With all due respect.
    It sounds pathetic:
    'You betrayed me, you left me,
    Please, please, can we still be together.
    This is not anyone begging and pleading, and I'm not starting a flame war here but look at it this way:

A lot of us have PlayBooks. We can't sell them for a reasonable price, and I wouldn't want to anyway. So now what do we do? Physically mine are perfectly fine. The Axing of the PlayBook will lead to a lack of Dev support and many other things.

However, we still need to know what the definition of "continued support" even is. Maintenance updates, customer care, what is it?! There will be no BB10. Granted. Old news now. So I need to know what this means. With a few tweaks and the ability to run BB10 apps there's a ton of support now.

So what would you have us do? I still use the PlayBooks that I have, and I just want there to be support and a few little additions as well. @crackberrykevin said that he didn't want to see BB10 come to the PlayBook in the fashion it is on the phones and I agree. The UI on the PlayBook is fine. We just want something to be done.
    07-25-13 09:35 AM
    In all fairness I don't see how people without playbooks should complain. If support for BB10 phones was stopped in a year or so time because BB were putting all their time and money into the next new venture you would be smashing thors windows by now. To Say tech wise its ancient is diabolical. The new nexus is v similar hardware. Its down to BB not to support not because the PB is past its day. it has'nt even had its day yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    07-25-13 10:14 AM
    In all fairness I don't see how people without playbooks should complain. If support for BB10 phones was stopped in a year or so time because BB were putting all their time and money into the next new venture you would be smashing thors windows by now. To Say tech wise its ancient is diabolical. The new nexus is v similar hardware. Its down to BB not to support not because the PB is past its day. it has'nt even had its day yet.

I totally agree with the statement that the PlayBook hasn't even had it's day. They could support it, but they are choosing not to perhaps? Back to the whole continued support thing.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using the CB App
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-25-13 10:34 AM

You have nailed it. It has nothing to do with the age or the hardware. The OLD Rim rears its ugly head in the new BBRY guise and purposefully chose to abandon the PB. They could still support it with FIXES and FINISHES OWED on the OS2 Playbook. This was a decision they took without considering what they had originally promised, what they continually promised and what they reneged on their promise.

And, yes, they certainly can be counted on to do it again when the mood strikes them - dump support for xyz. We don't have the patience to sort things out.
    07-25-13 11:51 AM
    The new nexus is v similar hardware.
    You must be kidding...
    Revampd likes this.
    07-25-13 12:36 PM
    Anyone catch the CB podcast? Did the PlayBook get mentioned at all?

Posted via CB10 & my Z10
    07-25-13 03:38 PM
    You must be kidding...
    You're right, I should have worded that a bit better. Some of the hardware specs like the speakers, connections, full hd display, front facing camera etc are all new features on the nexus 7 being big upped. The playbook had all of these 2 years ago yet people are saying it's had it's day. It's fairer to say that on release the pb was way ahead of its time arguably. The product was let down by the company that made it and now the customer is paying the price for their bad management. I have a Z10 which I find to be an excellent phone and is BlackBerry new big thing bb10. The specs are better than most people's phones I know, as was the pb when I bought it So, here's the thing, why are BB users sideloading android apps and still complaining in this board about main stream apps not being available when the phone and bb10 has been out this long? My explanation is that devs, customers do not take blackberry seriously as a company. The reason being they keep making balls up decisions like this. They have fantastic hardware and never let it be used to it's full potential.
    Some examples of not understanding their customers needs are....
    Most people liked the security of blackberry and being on bis with low data usage due to compression , push email, BB answer scrap it.
    Most customers like the physical keyboard which often drew people to BB in the first place, BB answer flagship bb10 device touchscreen.
    Although BB are trying to get more into the toy market ultimately they have a business following where the majority use outlook for their email client. BB answer, no sync with outlook.
    Bring out at the time a tablet second to none with a few minor problems and even bridge this with your BB phone creating a whole new dimension to your computing environment. BB answer spend nearly a year trying to put a totally different OS on it crippling everything that was good about it then finally insulting everyone by declaring they aren't even going to fix the minor problems either.
    BB are the kings of throwing the baby out with the bath water. They could make one small concession and for once do something to keep their ever loyal fan base happy.
    That's my thoughts for the evening How good it feels to be bridged again to my 9800 Posting this while answering texts and bbm. I even silenced my phone from ringing before to stop waking people up without leaving my chair. My z10 on the other hand can do none of this. Baby....bath water. In the meantime apple and android get bbm and we have a new OS7 phone. Let's not forget why we're here,Nuff said.
    07-25-13 04:48 PM
    Not Nuff said, just remembered what else I was thinking One person has pretty much came up with better browser solving one problem and distributing it for free with origami. Everyone is truly grateful and anything else he has I'm interested in. BlackBerry take note.
    07-25-13 04:57 PM
    I admire your tenacity but your energy is wasted on a lost cause. The PB is now ancient by tech standards and you can rest assured BB have written it off as ancient history as well. Nothing you can do will influence BB to do anything notable with this tablet.
    How did you learn the above? Is your head planted up Thorsten Heins' ***?

