That is the question that should be answerable by "YES, we have it and there it is"... or, "NO, we cannot give it to you due to confidently issue" (or whatsoever)... or perhaps, because it is never existed... at all...

Do you really believe that they tried it?...

Posted via Z10
    Fact:
    BB10 works on Dev Alphas with the same hardware as PB

Fact
    Leaks for new version for Z10/Q10 apear every week, possibly hundreds versions to date

Fact
    No leaks for BB10 for PB

I don't believe BB had actively teams working on BB10 for PB, did their best and in June it just did not work as they expected.
    I believe they scrapped the development in early stage in February/March and kept deceiving since.
    I don't mind to be proved wrong.

Let me load the last version BB10 for PB they had on my device.
    I'll sign a liability waiver

Wouldn't it be easier for BB to provide us something that exist than start coding PB OS extras suggested in this thread?
    No costs just a link on the website.
    07-19-13 04:00 AM
    I just want from BlackBerry to stop lying on customers.
    And make playbook free boot to let us install Android or windows 8.

I dont trust any more this company. and never will buy a blackberry device again.
    meyerink likes this.
    07-19-13 04:04 AM
    Wouldn't it be easier for BB to provide us something that exist than start coding PB OS extras suggested in this thread?
    No costs just a link on the website.
    I've read a lot about the fabled BB10 dev alpha (or whatever it was called), Does anybody here have a clue about the actual state it was in, was it actually usable or way "too alpha" to bother with from a user perspective?
    07-19-13 04:07 AM
    I've read a lot about the fabled BB10 dev alpha (or whatever it was called), Does anybody here have a clue about the actual state it was in, was it actually usable or way "too alpha" to bother with from a user perspective?
    This thread details loading it on the PB and some of what was and was not possible...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-736036/
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    07-19-13 04:16 AM
    I support all the ideas that were given. Most of them are very good ideas and very beneficial.
    My concern in the Tablet world the Apps make all the diference. We use the tablet with apps. Apps can replace anything. Browser, email, video player, music player, reader etc.
    So BBRY in general has little app support even with BB10 and now that BB don't want to support Playbook and leave it behind, so will the developers move on and won't go through the trouble for apps to work on Playbook... cause its not worth it... There are not so many Playbook users as it was intended in the first place.
    So what i want to say is like said before by @amiteo is to rely on the Android APPS. So any way we could download and bring them to the Playbook will be super OK. I don't know how it could be done exactly: by a special program?, or natively update the PB OS to run all the 7'' androind apps? or for us to manually download from Google Play and be able to install them on Playbook through the desktop software of BB? or pure and simple BB to keep a couple of employ techs to keep supporting the PB OS and port android apps every day to playbook?

I think if this could be done Playbook will have a long life.... and its a necesary step for this tablet to survive at least 3-5 years i hope.
    Robert Roger likes this.
    07-19-13 04:17 AM
    I remember last year when BB made officially announcement that they are stopping production of 16 GB playbooks.......Because in their eyes....PlayBook have much more potential and they will only continue production only with 32 GB and 64GB.
    Does anyone remember that announcement?
    There was also video on YouTube demonstrated how playbooks can communicate with each other.
    This is such a shame what they do now with such a great device, putting away in the name of new coming phablet which the future is unknown.
    I strongly believe that BB didn't want to update playbook anyways....BB10 or any new updates....
    Because they want to push new products like new coming phablet. BB want us to buy new products, They are very greedy.
    Can you imagine they gave us BB10 on playbook or new updates?.....many would just buy very cheap Playbook on the sale. But, BB is also blind and ignorant....they loosing their name and reputation.....people talking, media talking. It's a tough world out there.
    I wish you guys lots of good luck with your action. I'm supporting you every way.
    duty14 and FF22 like this.
    07-19-13 04:41 AM
    Dev alphas ie beta version of Z10s phones with ugly casing and 1GB RAM work fine.

