad marketing. It's going to take time to get enough people to get behind this campaign to get enough numbers to make an impact on Blackberrys thinking. Ultimately it may not be down to them, hopefully third parties will get involved and people will still end up with a good enough functioning tablet for everyday use. BUT, and like J LO it's a big one. BB as a company has taken a massive credibility hit in my eyes.

When I first came across Crackberry I came across people with high post counts slating BB for never being good for their word, seeing things through or making promises they never keep. To be fair I just sort of wrote them off as I had never experienced any of this. As my journey with BB as progressed I have now plenty of experience. As a company Thor seems to want to take on Iphone and in all fairness that's where the big money is. BB on the other hand is a niche market for business use, there I've said it. I know BB fans don't want it to be the case but it simply is.
    So before anyone accuses me of trying to be a wanna be armchair CEO I am in real world a Managing Director of a company and have been since 2006. Here are some observations of mine with using Blackberry for the last 4/5 years...
    Core customers, business use. In my world I started working with small shopfitting outfits and medium sized construction companies. I give these long standing customers plenty of my time, without them I wouldn't be here and if all else fails a loyal customer base will see you through the bad times. BB have succeeded in alienating it's loyal customers. Not only from the Playbook community but in general. The move from OS7 to BB10 has caused many business users not to upgrade. I'm talking outlook sync etc here. I often find these days that to get my Z10 working as fluid as my legacy device was requires lots of workarounds using third parties. I now have reverted back to my old 9800 torch for everyday business use and mainly use the Z10 as a toy at weekends.
    At meetings I notice that, before it was pretty much a done deal to see BB's on the table. I now notice there's a mix of Iphone and legacy devices on the table and most people haven't upgraded to BB10 phones yet for the reasons above.
    It would have been a far better strategy for Blackberry to have kept all these core things working and added the toys in later, gradually!
    It astounds me that in a world where the future seems to be a phone that connects to your tablet is what people want and if possible the same make. That Blackberry don't think there is a future in this! Yep, the people at Apple and Samsung have got this totally wrong, idiots. Or, is Thor a clown? To already have this running then ditch the whole thing in it's infancy then on top of this disconnect what you already have from your future devices is a bewildering move to me. When Thor eventually gets his head out from his narcissistic, I know better than all the other companies that are out selling me arse, sells the company to someone who understands the market better or gets voted out by the shareholders. Not necessarily in the that order. Blackberry will be so far behind the market it's going to have an up hill battle on it's hands. The better decision for the company would have been to drop Thor not the tablet. By the time BB get back on the tablet market to go with the phone, or ecosystem as I often hear people say these days. BB's fan base will be walking round with their new Samsung ecosystem.
    The people that will genuinely suffer from this will be the shareholders. I feel for them.
    08-08-13 04:24 AM
    Although I bowed out from this initiative at least once now (for personal reasons, I might add), I think some serious action is needed to salvage this action thread. My proposal would be to drop the idea of going to the press with this and state as convincing a claim as possible to Blackberry themselves to help us in our plight (of limitations to OS and apps). My reasoning for this has always been, that you are going to need their help anyway, so why not ask nicely. Nothing much will come from that either, probably, but that way we at least can say we tried something! The way things are going now, I'm afraid we can't even convincingly claim that (no offense to all those involved, BTW).
    I really admire your persistence and kind manner........BUT let me tell you how I see things.

Thor told us that the PB is part of their grand master plan to take over the world. It would get BB10 and all the goddies that come along with the new OS. So very promising. We, the PB owners, would be taken care of and treated as good loyal customers.

If Thor would have come out and said: ok guys, I did my best. BB10 on the PB would be hhhhoooorible. We just cannot make it possible. BUT I will give you guys constant support, I will make BB10 phones work in harmony with your device and I will have developers working on porting BB10 and android apps to your device. Understand me I did my best but I could not fulfill my promise. But I can at least make it up somehow.

But instead he just said: "....well....BB10 on the PB sucks. So I'm not going to even acknowledge that you(the users) or your devices ever existed. And I'm gonna lock your device down so you can't do anything to it". And then he stuck his fingers in his ears and started saying loudly "la la la la la la la la la la....I can't hear you....la la la la la"

Now you tell me that this guy is worth having a chat with! Tell me that we can knock some sense into him! No way....I see no point or reason really. I would just be a lot of time and effort granted to a useless cause.

