No one seems to believe BlackBerry would do anything.

As for me.
    I feel really uncomfortable begging for something that should have been done in the first place. We paid for it. Dev alphas were free and users knew they were testers.
    PlayBook testers paid for doing work for BlackBerry and being beta testers.

We are not asking for extras but the damn basics.
    Exactly my point. I paid for the damn thing even dough it was half finished, hoping that they will sort it out in time. They didn't even give me the 90 days support because my region is not covered...

Now why should I go beg for some updates, for some fixes that they were supposed to do, for all of those things that I paid for?

My choice is simple...let them come back to me(to us) to beg. I find it deeply revolting how one day we are getting BB10, Playbook is part of the bright future of BB devices, and then the next day they won't even look at us. I mean I was never expecting to get BB10 when I first heard of it, but at least give me some updates, some bug fixes, some support. Even OS7 customers are still appreciated but Playbook owners are treated like they are the reason why the tablet failed. Actually we are the only reason they ever left the shelves.

At the moment being I don't want BB10, I just want support for the OS I have. And if I don't get it, well...I'm not going to beg for it, I'll just forget about BB when purchasing another device....just like they forgot about me!
    07-23-13 03:48 AM
    Let's put it into diplomatic terms: this initiative is losing momentum fast...
    I think so too, combination of irritation and apathy.

Just an opinon - but feel free to disregard, how about slimming the want list to an absolute minimum by forgetting app requests, but upgrading the software to allow us to find the right software and persuade devs to continue to support the PB (e.g. the runtimes, USB OTG etc).

I think the greatest chance is with a small handful of items which they probably already did a substantial amount of work on when trying to get BB10 to work and minimise the time we are asking of them and the liability they owe . If the minimum requirements come as a beta, a short trial is run with a substantial body of CB volunteers, and then let them wash their hands of the PB.

It would be really helpful to know how much does it cost to whatever minimum spec upgrade is put forward in terms of man hours as that could be helpful leverage to help the parties talk sense.

Finally, supported by a couple of petitions, for example one saying that the treatment as a PB owner has reduced the likelihood of buying another Blackberry product and the second saying that as a PB owner, the above would represent a reasonable a reasonable loyalty reward and would increase the likelihood of buying another Blackberry product.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    07-23-13 07:06 AM
    While I generally agree with what you're saying, there is one important element in all this that makes it unlikely anything will happen at all: to achieve anything constructive at this point, you'd have to deal with a company that still cares about its PB customers. This, however, doesn't seem to be the case.
    FF22 and anon(1852343) like this.
    07-23-13 08:15 AM
    While I generally agree with what you're saying, there is one important element in all this that makes it unlikely anything will happen at all: to achieve anything constructive at this point, you'd have to deal with a company that still cares about its PB customers. This, however, doesn't seem to be the case.
    BB believing pb owners are just pb owners and nothing else at it's own peril. Many either own the legacy phones and wanting to upgrade to BB10 devices or those like myself already own BB10 devices. Not taking this issue seriously will further damage the company reputation. Like the company can afford to face assault at all front at this juncture.
    FF22, ubeda92, duty14 and 2 others like this.
    07-23-13 08:29 AM
    Definitely I'll keep an eye on this thread

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 08:45 AM
    I still believe it is worth to go one next step as proposed by Victor (by the way this is a very structured approach).

What I am expecting as the minimum result out of that is that BBRY is recognising that their strict "no" has damaged quite a substancial relationsship with their (in width and deepth) loyal BB userbase and that they would need to come up with something concrete to re-establish the strong connection between PB users and BBRY.

Let's not look back to whatever has been promised in the past - I would encourage the readers of the PB forum to go that one next step together - please help to progress with this initiative.