By the way, the Playbook has twice the RAM as the ipad mini and better cameras. Is the ipad mini also "ancient by tech standards"?
    nova_8 likes this.
    07-25-13 06:56 PM
    playbook deserves a better os, for sure. although it's a 2 years old device
    07-26-13 09:49 AM
    playbook deserves a better os, for sure. although it's a 2 years old device
    I'm not even sure it needs a new OS, as long as a lot of the native apps were to be overhauled drastically...
    axllebeer and FF22 like this.
    07-26-13 09:56 AM
    PB LTE is a few weeks older than Z10
    07-26-13 10:07 AM
    PB LTE is a few weeks older than Z10
    yep, not saying much for bbry. umm we have these tablets eh sell em were ditching that tab anyways
    07-26-13 10:45 AM
    I'm not even sure it needs a new OS, as long as a lot of the native apps were to be overhauled drastically...
    i mean it needs a new OS (build on os 2.1) with bug fixes,etc
    07-26-13 11:00 AM
    i mean it needs a new OS (build on os 2.1) with bug fixes,etc
    Yes, I was thinking more or less about the same thing, but chances are slim they will do any full update to the OS anymore, while I still believe updates to individual apps might be possible (although those chances are pretty slim themselves, admittedly).
    07-26-13 03:17 PM
    For what its worth, I believe all we need is 2 things - 1) for BlackBerry to issue an update to the PB os removing all BB security coding from the bootloader, so as to not leave other BB devices open to hackers and 2) to release the code for the PB os therefore making it open source.

Once those 2 things have been done, its relatively plain sailing from there.
    WeAreNotAlone likes this.
    07-26-13 04:42 PM
    #savetheplaybook could do with some love and further comments. It is starting to pick up some momentum.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 07:17 PM
    Awful, just awful Thorstein. What were you thinking?

Currently watching the Discovery channel on my flat screen through the HDMI port from the Playbook. Picture is beautiful. And certainly better than what you'd get from the cable guys. How cool is that?
    Couldn`t you have capitalised on that
    I hope none of you are paying for cable these days. I grab local channels full HD for free from an antenna. There's 7 here but that's enough.
    Everything else is from the net. I pay for that.
    Last edited by sparrow300; 07-26-13 at 09:29 PM.
    FF22, axllebeer and Tim1131 like this.
    07-26-13 09:09 PM
    i trust these guys, who opened this theard. i believe they can make it happens
    Yes, I was thinking more or less about the same thing, but chances are slim they will do any full update to the OS anymore, while I still believe updates to individual apps might be possible (although those chances are pretty slim themselves, admittedly).
    axllebeer likes this.
    07-26-13 11:04 PM
    i trust these guys, who opened this theard. i believe they can make it happens
    I trust the guy who opened the thread but unless we can do something that will bring the Media's attention to all of this and paint BlackBerry in a negative fashion BlackBerry Inc is just going to ignore us PlayBook owners.