If he would have been open to discussion ok then...let's talk! But he's not. So I'm just gonna use my PB for the rest of it's short life and then just switch to an iPad or an Android tablet. Simple. I'm just gonna pretend like they never existed. Touche Thor!

PS. When I bought the PB 8 months ago, I was planning on getting 3 phones from the new lineup.....not anymore!
    08-08-13 04:28 AM
    From what I gather mate up to press BB have not replied to anyone's email and have refrained from getting drawn into the discussion or possible solutions. The plan at the moment that most people seem to be in agreement on is....
    1. Get Followers @savethebook up into over the 1000+ mark
    2. Send results of the Poll and mass emailing to someone with some weight @blackberry
    3. See if there is a response and what that is.
    4.Good response work, with BB and third parties to see what can be done. Some money may have to change hands in donations to Devs
    5.Bad response, publicly humiliate BB on the likes of Twitter just to feel better and buy into some other companies "ecosystem"
    WeAreNotAlone and schwede like this.
    08-08-13 04:35 AM
    Complete rewrite of my original response (as I was in error):
    Don't you think any kind of action that's too public will be perceived as a humiliation anyway? And looking at the current climate here at Crackberry any action depending on strength in numbers would seem doomed also. You do not need to wait for some magical goal. You have to act now (or "forever hold your tongue"). At least that's how I see it.
    Last edited by Hirazi Blue; 08-08-13 at 05:08 AM.
    08-08-13 04:42 AM
    So what are you actually going to achieve after you've publicly humiliated them (as any public action will be perceived as such)?
    A little bit of satisfaction that the decision to empty hard earned cash out my pocket with a web of lies only to drop the product with no apparent customer satisfaction reason and based purely on profit margin has gone without any consequence. Maybe?
    Dream on, if you truly think that road will get you any improvements on the current issues with the Playbook.
    Everyone here is thus far begging Blackberry to reconsider and trying to help, including buying into BB10 as their next device helping an already struggling company further. If you read through the issue here is that BB is stone walling it's customers. It shouldn't and hopefully should not reach the stage of public humiliation. Granted it's heading in that direction so give us an option if you have have a better idea? One piece of positive dialogue from BB would be enough to make people think they are listening to their customers.
    Oh, and I am - still - not your mate
    I'm from England, mate is a generic term for friend. I treat all people as such until they prove other wise. Sounds a bit clich�, but the old adage that strangers are just friends you haven't met yet still applies in my life philosophy. Don't worry though, that doesn't mean we will be sharing cold showers together or running through fields of flowers hand in hand just yet. It's just a friendly regional way of of completing a sentence that some see as being civil. If it offends you I will refrain in the interests of not being over familiar
    msps and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    08-08-13 05:08 AM
    � see you responded to the post I since deleted (as I found I was "in error), which isn't your fault BTW. And yes, I know about the "mate", mate. That was meant in jest (in reminiscence of the South Park skit)... I have never claimed my proposed course of action to be the best one. Sitting around waiting for more participation, however, is definitively not. If you can't get it done now, you won't get anything done at all.
    But hey, at least I tried
    08-08-13 05:15 AM
    BlackBerry goodwill on a scale 0-10 scored between -8 and -9. They have written off thousands of loyal customers.
    It was their choice. They didn't have to do it.

There are two things that can force them to revert PB 'strategy' :
    1 the court
    2 the media
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    08-08-13 05:50 AM
    1 the court
    Funny, how everybody keeps bringing up the court. If you can find a meaningful way to go to court to get a ruling that applies to all worldwide customers, I am very much interested. But again: this will alienate BB even more. Might get you compensation, but no improvements, I'm afraid.
    08-08-13 06:02 AM
    ... sitting around waiting for more participation, however, is definitively not. If you can't get it done now, you won't get anything done at all.
    Under the given circumstance I tend to agree - I have lost hope that we will see twitter and voting numbers up to 1000.

I know it is wishful thinking - but if someone from the CB team would get involved creating and communicating that nice message it would definitely be a plus.

