I believe most of the PB community members agree on the "No-BB10-On-PB-Possible" theory.

In summer last year some sort of conclusive upgrade wishlist was created - with number 2 partly done in the meantime:
    1. Browser Update
    2. Bridge Update to work with BB10
    3. Keyboard improvements (into the direction of BB10)
    4. Messaging improvements (into the direction of Hub)
    5. Compatibility with BB10 apps
    6. If (5.) not possible develop core native apps BBM, Twitter, Foursquare, Skype

Thats all in line with the last couple of comments - question is really: is someone in BBRY really working on it in accordance with a respective plan? Or is there no plan anymore and we only get updates in case someone stumbles over code that is left over from the BB10 on PB project?
    02-19-14 06:49 AM
    @Barracuda7772 - I see what you mean. I had almost succesfully blocked the Playbook OS forum out of my mind (thanks for reminding me ). I just hope it can be contained to that forum (that I do not visit anymore).
    02-19-14 06:53 AM
    Thats all in line with the last couple of comments - question is really: is someone in BBRY really working on it in accordance with a respective plan? Or is there no plan anymore and we only get updates in case someone stumbles over code that is left over from the BB10 on PB project?
    The complete lack of response to any of the actions (tried in this thread) by Blackberry is answer enough, I'm afraid. We were a bit wrong-footed by the unexpected update, but that was all, "folks"...
    schwede likes this.
    02-19-14 06:57 AM
    The complete lack of response to any of the actions (tried in this thread) by Blackberry is answer enough, I'm afraid. We were a bit wrong-footed by the unexpected update, but that was all, "folks"...
    Well, there is the Bridge update and the HUB backdoor "thing". Something is cooking, but not much.
    02-19-14 08:53 AM
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    02-19-14 10:08 AM
    Indeed, although this would seem to be even more appropriate:

FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    02-19-14 10:14 AM
    Hardly behind the times mate, I'm a BESAdmin who meets with BlackBerry frequently as part of my job.
    You're reading too much into this and not actually reading the comment.

Behind the times referred to your signature which states "10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1".
    He is bragging about using 10.2.1.2102 on Vodafone.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    02-20-14 04:40 AM
    I don't understand why people won't just let the playbook die

Sent from my Z10
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    02-20-14 06:13 AM
    Ever heard of the "five stages of grief"?
    02-20-14 06:25 AM
    Ever heard of the "five stages of grief"?
    that's a good (or actually sad) one - which stage are we in - stage 2 is over I guess - now its stage 3 - right?
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    02-20-14 07:36 AM
    that's a good (or actually sad) one - which stage are we in - stage 2 is over I guess - now its stage 3 - right?
    On an individual level it strongly varies, some members of this community have clearly reached stage 5 already, while some are evidently still knee-deep in stage 1. But we'll all get there in the end...
    02-20-14 07:42 AM
    You're reading too much into this and not actually reading the comment.

Behind the times referred to your signature which states "10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1".
    He is bragging about using 10.2.1.2102 on Vodafone.
    I didn't think that SadOldMan would be immature enough to try and take the mickey out of someone's signature for not being on the latest leak?!

For the record I have a Z10 on the latest leak for testing purposes, I never use leaks in a live production environment. My multiple BlackBerrys, both work owned and personal, are on production BES servers on my employer's network. I would never use a phone with a leaked OS on one of those production servers.

10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    02-20-14 12:07 PM
    Interesting to see how the whole conversation we had in this thread is being repeated these days in various other threads.

But sad to see that the power of xThousand Playbook owners is not helping Blackberry to think about how to explain all of that in a proper way to the users and to give them at least something which might help them to consider staying with Blackberry despite the PB disaster.
    04-02-14 05:37 AM
    Interesting to see how the whole conversation we had in this thread is being repeated these days in various other threads.

But sad to see that the power of xThousand Playbook owners is not helping Blackberry to think about how to explain all of that in a proper way to the users and to give them at least something which might help them to consider staying with Blackberry despite the PB disaster.
    Good resurrection of thread! Look guys, can we get some sort of petition going for continued support and updates for the PlayBook. I know it's been done before in some fashion, but isn't it time we start again? I feel the community is more focused and in agreement now.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    04-02-14 05:51 AM
    Good resurrection of thread! Look guys, can we get some sort of petition going for continued support and updates for the PlayBook. I know it's been done before in some fashion, but isn't it time we start again? I feel the community is more focused and in agreement now.

Well feel free to start one, and provided its not a total ball-ache of field filling to sign you might actually get somewhere with the numbers.

As for BlackBerry actually listening, that is a different matter...
    04-02-14 07:58 AM
    Sure - one can always try.

Will you outline the main points you want to communicate to Blackberry?
    Where do you want to publish the open letter/petition?
    Are you sure the right people in Blackberry will read this open letter/petition? Perhaps there are better channels (e.g. the investors relation department, article in one [or many] newspapers)?
    PlayBook UK likes this.
    04-02-14 08:05 AM
    Sure - one can always try.