In terms of feature requests I would agree to cut down to the top 3-5 but in two categories:
    1. Developer Requests --> please vote HERE
    2. Consumer (enduser) requests --> please vote HERE
    Last edited by schwede; 07-24-13 at 04:43 AM. Reason: added voting links
    07-23-13 08:51 AM
    So where is the OP?
    07-23-13 08:55 AM
    So where is the OP?
    Was what I was thinking! Going back to what I posted earlier up the thread about divide and conquer. As as been pointed out it's probably best to go into damage limitation. While everyone is screaming about how it has affected them personally, realistically as mentioned it needs shrunk down to something that is A possible and B What the majority wants otherwise Blackberry can say there's no point doing anything because they'll never be happy.
    Some comments I have came across are....
    People who paid top whack should get a voucher off next PB Really? cop out. Rage in a board about one product while asking to get another is ridiculous. If a smack in the face wasn't that bad would you ask for another hoping that didn't hurt either?
    Hacking the PB and possibly using some Linux distro, again, please no. I have been a linux user for many years and all this would do is take any responsibility that Blackberry might feel they are obliged to do and blame everything Linux's problem. It would probably also isolate many users who aren't familiar with linux and just want a decent simple tablet. Believe me Linux and Blackberry don't mix. The Berry project is pretty much dead in the water and never got far. The only way I can use linux and be productive with my blackberry in a work environment is to have a copy of XP in a virtual machine.
    Dragging everyone who complains in other topics into this thread will then make people more aware of the numbers off people who aren't happy.
    Twitter definitely, major players can be brought into the conversation instead of skulking about in the background and killing peoples dreams off with one word "Confirmed" thanks for that! It would also make what's being said more public as opposed to what's going on at Crackberry.
    Surely there must be a tipping point, the things most people are asking for are I guess not big spend from BB point of view and have already been worked on and worked to some degree.
    The more public it gets the more likely BB are to give a little. Add up all the people that won't be moving on to B10 because of this who own legacy phones and PB. The people who won't be doing it because they just don't trust BB, the countless Isheep and Android owners who must be pissing themselves laughing at this and the chatter that is starting to circulate the BB might have even allegedly tricked people into buying up their existing stock of PB by promising BB10 was coming to it so they could re-invest this working capital into BB10. Oh and a bit more BB7 for whatever reason which beggars belief.

I'm no big BB basher. 7 people I know got BB phones and my company has 3, all through me. I still use my 9800 for site work and Z10 for office and play. But for some reason this is really getting up my nose on principle alone. At some point BB need to look at what can be done instead of a simple NO. If you realise the costs alone of their decision it might be a lot easier to make. When my contract runs out I will look at alternatives. I will do the same when buying my wife and daughters Xmas presents which amongst other things for the last two years have been Blackberries and my company will look at the best deal rather than going straight for what used to be the security and robustness that Blackberry was. There' s 7 units gone this year alone from one disgruntled PB user.

Just saying Like.
    msps likes this.
    07-23-13 11:15 AM
    I still believe it is worth to go one next step as proposed by Victor (by the way this is a very structured approach).

What I am expecting as the minimum result out of that is that BBRY is recognising that their strict "no" has damaged quite a substancial relationsship with their (in width and deepth) loyal BB userbase and that they would need to come up with something concrete to re-establish the strong connection between PB users and BBRY.

Let's not look back to whatever has been promised in the past - I would encourage the readers of the PB forum to go that one next step together - please help to progress with this initiative.

In terms of feature requests I would agree to cut down to the top 3 but in two categories:
    1. Developer Requests
    2. Consumer (enduser) requests
    Could anyone set-up a voting facility to come to those 3 top requests per category?
    I know I suggested a curtailed list and you mention a top 3, but how about a top 5 as only 3 may limit the selection too much?
    schwede likes this.
    07-23-13 12:27 PM
    So, does anyone here have access to the "companion" bbm channel? Is that still alive?
    07-23-13 12:51 PM
    I'm not sure that anyone who complained about BlackBerry finishing off their playbook is still alive never mind the channel. Now that would be a conspiracy theory making the lying about bb10 coming to sell redundant stock pale in comparison. Sleeping with one eye open tonight I think.

Posted via CB10
    schwede likes this.
    07-23-13 04:13 PM
    BB believing pb owners are just pb owners and nothing else at it's own peril. Many either own the legacy phones and wanting to upgrade to BB10 devices or those like myself already own BB10 devices. Not taking this issue seriously will further damage the company reputation. Like the company can afford to face assault at all front at this juncture.
    Very well put. Had BB not crippled the Bridge, I probably would have upgraded to an OS10 phone by now.

In light of the fact that the z10 and q10 have not been game changers, an upgraded software (even if not OS10) PB might have brought BB some much-needed positive press. Instead, BB forgoes this opportunity and annoys many actual customers at the same time.