There are lots of videos on YT with demoing BB10 on it vs iPhone or Samsung S3
    07-19-13 04:43 AM
    Thanks so much to axllebeer for starting up the BBM channel!
    Please join and start inviting your friends.
    Channel PIN: C000EAA94

@thaswapmeetpimp
    What is "bluetooth controller support"? Please explain a bit more.

@msps
    Formally requesting a leak of latest build BB10 for Playbook is a good idea and I'll add it as a campaign goal. Keep in mind, however that the latest bb10 build will not have some features we are asking for, like Android runtime improvements. They will allow us to run cascade apps, however. Anyway, it would be a leak, so we could decide if we want it or not.

Guys, I've made a list of BB senior management twitter accounts. I need someone to step up and take on the Twitter position so that we can start an information campaign directed at those accounts and others. The point would be to keep the Playbook issue alive in their minds on a daily basis. We would also be trying to draw them into a response on twitter that we can use. Your duties would literally take 10minutes a day tops. Many are spending hours on the playbook forums commenting every day without much result. Here is an opportunity to make a difference. Please step up.
    axllebeer and RJB55 like this.
    07-19-13 05:27 AM
    PM me your thoughts / requirements for the twitter position, I have a good IT / Technical background and used to be a BES admin. I would like to keep whatever twitter activity off my own account so happy to start something new. I really don't buy the 1GB thing at all!
    07-19-13 05:50 AM
    I'm not quite sure what to do with these possible community actions. Are we asking for the impossible?

BB10 is not an open source OS and BB has never unlocked its bootloaders to allow alternative OSes to be loaded on its hardware. Any version of BB10 is still BBRY's intellectual property and they're not likely to give it away for free to appease loyal users, even if they're short of those

What we are asking is to work with them to release BB10 for PB; that's assuming they have any developers assigned to BB10 for PB, or even any PB developers left. This is far different from working with an open WebOS and HP or even a partially open Meego and Nokia.
    07-19-13 07:25 AM
    Wow , we need an leader likes this guy :-bd
    07-19-13 07:58 AM
    What we are asking is to work with them to release BB10 for PB; that's assuming they have any developers assigned to BB10 for PB, or even any PB developers left. This is far different from working with an open WebOS and HP or even a partially open Meego and Nokia.
    Is never going to fly for the simple but sad fact that they'd have to backtrack on statements that BB10 isn't possible on the PB. The fact that it might possibly work is inconsequential when dealing with these kinds of statements. "Our" best bet would be to improve upon the current OS by any means possible, if need be one app at a time...
    07-19-13 08:04 AM
    Wow , we need an leader likes this guy :-bd
    This whole project doesn't need a leader, it needs a couple of coordinators and it already seems to have plenty of them!
    07-19-13 08:06 AM
    This whole project doesn't need a leader, it needs a couple of coordinators and it already seems to have plenty of them!
    have sent my email, we still need a guy who does this.
    07-19-13 08:25 AM
    I would like to be able to sync (two-way) contacts and calendar with Outlook and full bridge that has already been mentioned. Clean cross platform video chat again for those of us whose family members don't have BBRY products or smart anything phones, tablets, or other.

I just visited my Aunt in her local nursing home and it would have been great and wonderful to have the ability to video chat with her sister's and other relatives who have or could get to a Web or family member who has the ability to chat.

Why BBRY restricted this to BBRY only was beyond me....the arrogance is sad....but hope this could be addressed.

Noble effort to try and rally the faithful and keep hope alive. And underground movement to get things done.....
    07-19-13 08:34 AM
    Is never going to fly for the simple but sad fact that they'd have to backtrack on statements that BB10 isn't possible on the PB. The fact that it might possibly work is inconsequential when dealing with these kinds of statements. "Our" best bet would be to improve upon the current OS by any means possible, if need be one app at a time...
    Excellent point. There's no way they or Thor would want to be caught in ANOTHER lie! "It can't be done. The sky is falling. Impossible"
    07-19-13 08:43 AM
    Excellent point. There's no way they or Thor would want to be caught in ANOTHER lie! "It can't be done. The sky is falling. Impossible"
    i think it is possible for the os 3.0 @@
    07-19-13 08:49 AM
    Hey Everyone,

