Added the article in question to the Save the PlayBook channel.
    07-24-13 03:46 PM
    Ah, the fabled channel. Anything good going on there worth mentioning here as well?
    07-24-13 03:49 PM
    Ah, the fabled channel. Anything good going on there worth mentioning here as well?
    I wouldn't say with the addition to that article from CrackBerry that there is anything "good" to speak of at all currently.
    But we press on...
    07-24-13 03:51 PM
    But basically there is a separate line of "action" not accessible to all PB users. And this doesn't bother you?
    07-24-13 03:57 PM
    But basically there is a separate line of "action" not accessible to all PB users. And this doesn't bother you?
    Ok this is the way I see it:

It's another way to reach people. We should have a twitter account set up for this, a FaceBook page, and other sources of social media. But I'm employed and have a 2 year old and don't have time for all that. Just trying to do my part and help out in a way that I can that my time allows. As the owner of 2 PlayBooks I want to see some kind of support for them. I know its potentially futile, but I'm more than happy to donate some of my time for the cause.

Not trying to be aggressive here, but just wanted to make my position clear. I could probably handle either FaceBook, or a twitter account but not both. Any takers if that's not setup already and I will gladly take on the other.

Cheers.

Edit:
    Let's not forget that other than Blaq, there is no real twitter client for the PlayBook either. And there is no native official twitter client at all. Doesn't mean we shouldn't go there either. I know BBM Channels are only on BlackBerry phones, but its something and something is always better than nothing.
    07-24-13 04:04 PM
    +1 on the twitter idea, I feel it would be better than facebook purely because we can hash tag playbook and blackberry which would bring on board random searchers and also mention top brass from blackberry and see if we could draw a comment. I have both a playbook and BB phone but don't know how to use channels If it's going to isolate PB users and there's not much doing there then I think don't use it or at least link anything important into the twitter feed. Here's also a good place as well, it's where it all began.

PB may not have a native twitter but it has a fully functioning browser so I guess we all have access.
    Last edited by AWB70; 07-24-13 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Though of something else.
    WeAreNotAlone and axllebeer like this.
    07-24-13 05:18 PM
    Can I also point out at this point. Other members of Crackberry may be keeping an eye on this thread and thinking, let it lie and worrying that we might be giving Blackberry uneeded bad press when they need it the least. I personally am not here to create problems just more like trying to save blackberry from itself. Let's be honest BB was bordering on not being cool not so long ago and it's people like us who kept things rolling when to be fair the least problematic option would have been to switch to another OS. After pissing everyone off BB should be gratefull that they're customers still feel so passionate about their product.

Done my top 5 votes, which, as it happens was the top 5 anyway. Also shared on twitter. Who knows we may get something.
    FF22 and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    07-24-13 05:40 PM
    Well, I added my votes, fwiw. But seems the OP's been hijacked a bit.

Too bad, really, I think the OP identified a number of core upgrades that could be feasible. Now, there's a poll where anyone can add their desired features, and it's kind of watered down or vague, to the point of adding requests for individual apps.

How exactly are we going to petition for 'BB10 app compatibility'. Won't that depend, to a large extent, on a number of the core features identified in OP? (Android Runtime, Air, Cascades)

And Netflix? Please, let's not petition BB about Netflix! Petition Netflix about Netflix.
    07-24-13 07:17 PM
    You got to take the fight to blackberry...and they are watching BBM channel and using this as a marketing scheme get people here to sign up at the blackberry beta zone and pound the channel with stuff about the playbook and what can be done with it, but you got to make sure this channel is number one with subscriber
    2 blackberry is playing in someone else court so you also got to hit Google+ and Facebook...This part read carefully don't start a new page on either of these find pages already establish and get people here to join and get the buzz word to blackberry using these pages by giving them a new life
    3.We have a problem with LinkedIn working on the playbook and some people here use it and I see only total of three people post and one open ticket on LinkedIn...To win wars you need to win small battles
    Please no save the playbook channels its not dead yet there already playbook channel hop on that and get it to number one and bring people with you
    07-24-13 10:18 PM
    come on guy,make it happens
    07-25-13 01:02 AM
    I've creaated a Save the BlackBerry PlayBook page on Facebook!

Follow it here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/483467725062414/#

[email protected]
    Last edited by axllebeer; 07-25-13 at 01:31 AM.
    BravoZuluDelta likes this.
    07-25-13 01:13 AM
    Hi all,

I can set and manage a 'Save the BlackBerry PlayBook ' twitter account if there are no objections?