Anyone any practical suggestion about content of that message and where to send it to?
    08-08-13 06:10 AM
    CB is in BlackBerry pocket so no hope.

Looks like media is the last option remaining.

I suggested mailing PB boxes or just emailing eg Engadget or the Verge, a hundred boxes or few hundred emails a day would do I think, until they take it up with BB.
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    08-08-13 07:35 AM
    � see you responded to the post I since deleted (as I found I was "in error), which isn't your fault BTW. And yes, I know about the "mate", mate. That was meant in jest (in reminiscence of the South Park skit)... I have never claimed my proposed course of action to be the best one. Sitting around waiting for more participation, however, is definitively not. If you can't get it done now, you won't get anything done at all.
    Ok mate, I don't do South Park a lot although I have watched it and it is funny so it went over my head
    So we're all clear in this I want it to be known that I'm not a BB basher just for the sake of it. I have a vested interest in Blackberry and want them to succeed. Blackberry are old friends of mine and I owe them a lot. So, in the interest of balance I'll give them a big up...
    I am a tradesman not a businessman so running my own business didn't come naturally to me. I could never find the time to run my business and carry out the work. Starting off through the start of a recession (not through choice more of necessity) it was difficult to employ people. The best course of action was to carry out my own work on site and try and run the business after hours which left me washed out and seriously stressed as well as destroying my family life but the fridge is a hungry beast which needs filled and bank managers don't take iou's.
    I noticed that most meetings I went to other people had Blackberries and wondered what the big deal was so got myself one more to look like I knew what I was doing than what the phone did. At that time if you didn't have a BB you weren't taking seriously. Over the next year or so I started to realise that a Blackberry was a work of art. It did everything that I needed to do and then some. I got my life back and my stress levels reduced to a bearable point, as much as it can for having your own business and even referred to it as being "my office in my pocket"
    Productivity was up ten fold. Might have even saved my business through it's infancy!
    So, I bought into BB in a big way. I couldn't care less about apps because I'm a grown up essentially it had all the apps I needed. Everyone in my company was converted to BB and things were running sweet. We could collaborate where ever we were and everyone was reading from the same page with a minimum investment. I then got friends and family to buy into that, my daughter and I can BBM each other as if in the same room when I'm away working and my wife who was a total technophobe now wouldn't be without hers. The BB goal of "keep moving" was being lived out to the fullest. A total communication/business tool and for that I thank them.

THEN, BB10 is on the horizon and I get all excited about the future and buy a Z10 on release day in the UK even though my techie friends as well as sale people in shops tell me that BB is over. I had enough confidence to ignore that. On release I then find that my Z10 will no longer usb sync with outlook as well as various other niggles that can't be ironed out. Apps that I would say are main stream are now not available and getting the legacy devices calenders, notes and Z10 nigh on impossible without a certain amount of fannying about and working in the cloud. My employees are twisting their faces at me and my family are asking why can't they get some apps that they had before and I have to put time and effort back into workarounds which should never have been omitted in the final release of Z10. It was BB's bread and butter. I carry on regardless and after months of trying still BB don't seem to have moved much further forward than when BB10 was released. The final insult came with disconnecting my Playbook from my phone and discontinuing tablets.
    Regardless of the tablet, what I see now is less and less BB at site meetings. If BB had made a few small changes that people weren't happy with but realised and did something about it it could have been seen as teething troubles of a new OS and this lengthy post would have no need to be written. What has happened is that BB have destroyed just about everything that was good to main stream BB users in the quest to make an IPhone and that right there is a serious error of senior management. You can't just turn your back on all your loyal customers and try to get a whole new customer base over night. What will happen is your profit and share prices will plummet which is evident over the last few months. First few weeks of release any BB related help forums were bombarded with people complaining not because there was no significant improvement but because existing ones had been taken away. If you are in a business environment you are in fact better of sticking with a legacy device. Hence a new BB7 phone being released as perhaps even BB themselves knew this.
    I hope that goes some way as to explaining my personal animosity

Going forward, me ******** at BB can be seen as an old friend telling someone I care about with a good wife and kids to stop having an affair with some fickle money grabber. It's got the best interests of the company in mind. Thor is trying to compete in a market that he will never do well in and destroying the market share he already has in the process which in my eyes is business suicide. All good and well unless you happen to be a share holder in the company (which I am not as it happens)

Under the given circumstance I tend to agree - I have lost hope that we will see twitter and voting numbers up to 1000
    Twitter needs more #savetheplaybook posts in other playbook topics. From what I see so far people are following but not mentioning anywhere near enough IMO.

