You need organized protests.

If anyone listens to Clark Howard on the radio, then you will know he advocates demonstrating in front a car dealership when they sell someone a lemon of a car.

Not everyone can fly to Canada, but everyone can go to a local best buy or an at&t store or Verizon store and protest blackberry and/or sign a petition. If you get enough people to show, the local media will cover it. And then keep doing it every Saturday to encourage others to show up. The bigger cities would have the biggest impact. New York, LA, dallas...

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 10:26 AM
    how do i turn off email notifications???
    07-27-13 01:59 PM
    Click "Settings" in your own personal "control panel" at the top of the page. In the menu that shows up, click "Subscribed Threads" to get to the part where you can turn them off individually, i.e. per thread...
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    07-27-13 03:00 PM
    Ref upsetting blackberry, Nothing would make me happier than them to get on board with this. It's not a case of making things awkward for them when they don't need it. It's very constructive, these are genuine bb fans who are impressed already with a product they bought off them and want to improve on it further. Even offering their own level of expertise to help. BlackBerry should throw us a bone and let us know what's possible and get involved instead of fighting it alienating their customers further.
    Surely that's better than losing them to rival companies if they vote with their feet.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-27-13 03:17 PM
    Even if the OP seems to be on vacation or perhaps he got a good offer from BB (I dont hope anything bad has happened of course) I believe we would need to continue and use the little momentum this initiative had last week.

First point: the feature poll would need to get significantly more responses - having just 100 users who did vote for one or the other feature would be seen as a joke - there would need to be at least around 1000 votes for one of the features in order to show that this is an (almost) scientific poll with some significance. Only then there would be a basis for launching the second phase of this initiative containing the following activities:

1. Summarize the polls
      Action already assigned - completion date 04. August 2013
    2. Create Press Release
      Contact to professional writer required - who could help?
      Storyline: The promise // The effect of the promise // The latest BB announcement // PB user reactions // Suggestion of compromise to update OS // Major feature updates required // Outlook and potential scenarios for BB - target completion date 11. August 2013
    3. Issue Draft Press Release to Blackberry
      Draft press release to be send to public relations in order to give BB a chance to respond - issue date 13. August 2013
      Time window for potential response - 5 working days
    4. Issue Press Release to Tec Media as well as General Media in as Many Countries as Possible
      One lead per country required - who could help?
      List of respective media recipients to be created per country (name/webaddress/email for press releases) - completion date 11. August 2013
      Translate press release into target country languages - keep look&feel of original English press release - completion date 15. August 2013
      Final press release to be send to all media as indicated in country lists - issue date 26. August 2013

Many thanks to everyone who gets involved and takes on responsibilty for actions as per the above planning - please contact me via PM - main challenge would be to find a professional writer/journalist who would support this initiative - I will create an internal list of who would be covering which country.
    msps and Hirazi Blue like this.
    07-28-13 02:48 PM
    First of all: you're doing a good job, so this is not meant to criticize you.
    As we still want something from Blackberry shouldn�t the second step be contacting Blackberry in a non-aggressive manner, before making this whole affair public by writing potentially damaging (at least in their eyes) press releases?
    07-28-13 03:25 PM
    What are the official communication channels for getting in touch with Blackberry? I also agree both the poll and twitter feeds need more people to be taken seriously. I don't think lack of support is the issue but more every one is scattered. People are complaining all over the net but when you direct them to the twitter feed not many join. A concentrated effort is needed before drawing BB attention to it where they can be shown numbers involved with the poll with what they want.
    07-28-13 06:08 PM
    What are the official communication channels for getting in touch with Blackberry?
    I seriously do not know, I sort of assumed it must be possible to reach them as that was the "vibe" I was getting from the OP.