I'd say the majority of PlayBook owners aren't even aware BlackBerry promised the devices would get a update to BB10 OS.
    (How can I say this next part)
    I'd also say BlackBerry is probably aware that numerically due to the POOR APP SELECTION and the consumer unfriendly Android side loading process for the majority of "ADULT" owners of the device is at a all time low, and that the *LARGEST GROUP OF OWNERS are KIDS using the "PlayBook" as a "PLAYBOOK" literally" as the Adults have moved on to other devices in disgust.

*Excludes Government sales. Point is most consumers did not like the PlayBook.

PS: I'd like to see a "million man march" with everyone camping out around the Waterloo BlackBerry headquarters demanding BlackBerry either man-up and deliver or do a BUY-BACK-PROGRAM.

BUY-BACK-PROGRAM= Applies to those that purchased RIM/BlackBerry Playbooks, and accessories who made a decision to purchase same based upon statements that the PlayBook would get a update to BB10 OS.

(If you live in Germany or the UK you can demand your money back if the company doesn't deliver upon their promises as BlackBerry has done.)

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 07-27-13 at 01:17 AM.
    toronto9696 likes this.
    07-27-13 01:03 AM
    firstly,yes you're right, i'm not an adult,i'm a 16 years old geek. secondly,the way i see it crackberry is a large community, we might have member who works for media company. thirdly,i'm living in VietNam(Asia) sothat i can't go there and camp around blackberry's headquarter (i really want to do that).
    I trust the guy who opened the thread but unless we can do something that will bring the Media's attention to all of this and paint BlackBerry in a negative fashion BlackBerry Inc is just going to ignore us PlayBook owners.

I'd say the majority of PlayBook owners aren't even aware BlackBerry promised the devices would get a update to BB10 OS.
    (How can I say this next part)
    I'd also say BlackBerry is probably aware that numerically due to the POOR APP SELECTION and the consumer unfriendly Android side loading process for the majority of "ADULT" owners of the device is at a all time low, and that the *LARGEST GROUP OF OWNERS are KIDS using the "PlayBook" as a "PLAYBOOK" literally" as the Adults have moved on to other devices in disgust.

*Excludes Government sales. Point is most consumers did not like the PlayBook.

PS: I'd like to see a "million man march" with everyone camping out around the Waterloo BlackBerry headquarters demanding BlackBerry either man-up and deliver or do a BUY-BACK-PROGRAM.

BUY-BACK-PROGRAM= Applies to those that purchased RIM/BlackBerry Playbooks, and accessories who made a decision to purchase same based upon statements that the PlayBook would get a update to BB10 OS.

(If you live in Germany or the UK you can demand your money back if the company doesn't deliver upon their promises as BlackBerry has done.)

07-27-13 01:38 AM
    great ideas here,,, keep it up...
    07-27-13 02:43 AM
    I trust the guy who opened the thread but unless we can do something that will bring the Media's attention to all of this and paint BlackBerry in a negative fashion BlackBerry Inc is just going to ignore us PlayBook owners..
    I understand what you're saying, but I don't think I agree. Too much community generated "bad press" will simply put Blackberry in "face-saving"/"damage control" mode and in no way any more inclined to help the community, I'm afraid. And any way you spin it, you're at least going to need a little goodwill from the company in order to achieve something (unless you go to court).
    07-27-13 03:23 AM
    There is 0 good will from the company.
    Haven't you noticed that yet?
    Tazos likes this.
    07-27-13 03:49 AM
    There is 0 good will from the company.
    Haven't you noticed that yet?
    That wasn't the point, however
    07-27-13 03:53 AM
826 ... 56789 ...