I know it is wishful thinking - but if someone from the CB team would get involved creating and communicating that nice message it would definitely be a plus.
    There was always going to be a conflict of interests which is why the comments made within this post would be better off in the twitter feed with a wider audience. I don't suppose CB staff would tell Thor that there is 30 or so member of the board playing up. Regardless of how they felt personally on the subject. Worth noting, CB is not an official source for the company and anything they post is just hear say and rumour from BB. I say that with the greatest of respect to the team for the service they provide but if you are going to put something on the likes of say The Gadget Show and ask for their support you need to have had that from the horses mouth.

The "nice" message needs to go to an official BB spokesman with a lot of followers waiting on the reply. A lot of these people can be contacted and have twitter feeds of their own.
    WeAreNotAlone and schwede like this.
    08-08-13 08:55 AM
    Just to lighten the mood a litle, the South Park skit I was referring to:
    AWB70 likes this.
    08-08-13 09:13 AM
    Ok mate, I don't do South Park a lot although I have watched it and it is funny so it went over my head
    So we're all clear in this I want it to be known that I'm not a BB basher just for the sake of it. I have a vested interest in Blackberry and want them to succeed. Blackberry are old friends of mine and I owe them a lot. So, in the interest of balance I'll give them a big up...
    I am a tradesman not a businessman so running my own business didn't come naturally to me. I could never find the time to run my business and carry out the work. Starting off through the start of a recession (not through choice more of necessity) it was difficult to employ people. The best course of action was to carry out my own work on site and try and run the business after hours which left me washed out and seriously stressed as well as destroying my family life but the fridge is a hungry beast which needs filled and bank managers don't take iou's.
    I noticed that most meetings I went to other people had Blackberries and wondered what the big deal was so got myself one more to look like I knew what I was doing than what the phone did. At that time if you didn't have a BB you weren't taking seriously. Over the next year or so I started to realise that a Blackberry was a work of art. It did everything that I needed to do and then some. I got my life back and my stress levels reduced to a bearable point, as much as it can for having your own business and even referred to it as being "my office in my pocket"
    Productivity was up ten fold. Might have even saved my business through it's infancy!
    So, I bought into BB in a big way. I couldn't care less about apps because I'm a grown up essentially it had all the apps I needed. Everyone in my company was converted to BB and things were running sweet. We could collaborate where ever we were and everyone was reading from the same page with a minimum investment. I then got friends and family to buy into that, my daughter and I can BBM each other as if in the same room when I'm away working and my wife who was a total technophobe now wouldn't be without hers. The BB goal of "keep moving" was being lived out to the fullest. A total communication/business tool and for that I thank them.

THEN, BB10 is on the horizon and I get all excited about the future and buy a Z10 on release day in the UK even though my techie friends as well as sale people in shops tell me that BB is over. I had enough confidence to ignore that. On release I then find that my Z10 will no longer usb sync with outlook as well as various other niggles that can't be ironed out. Apps that I would say are main stream are now not available and getting the legacy devices calenders, notes and Z10 nigh on impossible without a certain amount of fannying about and working in the cloud. My employees are twisting their faces at me and my family are asking why can't they get some apps that they had before and I have to put time and effort back into workarounds which should never have been omitted in the final release of Z10. It was BB's bread and butter. I carry on regardless and after months of trying still BB don't seem to have moved much further forward than when BB10 was released. The final insult came with disconnecting my Playbook from my phone and discontinuing tablets.
    Regardless of the tablet, what I see now is less and less BB at site meetings. If BB had made a few small changes that people weren't happy with but realised and did something about it it could have been seen as teething troubles of a new OS and this lengthy post would have no need to be written. What has happened is that BB have destroyed just about everything that was good to main stream BB users in the quest to make an IPhone and that right there is a serious error of senior management. You can't just turn your back on all your loyal customers and try to get a whole new customer base over night. What will happen is your profit and share prices will plummet which is evident over the last few months. First few weeks of release any BB related help forums were bombarded with people complaining not because there was no significant improvement but because existing ones had been taken away. If you are in a business environment you are in fact better of sticking with a legacy device. Hence a new BB7 phone being released as perhaps even BB themselves knew this.
    I hope that goes some way as to explaining my personal animosity