I don't think lack of support is the issue but more every one is scattered.
    At this point in time I don't know if that is true. The community seems scattered alright, but not so much in location as in opinion as to what course of action should be taken (if any).
    07-29-13 03:41 AM
    ... non-aggressive manner, before making this whole affair public by writing potentially damaging (at least in their eyes) press releases?
    There is no intention to introduce an aggressive style (see the suggested storyline) - there is actually step 3 defined to go to BB first before anything else will be published - in case something concrete comes back the following steps would be obsolete.

The contact with Blackberry could go via [email protected] - they are usually very sensitive to those kind of conversations.
    07-29-13 04:19 AM
    By "aggressive" I meant you shouldn't, IMHO, force them into a defensive mode by presenting them with a press release (that is, as the name implies, meant for release). In the admittedly unlikely event of this being played out in a friendly manner the initial approach should be obviously as friendly as possible...
    Again IMHO
    07-29-13 04:24 AM
    IMHO it should be very aggressive.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-29-13 08:15 AM
    So basically you want them to do work for the community, additional work they apparently currently do not see any need for and you want to achieve this by approaching them in an "aggressive" manner?
    07-29-13 10:19 AM
    So basically you want them to do work for the community, additional work they apparently currently do not see any need for and you want to achieve this by approaching them in an "aggressive" manner?
    Nasty, not nasty, aggressive, non aggressive. Pleading, pounding, praying or preying. I don't think we will see anything from them. So embarrassing them might at least be psychically rewarding!

They stopped OS2 development to give us BB10. They stopped BB10 development and gave us nothing. They took away the FULL Bridge. I don't think killing them with kindness is going to work and am willing to be proved wrong.
    07-29-13 11:05 AM
    So embarrassing them might at least be psychically rewarding!
    That's a valid position, one, however, that renders the poll utterly useless IMHO.
    07-29-13 11:12 AM
    If blackberry think it's just going to go away they are sadly mistaken. The only thing that is going to go away is their customers if they're not careful how they handle this. Which is why I mention official routes. Someone with some say from BlackBerry should pop in to some official channel and see what's going on and comment positively on what's doable and what's nor with Thor allocating minimum resources to it as a face saving exercise. I don't really advocate chasing them aggressively and would prefer them to be part of the solution but if they are going to lie twice to one million of their avid customers then say f you like it or lump it then they deserve everything they get. If it public humiliates them and that's bad for business I guess that is the bed they made so lie on it with all the consequences that come with it.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Robert Roger like this.
    07-29-13 01:03 PM
    Create Press Release
    Contact to professional writer required - who could help?
    Storyline: The promise // The effect of the promise // The latest BB announcement // PB user reactions // Suggestion of compromise to update OS // Major feature updates required // Outlook and potential scenarios for BB - target completion date 11. August 2013
    I could help, or at least I think I would.
    The problem is gathering the statistics and numbers (press release without numbers is boring) and also proofread.
    English isn't my first language, but I have dealt with many press release before.
    Hit me up!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-29-13 01:11 PM
    Hence unifying everything. There a various polls, twitter feeds and generally people complaining in forums. Until they all get into one place and this is presented to blackberry it will never get the attention it deserves. Is there a place at blackberry where these complaints will be heard? If the grievance is heard there and nothing is forthcoming then it's a done deal and time to move on. Probably into the hands of Samsung in my case anyway which is where I originally came from. Regardless if blackberry come out with the best phone in the world I would rather my hard earned was in someone's pocket with a better attitude towards customer satisfaction. I firmly belive that people who bought a lte or a bb10 phone to link that play book have a case legally. Not because of the decision not to support pb but because of the shortness of the period it was supported. Take a way the time bb10 was being promised out of the equation and I would say it was the least time any os had been supported. How long was the decision known not to support and why were customers not told when recently purchasing lte that it was knowingly sold without and support?

Posted via CB10
    FF22, axllebeer and Robert Roger like this.
    07-29-13 02:01 PM

I want them to their fecking job.

They see no need?

Since the last earning call just a month ago BlackBerry stock is 40% down and I'm sure peeing off thousands of blackberry now-ex-supporters contributed to this achievement
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-29-13 05:01 PM
    I want them to their fecking job.

