I have an ideea...

I saw some time ago an image with the schedule of releasing products... and there were unkown products.
    If BB will release another Tablet/ (Playbook) with BB10 in the future, and that's a IF, wouldn't be a good gesture from them to give us the Owners of original Playbooks a discount of their future released tablet?
    And that way they will sell their new products and we will buy their product at sale price and everybody will be happy?

Is it a possibility or i dream too much?
    07-19-13 10:00 PM
    I saw some time ago an image with the schedule of releasing products... and there were unkown products.
    You saw this?

Playbook Community Action Thread-rim-roadmap-2013-tvi.jpg
    07-20-13 02:41 AM
    I always thought the "Death of RIM/BBRY" was planned earlier. Thanks for clearing that up...
    axllebeer likes this.
    07-20-13 04:19 AM
    As someone who uses the PB daily, there's one thing that really bugs me. We all know there's some decent replacements for the default audio/video/browser apps. I'd really like to set my own default players/clients and not be constrained by the current defaults.
    FF22, axllebeer and Angus_CB like this.
    07-20-13 05:31 AM
    I honestly think the group should find an attorney who will take on a class action lawsuit.
    07-20-13 06:46 AM
    No one would buy the new tablet. We all know that three months after release it will sell for 1/5 the original sale price.
    07-20-13 06:51 AM
    Yep similar
    07-20-13 07:36 AM
    So we go after 3 months and say that we want another discount over the reduced price..
    07-20-13 07:39 AM
    As someone who uses the PB daily, there's one thing that really bugs me. We all know there's some decent replacements for the default audio/video/browser apps. I'd really like to set my own default players/clients and not be constrained by the current defaults.
    Agreed. I wish the PlayBook handled it more like Android that prompts you with something like "complete this action with..." then shows you all applicable apps that you can open something with. Then choose to set that as the default or continue to be prompted everytime.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 via the CB Forums App
    Last edited by axllebeer; 07-20-13 at 12:01 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-20-13 09:23 AM
    Two important things: BB Navigator and multi-language keyboard layout support. If I connect my Italian Apple keyboard to my PlayBook and write "�", PlayBook will show "[", because he can only understand American layout. This makes impossible writing in Spanish, French or Italian.
    However, it wouldn't be a bad idea if CrackBerry sponsors this thread on the home page. But they don't care about us...
    schwede likes this.
    07-20-13 09:37 AM
    come on people, give us a hand
    07-20-13 06:18 PM
    How things are going, have you enough support? Are you in the plan? Or you need more and how much more if yes...?
    07-21-13 12:56 PM
    You saw this?
    To be honest BlackBerry would have to be very very stupid to release another tablet. Playbook was/is a terrible failure and who is left that would buy a BB10 tablet? Most of the BB faithful are pretty jaded on the tablet front. .
    07-21-13 03:54 PM
    How things are going, have you enough support? Are you in the plan? Or you need more and how much more if yes...?
    Much more supporter
    07-21-13 05:27 PM
    To be honest BlackBerry would have to be very very stupid to release another tablet. Playbook was/is a terrible failure and who is left that would buy a BB10 tablet? Most of the BB faithful are pretty jaded on the tablet front. .
    It's failure of execution and development. If the device was given the proper focus and development, it can be better than any tablet out there. The only reason other tablets are more successful is the amount of superficial apps and games availability. I have yet to find one with hdmi, 64G (except Apple, most give 16G plus an option of 32G sd slot). great front speakers. Better front and back camera specs than the playbook. And of course multi tasking and swipe gesture.
    FF22 and Barracuda7772 like this.
    07-21-13 05:59 PM
    Is there a twitter feed set up yet and how do you add bbm channels?
    like most bridge is important to me, browser would be nice although Origami is being a great substitute at the moment. Is there any point in flash? It is also dying at the moment and moving towards html5. Adobe themselves have stopped supporting it, only bringing out security patches until its eventual demise. If there was a better selection of the main player apps we wouldn't even need the newer android. I have to admit I am cheesed off and will be looking seriously at my next phone and tablet choice rather than blindly sticking to Blackberry but I would be more comfortable if Blackberry did something about what seem like quite small issues than us hacking into systems. I am absolutely gob smacked that blackberry could even consider spending time making bbm work on IOs and android but not restoring bbm on B10 with bridge for loyal customers who actually gave their cash to blackberry. It is after all their own system and nobody knows it better than they do.
    07-21-13 07:53 PM
    how do you add bbm channels?
    Scan the barcode that I have above.
    Or if you have trouble finding it, here it is again. You can do this with any channel.
    Attached Thumbnails Playbook Community Action Thread-c000eaa94_barcode-savethepb-1.png  
    07-21-13 11:09 PM
    Do I understand correctly, that these BBM channels are only accessible to users with a (Blackberry?) smartphone?
    07-22-13 02:36 AM
    Yes.
    BlackBerry PlayBook no.

Apple and android devices soon.
    07-22-13 04:07 AM
    So part of the "Action" discussion about the PB takes place
    on a channel "mere" PB owners (without additional Blackberry phones)
    can't even access?
    FF22 and playbook_swiper1 like this.
    07-22-13 04:18 AM
    I take it I need to sign up to Beta Zone to add channels?
    can't even access?
    That's a fair point, perhaps it would be better to primarily use a medium everyone can help with rather than being divided and conquered. To be fair I am not holding out much hope on Blackberry doing anything about most if not all of the issues here but it would be interesting to see how the whole thing evolves. You never know it could be a real Blackberry spring where for once a large corp listens to its customers. At least it will bring people in the same situation together if it turns out that we need to do something about the tablet ourselves.
    07-22-13 04:49 AM
    can't even access?
    That's BlackBerry for you .
    Last time I heard BBM for PB was coming soon. It was in 2011.
    FF22 and qwerty4ever like this.
    07-22-13 04:55 AM
    There doesn't seem to be much activity in this thread considering the amount of people who were pissed off with the decision! Non runner?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 05:59 PM
    Let's put it into diplomatic terms: this initiative is losing momentum fast...
    07-23-13 03:13 AM
    No one seems to believe BlackBerry would do anything.

As for me.
    I feel really uncomfortable begging for something that should have been done in the first place. We paid for it. Dev alphas were free and users knew they were testers.
    PlayBook testers paid for doing work for BlackBerry and being beta testers.

We are not asking for extras but the damn basics.
    Hirazi Blue, FF22 and vserghi like this.
    07-23-13 03:27 AM
826 ... 23456 ...