To me, looking more and more that Thorsten and his upper management minions setting Blackberry up for near-term to medium-term acquisition.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-23-13 05:53 PM
    Yeah it was a seriously bad move. I probably will get over it no doubt, I think what makes it so much more of a bitter taste for me is the time wasted as well as the money. When I bought mine which wasn't full price (my heart goes out to anyone who did) there were alternatives for roughly the same price. Nobody was giving it a good write up even the salesman which I found unusual considering his job was to sell and I was asking for one. I put my money in faith of the company blackberry, ironically it turns out that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the hardware it was the company that let the product down. What I should have been doing was ******** about the product from day one. I think a lot more people probably feel the same way. What a move to have a duff product for well over a year and rather than addressing it palming people off with it's okay because that's not the end product to keep them quiet and then to say in fact, actually it is.
    Genius! I suppose I best get on with the rest of my life now and put it down to experience. Although it feels like they got away with it and me fading away like the OP seems to have is exactly what they want.
    On a brighter note though at least I'll be safe from thors snatch squads and manage to get a decent nights sleep.
    07-23-13 06:25 PM
    Not to mention the time and money wasted on trying to make bb10 work which would have been better spent making os2 better and avoided this whole fiasco. What could have been eh!
    Good night.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    07-23-13 06:47 PM
    Please vote for your top 3-5 feature requests:
    1. Developer Requests --> please vote HERE
    2. Consumer (enduser) requests --> please vote HERE
    Hirazi Blue and AWB70 like this.
    07-24-13 04:49 AM
    Action in the Action thread... Who would have guessed!
    FF22 and AWB70 like this.
    07-24-13 05:01 AM
    Action in the Action thread... Who would have guessed!
    Please dont forget to share the voting links with other PB users via Twitter / other CB PB threads / ...
    07-24-13 07:05 AM
    I will bump this so more see about the POLL. You might want to Post the POLL and link as a separate thread.
    07-24-13 08:59 AM
    Please dont forget to share the voting links with other PB users via Twitter / other CB PB threads / ...
    Voted. Is this gonna help at sonething?
    07-24-13 09:33 AM
    Don't hold your breath (but holding your breath is never a good idea)! The poll is important because it can help the community to focus on a possible course of action. And if you ever want to achieve anything, such focus is key!
    07-24-13 10:22 AM
    That's BlackBerry for you .
    Last time I heard BBM for PB was coming soon. It was in 2011.
    I can one up that. Even with the beta zone release of BBM, I can't access channels through my Bold on my PlayBook.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 via the CB Forums App
    07-24-13 02:30 PM
    I have a idea for a video based upon a TV commercial spot back in Mar 2011 that was running.

Been on Youtube looking for it and can't find it. From a quick Google search it was a STAPLES ad.

The ad goes something like this:

A family comes home to notice that they've been robbed. Their entire house is ransacked, and dad points out they even took the flat screen. He goes into presumably their office and notices that "they didn't take the computer?". On the floor lies an old CRT monitor sitting on the horizontal tower, circa 1990s. Mom chimes in that maybe they should get a new computer! OFF TO STAPLES...

The commercial implying their old computer was so bad/ not worth the effort it would take to steal it so the robbers left it.

I purpose making a YouTube video using the PlayBook in lieu of the old horizontal tower, circa 1990s that the robbers left behind, with additional footage added in showing the robbers while they are ransacking the house making statements like:

Leave that thing!, BlackBerry promised a update to BB10 OS which would have made it current, but instead *killed off the update and deemed the product EOL many, many months later. (2013-06-28)

(*This announcements timing based upon old stock of PlayBooks being cleared out, and so it didn't negatively impact on the roll out of BB10 OS powered devices... and the timing delayed in so as any protests by PlayBook owners would be overshadowed by owners of the new devices wanting problems with the new devices fixed.)

Anyhow back to the robbers while in the process of ransacking the house:

Head robber is saying to his guys:
    Leave those Blackberry PlayBooks!
    Last ones we got we couldn't hardly give them away @ $10 and half the ones I sold came back as there's hardly any apps for that thing.

Grab the good stuff. Look to see if you can find any Ipads or Android tablets.... those we can sell for top dollar! Tons of apps for those things and they have apps people want.

PS: If someone was to break into my home today and steal the $4,000 worth of Blackberry product I bought, that $4,000 worth of BlackBerry product based upon statements made by the CEO of BlackBerry stating all PlayBooks would be upgraded to the BB10 OS I'd be a happy camper.

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 07-24-13 at 02:55 PM.
    1oo1, FF22, AWB70 and 1 others like this.
    07-24-13 02:33 PM
    just seen somenews about the Blackberry Playbook head resigning - should he be a potential contact?
    07-24-13 03:37 PM
    That would largely depend on the question if it actually was an amicable split as has been suggested...
    But I am sure some kind of unbreakable NDA will be in place anyway, even after he left.
    07-24-13 03:41 PM
    @WeAreNotAlone - Leave a window open at all time?
    07-24-13 03:45 PM
826 ... 34567 ...