Going forward, me ******** at BB can be seen as an old friend telling someone I care about with a good wife and kids to stop having an affair with some fickle money grabber. It's got the best interests of the company in mind. Thor is trying to compete in a market that he will never do well in and destroying the market share he already has in the process which in my eyes is business suicide. All good and well unless you happen to be a share holder in the company (which I am not as it happens)

Twitter needs more #savetheplaybook posts in other playbook topics. From what I see so far people are following but not mentioning anywhere near enough IMO.

There was always going to be a conflict of interests which is why the comments made within this post would be better off in the twitter feed with a wider audience. I don't suppose CB staff would tell Thor that there is 30 or so member of the board playing up. Regardless of how they felt personally on the subject. Worth noting, CB is not an official source for the company and anything they post is just hear say and rumour from BB. I say that with the greatest of respect to the team for the service they provide but if you are going to put something on the likes of say The Gadget Show and ask for their support you need to have had that from the horses mouth.

The "nice" message needs to go to an official BB spokesman with a lot of followers waiting on the reply. A lot of these people can be contacted and have twitter feeds of their own.
    Well said.

I have a idea for a youtube video to illustrate the issues of nothing working.

Video shows the people of BlackBery with the sames issues you are describing... Nothing works, shows employees whispering between themselves how they did the PlayBook dirty, expanding on how it won't sync up /pair anymore... and they can't get any work done.

What would also be good to add to the video would be to do a segment interlacing a call to BlackBerry tech support in which tech support tells them to reboot the device, did that fix the problem? Alas if that didn't fix it, tough.

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 08-09-13 at 12:59 AM.
    08-09-13 12:31 AM
    Hey I thought up a new saying that needs to be added to terms people use these days.

Whenever someone has jerked you around, mislead you, or plain ripped you off the expression or term used instead of you've been Rick-Rolled or Ripped-Off to:

You've been BlackBerried". (You've been screwed over/lied to)
    Man, I'd do a BlackBerry on them (Screw someone over)
    They did a BlackBerry on you. (You got ripped off)

They've used you, then discarded you like the did with the PlayBook, saying the PlayBook would get BB10 to generate excitement on the new BB10 rollout and at the same time use this to move dead PlayBook stocks they previously couldn't give away ....
    (IMO BlackBerry purposely waited 8-9 months after they knew 2012-09 that Alpha Device "A" wouldn't run on the PlayBook to disclose they had "killed" the BB10 OS PlayBook update so as to not affect the BB10 OS rollout and BB10 device sales.
    Pretty underhanded to very quietly during a 2013-0-28 "Earnings Call" kill the PlayBook when they knew way back Sep-2012 they PlayBook would not run BB10.

The only thing that would justify them delaying manning up on this issue is there must be something in the water in Waterloo, Canada that is making them stupid.... that is if they didn't purposely use PlayBook owners to the ninth degree.

Guess they aren't that stupid as they cleared out all those out stocks of thousands upon thousands, upon thousands of UNSOLD PlayBooks that have been sitting in warehouses for 15-18 months+ and by delaying 8-9 months to release the info they have a "excuse" to deem the PlayBook EOL... and have gotten away with not addressing issues of the PlayBook OS, v2.xxx (2.xxx being the OS early adopters said the PlayBook should have shipped with 2+ yrs ago!)

All work on the 2.xxx OS being suspended what 2nd quater-2012, as BB10 was supposed to the OS of the future you know.

How convenient all this played out for BlackBerry.

Hence the term:

Man they used you up, they did a BlackBerry on you good!