Some updates later today, hopefully. For now, I just wanted to let you know that we've received our first Playbook Testimonial... from a 16 year old! We've got grown men and women on CB Forums venting for days on other threads, but can't spend 15 minutes putting their thoughts down into a Playbook Testimonial that we can send directly to Blackberry management? Come on, if a 16 year old can do it... I don't mean to crack the whip, here, but we have a real shot at getting this done ONLY if we organize now. The next week is critical! Post your testimonial here or email it to me, and encourage members on other threads to do the same. We need them as early as Monday of next week.

@codiak
    THANK YOU! I'll be in touch on PM shortly. It will definitely be a dedicated twitter account, not your personal.

A couple of points related to what people are posting:

1) Leaking the last build of BB10 for PB would not compromise Blackberry's security any more than the half dozen leaks of 10.2 they're publishing weekly. As long as the security protocols on the OS are intact, there is no risk.

2) Blackberry WILL NOT open-source the PBOS or open the bootloader. That could compromise deployed Playbooks, PBOS/BB10 security. The comparison to the HP Touchpad is not valid for one simple reason - WebOS itself was turned open source. Blackberry is not turning BB10 open source, and never will, even if the hardware division goes under.

We need suggestions for creative projects! Please take a look at the two we've got up there, post if you'd like to participate or make more recommendations.
    07-19-13 08:54 AM
    2) Blackberry WILL NOT open-source the PBOS or open the bootloader. That could compromise deployed Playbooks, PBOS/BB10 security. The comparison to the HP Touchpad is not valid for one simple reason - WebOS itself was turned open source. Blackberry is not turning BB10 open source, and never will, even if the hardware division goes under.
    This much was clear (at least to me), but would they consider opening up individual apps, the browser for instance?
    07-19-13 08:59 AM
    Bluetooth gamepad support, I suppose would be more understandable.
    07-19-13 11:39 AM
    Am I the only one saw this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlmostDone2012/status/342220021642170369/photo/1

I thought it was blackberryos.com using the BB10 alpha OS on playbook, but second thought, no way, the score is excately the same as the latest bb10 browser, it can't be the old browser on BB10 alpha.

I went to html5test.com just now, the score is deleted.
    Are thet trying to hide something?
    axllebeer and victorshikhman like this.
    07-19-13 12:29 PM
    Am I the only one saw this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlmostDon...170369/photo/1

I thought it was blackberryos.com using the BB10 alpha OS on playbook, but second thought, no way, the score is excately the same as the latest bb10 browser, it can't be the old browser on BB10 alpha.

I went to html5test.com just now, the score is deleted.
    Are thet trying to hide something?
    And that PROVES that it exists! So BBRY, just release it in a leak and let's go already. Just let us decide.
    victorshikhman likes this.
    07-19-13 01:02 PM
    I admire the sentiment - I don't think anything is going to happen from BlackBerry in terms of development for it, though.

But accepting that, I don't see the harm in it.

As well as the ideas already given, I'd like to see a decent version of the Kindle app (like that available to BB10 devices). I don't wanna hear about sideloading it, that version is a crappy old one, that provides precious little integration with Kindle running on other devices / platforms.
    07-19-13 01:32 PM
    For now, I just wanted to let you know that we've received our first Playbook Testimonial... from a 16 year old! We've got grown men and women on CB Forums venting for days on other threads, but can't spend 15 minutes putting their thoughts down into a Playbook Testimonial that we can send directly to Blackberry management? Come on, if a 16 year old can do it...
    What do you seriously think a bunch of testimonials will change? We shouldn't need to convince them we're "happy" with our Playbooks. Any kind of action in this case does speak louder than words IMHO.
    07-19-13 02:18 PM
    I cannot provide a PlayBook testimonial as it would consist mostly swearing and name calling.
    meyerink likes this.
    07-19-13 04:11 PM
826 12345 ...