Posted via CB10 & my Z10
    AWB70 likes this.
    07-25-13 01:50 AM
    Not trying to be aggressive here, but just wanted to make my position clear
    Didn't want to upset you in any way, I know you're "fighting the good fight'. My problem wasn't with you, but with a channel I cannot access without a smartphone (yes, I don't own one - Blackberry or otherwise), which means I cannot see, if there might be any relevant/important stuff going on there...
    axllebeer likes this.
    07-25-13 03:08 AM
    Well, I added my votes, fwiw. But seems the OP's been hijacked a bit.
    But then again, it does seem he stopped posting here (for reasons unknown, I hasten to add)
    07-25-13 03:10 AM
    I've creaated a Save the BlackBerry PlayBook page on Facebook!

Follow it here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/483467725062414/#

[email protected]
    With all due respect.
    It sounds pathetic:
    'You betrayed me, you left me,
    Please, please, can we still be together. '

They don't care about loyal customers, begging isn't going to work.

They need some bad press, pressure from media and shareholders. They need a stick constantly hitting them hard not begging.

'BlackBerry cannot be trusted' or something along the lines would be better for FB or Twitter.
    WeAreNotAlone and ViBogdan like this.
    07-25-13 03:31 AM
    Forget about PlayBook. Yes, this was been fraudulent, but... now just forget about it!

There is iPad Mini, Nexus - all of them costs less than PlayBook on start. There is a lot of apps for that devices. This devices will receive future OS updates.

Yes, this is a pain to understand - you're screwed up by Blackberry. I do not trust this company anymore. No one thing will be purchased from that brand! This is my decision. And as developer - i will not develop for BB10 anymore, all projects are stopped and cancelled. Period.

I have two tablets now - iPad 2 and PlayBook. PlayBook is useless, iPad 2 will get iOS7 update. I'm happy that i've select iPad 2 two years a go.

So... Just let them rest in peace.
    blueberrymerry and ViBogdan like this.
    07-25-13 03:42 AM
    Twitter account set up

@savetheplaybook

Any suggestions or ideas drop me an email [email protected]
    FF22 and AWB70 like this.
    07-25-13 04:06 AM
    I subscribed to the channel and I'm following on twitter.
    Maybe we should ask crackberry to give some attention to this post on the front page and get more subscribers to the channel and more followers on twitter?

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    07-25-13 04:32 AM
    Thanks gunnerfitzy and axllebeer for your actions to set up additional comms channel - very much appreciated.

Could you please promote the polls re the top 3-5 features that are missing on the PBs?

Once the OP is back there would then be channels as well as content to execute the next step of the action plan.
    07-25-13 04:35 AM
    Maybe we should ask crackberry to give some attention to this post on the front page and get more subscribers to the channel and more followers on twitter?
    Posted via CB10
    As much as I would like to see that happen I fear there is no CB love for PB anymore.
    07-25-13 04:39 AM
    As much as I would like to see that happen I fear there is no CB love for PB anymore.
    Fully agree. No real interest from CB team on this. Just minimum reporting and commenting going on. One would have hoped that they would have been leading the charge....

Posted via CB10 & my Z10
    07-25-13 04:49 AM
    Didn't want to upset you in any way, I know you're "fighting the good fight'. My problem wasn't with you, but with a channel I cannot access without a smartphone (yes, I don't own one - Blackberry or otherwise), which means I cannot see, if there might be any relevant/important stuff going on there...
    Oh not upset or anything. But I recognise that we need more ways to branch out than just BBM that's for sure. For the people that don't have access to that service and just for the sake of branching out. It was an easy place to start for me and now it seems we are expanding
    07-25-13 08:10 AM
    I admire your tenacity but your energy is wasted on a lost cause. The PB is now ancient by tech standards and you can rest assured BB have written it off as ancient history as well. Nothing you can do will influence BB to do anything notable with this tablet.
    07-25-13 08:13 AM
    Nothing you can do will influence BB to do anything notable with this tablet.
    No guts, no glory.
    07-25-13 08:35 AM
    From what I gather all apps purchased for the current playbook would have to be rebaught for the bb10 platform an that's if the apps were upgraded otherwise previously bought apps wouldn't work.

And Where's the 10" bb10 tablet mentioned in an article cited to appease uae customers? Was that sunshine being blown up their .... like the update for the current playbooks?
    07-25-13 08:59 AM
826 ... 45678 ...