They see no need?

Since the last earning call just a month ago BlackBerry stock is 40% down and I'm sure peeing off thousands of blackberry now-ex-supporters contributed to this achievement
    Hmm

8.67-0.21‎ (-2.36%‎)

I guess so.
    07-29-13 06:13 PM
    I can see some split in the way we think about this situation.
    And from my point of view:
    - The first one would be, If I have a BB10 devices, I do want BBRY to quit supporting PB and "DO" what they must to improve BB10. I don't care about CB members who bought the PB and ranting about updates instead of BB10. What they do would just set BBRY back and dragging along in term of development. Yes, this is how I feel if I have a BB10 device.
    - The second one, I would like to positioned myself as a part of the largest BlackBerry community in the world: CrackBerry. Even though I do have BB10 device, I would like to see BBRY stick to their promises, or at least make up to theirs. Why? Just think about in the coming years, when our Z10, Q10, or even A10 couldn't get the latest update and just left out, how would that feels?
    - The third one would be PB owners. Whether we bought it first day, or on sale, we want to use it and unlock its potential.

What happened in the past two years made me think that BBRY just hoping for a safe way out. They could put PB out of misery 6 months after it came out, and call it quit, just like HP did to their TouchPad. But they didn't. Instead they were giving promises and hopes while trying to sell as many PB as they could without doing a firesale.

Tech-wise, the PB's hardware is somewhat similar with my Galaxy Nexus (which just got the latest Android 4.3 update). Similar CPU, GPU, RAM, but my Galaxy Nexus has better resolution (720p) and camera.

I know we can't compare BB10 to iOS and Android in term of memory (RAM) usages, BB10 based on RTOS that is QNX. But one funny thing is, I can run two or more apps at the same time on my 1GB RAM PB memory (showcase mode) while not so much on 2GB RAM on Z10/Q10 memory?
    I never believed that PB can't run BB10 fluidly, never!
    It's just that current BB10 OS is somewhat not optimized enough to utilize the memory.

So my advice, stick together and support each other. YOU too could be the next "victim" of this kinda situation.
    07-29-13 08:04 PM
    how do i turn off email notifications???
    Curious, with 1,843 posts under your belt you don't know how to turn off e-mail notifications?

Got a joke that ties in with your question I think.

Q: How do i turn off email notifications???
    A: The PlayBook as released didn't have a stand alone e-mail client - so with BlackBerry's one and only Flagship tablet there is no need to turn off e-mail notifications.

07-30-13 01:44 AM
    Nasty, not nasty, aggressive, non aggressive. Pleading, pounding, praying or preying. I don't think we will see anything from them. So embarrassing them might at least be psychically rewarding!

They stopped OS2 development to give us BB10. They stopped BB10 development and gave us nothing. They took away the FULL Bridge. I don't think killing them with kindness is going to work and am willing to be proved wrong.
    Paying is what they only see
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-30-13 04:21 AM
    Curious, with 1,843 posts under your belt you don't know how to turn off e-mail notifications?

Got a joke that ties in with your question I think.

Q: How do i turn off email notifications???
    A: The PlayBook as released didn't have a stand alone e-mail client - so with BlackBerry's one and only Flagship tablet there is no need to turn off e-mail notifications.

I wouldn't make too big of a deal of SEAWARRIOR asking about a forum function. Everybody's got his/her strenghts and weaknesses. You, for one, tell lousy jokes!
    Last edited by Hirazi Blue; 07-30-13 at 05:59 AM.
    07-30-13 05:00 AM
    To all: as it has become clear some of you do not like the idea of a poll, maybe some of the people opposing the plan could come up with a clear alternative. We're on the clock here, people, all this must be organized before Blackberry goes under...
    07-30-13 05:04 AM
    Nothing wrong with the poll.
    Voted
    07-30-13 05:52 AM
826 ... 678910 ...