Wife left you?
    You've been BlackBerried dude

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 08-18-13 at 03:58 PM.
    msps and RGLozon like this.
    08-09-13 12:54 AM
    From what I gather mate up to press BB have not replied to anyone's email and have refrained from getting drawn into the discussion or possible solutions. The plan at the moment that most people seem to be in agreement on is....
    1. Get Followers @savethebook up into over the 1000+ mark
    I've followed, but am not a huge twitter user. Noticed there are a couple of other playbook groups (e.g. @TeamPlaybook) who have 1000+ followers. Would it be possible to twitter their feed explaining we are trying to get support to then gain some voice with BBry? Try and get some of them to follow the feed as well?
    08-09-13 03:52 AM
    I tweeted them. Let's hope they listen. We need all the help we can get.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 04:03 AM
    Video shows the people of BlackBery with the sames issues you are describing... Nothing works, shows employees whispering between themselves how they did the PlayBook dirty, expanding on how it won't sync up /pair anymore... and they can't get any work done.
    Genuinely, this is something that will indeed be happening. There will be people who actually work for Blackberry right now using some other companies tablet to get work done on the move because the phone has limitations and in the back of their minds there will be this little voice saying "maybe I should get the phone to go with my tablet, but they'll go nuts at work" They can't talk to each other about it on Skype however because it's just been a preview since release

(They used you, then discarded you, like the did with the PlayBook, saying the PlayBook would get BB10 to move dead PlayBook stocks, generate excitement on the new BB10 rollout.... then wait 8-9 months later in so as to not affect BB10 device sales very quietly during a 2013-0-28 "Earnings Call" kill the PlayBook when they knew way back Sep-2012 they PlayBook would not run BB10.)
    Pretty much sums up what happened.
    I've followed, but am not a huge twitter user. Noticed there are a couple of other playbook groups (e.g. @TeamPlaybook) who have 1000+ followers. Would it be possible to twitter their feed explaining we are trying to get support to then gain some voice with BBry? Try and get some of them to follow the feed as well?
    Is exactly what we need to be doing, anything BB related needs tweeted with #savetheplaybook in the text to draw in people. I also am not a big twitter user but I try the same method.

I tweeted them. Let's hope they listen. We need all the help we can get.
    Nice one I hope it bears some fruit. @savetheplaybook is growing slowly but surely. The more of a buzz and mentions there is around it the quicker this will happen. Hell, people have brought down governments using this method I'm sure we can ask Blackberry for help doing the same. There is 2.5million users out there who need brought together. Another method, given that BB seems to be ignoring this is possibly app devs. Looking at the top three that has been voted third parties could surely make say the bridge function and make a pretty penny out of it I guess. Look at Origami browser, already some one with no vested interest other than donations as done a better job than Blackberry has in the last two years.

I also cheekily nipped into a Twitter conversation between Alec Saunders and someone who bought a Playbook because they wanted it go go with their BB10 phone, it went like this....
    @asaunders Too bad #bb10 is not going to be available for us with Playbooks. The potential to upgrade was one of the reason bought.
    @Pugs40 I wish there was a different outcome. Sorry.
    @asaunders Any plans to offer some type of compensation to #playbook purchasers?
    @Pugs40 I wish I had more information for you. Sorry.
    @asaunders It sounds like you are the messenger. TechHive July 17 article made it sound otherwise. Shooting the messenger is not a good idea
    @Pugs40 I have responsibility for a narrow but important piece of our business - developers. But I also believe in being straightforward.
    @AWB70UK
    @asaunders @Pugs40 Best compen/PR exercise for BB is make small improvements to OS2 for its loyal followers who were going to buy into #BB10
    No reply to it so far but Alec wishing there was a different outcome could possibly mean he would have like there to be continuation for the Playbook but the decision was out of his hands. Sounds to me that Blackberry people still have love for the Playbook but the decision was a financial one and came from higher up the food chain. Maybe anyway, the more people up the food chain are contacted about this the better IMO. I've nothing to lose and not here to make friends anyway. I have 12 months left on my Z10 contract left to run and will see how both the phone and the Playbook situation develops. Already I'm taking a look at Samsung Products, phone and tablets to compliment each other and seeing how they would fit into my business and life. Plus side so far is all apps seem to be there already and their tablet market has legs. Both issues most BB users don't seem to have the comfort of and for some Bizarre reason Thor seems to think is not the way forward. He may live to regret that decision.
    08-09-13 05:10 AM
826 ... 910111213 ...