Will you outline the main points you want to communicate to Blackberry?
    Where do you want to publish the open letter/petition?
    Are you sure the right people in Blackberry will read this open letter/petition? Perhaps there are better channels (e.g. the investors relation department, article in one [or many] newspapers)?

Some great ideas!

Who has run previous petitions? Some advice please, on how they went..why did they succeed or fail?

If someone could write a concise timeline of events..broken promises, lost potential etc

We then need to decide as a PlayBook community what the goal of all this is.

Once goal established, we need to show how this goal can be achieved and how it will benefit BlackBerry and it's customers.

Get the petition running...

Then we get in touch with Tech reporters/newspapers to get all this some publicity. Investor relations department. We need publicity to be positive, not negative.

I personally think we should push only for Android Runtime update, Browser speed update, continuous development of 'Bridge Hub'(this may be happening anyway) and security patches. Keep it simple.

I'm no wordsmith...so we need someone to put this into an open letter ASAP...

axllebeer likes this.
    04-02-14 08:55 AM
    I have never started a petition so I'm not sure where to begin. But I think focusing on the things you listed UK are key things that would make a difference for all of us.

But even more I want future maintenance updates. Security patches and flash as well as Air updates. It wouldn't add functionality but it would maintain the PlayBook.

Sent from my PlayBook, yeah, really!
    Last edited by axllebeer; 04-04-14 at 02:02 PM.
    04-02-14 09:38 AM
    The only benefit I can see for BlackBerry is gaining a revenue percentage from app, music and movie sales if they can bring the BB10 iteration of BlackBerry World store to the PlayBook. That right there is the only place anyone is going to spend any cash.

I for one have just sold my PlayBook today as I am done with the whole thing now, however I am happy to sign a petition either way.
    PlayBook UK likes this.
    04-02-14 11:01 AM
    So to start

1. Advice from a 'petition expert'..local or national experience.

2. Intended audience ie BlackBerry, Tech Media etc

3. Goals:

1. Continued Security Patches, Flash and Air updates.
    2. Android Runtime update (similar to BB10)
    3. Browser Speed improvement (similar to BB10)
    4. Bridge Hub, continued development, presuming that's what is going on?
    5. Repair PlayBook community relations with BlackBerry and help improve and promote the BlackBerry Brand.

6. BBM Native PlayBook.

4. We need someone to put this together into an open letter...not my skill.

5. We need someone to work out some kind of projected profits model for BlackBerry due to these improved relationships and new tablet BB10 setup. Someone suggested Apps, but not all would work on the PlayBook unless you put a BB10 lite in the PlayBook somehow.

Help please!?

04-02-14 11:59 AM

Sent from my Z10

Playbook Community Action Thread-images.jpg

Posted via CB10
    RJB55 likes this.
    04-02-14 12:57 PM
    Today I saw this story on ArsTechnica Windows to be free on 9” and smaller tablets, also on IoT devices | Ars Technica and it got me thinking, but I'm not tech savy enough to know if this is doable.

Assuming BB went along - could this be applied to the Playbook? Could the playbook even support such an operating system? The benefits would be huge - an OS supported and updated by a major company that had a developer community writing apps, in other words everything we had hoped for.
    04-02-14 01:37 PM
    Today I saw this story on ArsTechnica Windows to be free on 9” and smaller tablets, also on IoT devices | Ars Technica and it got me thinking, but I'm not tech savy enough to know if this is doable.

Assuming BB went along - could this be applied to the Playbook? Could the playbook even support such an operating system? The benefits would be huge - an OS supported and updated by a major company that had a developer community writing apps, in other words everything we had hoped for.
    BlackBerry would have to unlock the bootloader if I understand correctly.

Posted with my CB-Q10 using the power of " Q "
    04-03-14 11:58 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	260261

Posted via CB10
    Lol nice proper use of grumpy cat! But seriously the PlayBook is aged and Constantly badgering Blackberry about maintaining a product that has died twice I believe is doing a disservice to blackberry as a whole. Blackberry is capable of great innovation, but they need to break even and even turn a profit in the cash department.

Holding onto a Dev team dedicated to a product on life support when there is a plug pulling date really only is hurting the bottom line.

I would of liked if blackberry killed the PlayBook even a year earlier as to help them return to profitability even a little sooner because that's when an updated tablet would get released

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    04-03-14 01:03 PM
    Lol nice proper use of grumpy cat! But seriously the PlayBook is aged and Constantly badgering Blackberry about maintaining a product that has died twice I believe is doing a disservice to blackberry as a whole. Blackberry is capable of great innovation, but they need to break even and even turn a profit in the cash department.

Holding onto a Dev team dedicated to a product on life support when there is a plug pulling date really only is hurting the bottom line.

I would of liked if blackberry killed the PlayBook even a year earlier as to help them return to profitability even a little sooner because that's when an updated tablet would get released

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    You do realize you put that statement in a playbook thread?
    04-03-14 01:15 PM
826 ... 3031323334